Not many details available yet but Amazon (US) is taking pre-orders for the Region 1 NTSC one disc DVD to be released on August 23, 2011.

Here's more info about the Blu-ray and DVD from Movieweb:

Sympathy for Delicious comes to Blu-ray and DVD August 23 from Maya Entertainment.

DVD and Blue-ray Bonus Features Include:

. Behind-the-Story Featurette with Mark Ruffalo and Christopher Thornton

. Audio Commentary with Orlando Bloom and Mark Ruffalo

. Deleted Scenes

Exclusive Blu-ray Bonus Features Include:

. Photo Gallery

Sympathy for Delicious has a running time of 96 minutes and is rated R.

And two different covers from Movieweb and Amazon:

SforD_DVDCover01.jpg

SforD_DVDCover02.jpg

Much to my surprise and delight, and my husband's chagrin, when we opened last night's NetFlix, on the inside of the envelope cover of the DVD, there was an advertisement for DVD of Sympathy for Delicious!

I've never seen NetFlix advertise like that and I was thrilled when I discovered it! My husband remarked, "Of course you'd be excited - it has the boy Bloom in it. And OF COURSE you're going to really want the DVD now, aren't you?" Smart, smart hubby! :wink2:

Much to my surprise and delight, and my husband's chagrin, when we opened last night's NetFlix, on the inside of the envelope cover of the DVD, there was an advertisement for DVD of Sympathy for Delicious!

Yep, same here. My bunnies love to shred those Netflix wrappers so there I was about to put it in their paper pile when I was like, "woah, hmm, might want to save this one."

Happily Proff Sandy really enjoyed the movie so, unlike Elizabethtown, we'll watch it together on DVD.

Off to pre-order through the Ka-Bloom link!

Just FYI, Amazon is now listing some secondary "new and used" copies available for SFD. I ordered a new copy from one of their secondary sellers for under $16 (shipping included) and have had notice that it's in the mail. Looking forward to this immensely.

:cool_beans:

KaBloom's Amazon link

(Click on the "powered by Amazon" button @ top right to get to the Amazon main page.)

My DVD has arrived! :cheer2:

So I don't need to think about that anymore. I decided to watch it on Monday night, no sense in taking a chance with it now, I don't want to be watching it and the power goes out because then it will be stuck in my machine until the power comes back on.

Kim

It was 11:00 pm before I could enjoy SFD. Having seen the movie once, I went straight to the commentary. Let me tell you it was the best! I think this is the first commentary where Orlando was able to interact with others, and the ethusiasim and love for the movie and each other was off the charts. I won't tell you too much of what was said, but he took a lot of kidding from Mark and Christopher about being "The Rock God". You'll love the details of shooting the big rock concert also.

One sour note, the deleted scenes I was expecting were not included. On the commentary, Orlando told Mark he should release a director's cut. A happy thought, but I'm afraid it won't happen.

I'm still very happy with it, and I think it's worth buying just for the commentary.

Hi Serendipity, :wave:

I was wondering where did you find the Audio Commentary? I watched my DVD last night and after the movie was finished, I went into the Special Features wanting to watch the Commentary but when I got into the menu all I could find was the Behind-The-Scenes Featurette and the Trailer, there was no Commentary listed despite of the fact it is mentioned on the back of my DVD. I even checked the Scene Selections. So it looks like I am missing it. :( Now I am wondering which cover to you have on your DVD? Is it the one where Dean and Father Joe are looking up at The Stain or is it the one where it shows all the pictures with the white background? I have the first one.

Oh well, I have the movie and that is most important. :2thumbs:

Kim

Kim, it took me a while to find it too. Would you believe it's under "Setup"?

I have to warn you, F bombs are flying both on and off the screen. There's a lot of discussion about the difficulties of shooting the movie on such a tight schedule and budget, and during the commentary Mark said he would put some edited scenes on the dvd. I think the lack of time and money might be why the deleted scenes were not included.

My copy arrived yesterday and I discovered that I have BOTH covers! Look at the back side of the slip-in and see if the white cover is on the back.

I like the sepia one with the light beam better, so I left it facing out.

Unfortunately, I think my ancient DVR machine is wearing out. It wouldn't recognize the SFD disc. Time for that Blu-ray machine. But I've watched the movie and limited extras on my pc. I found it to be a poignant film and the tag line "you get the healing you need" most appropriate. Next time I'll check out the commentary.

Nin