Sunstar

14 posts in this topic

Vogue

Fashion Unites For Japan

LAUREN MILLIGAN

24 May 2011

KARL LAGERFELD, Lady Gaga, Alber Elbaz and Victoria Beckham, amongst others, have teamed up with the Japan editions of Vogue and GQ for a charity T-shirt project in aid of survivors of the Japanese earthquake. Adorned with messages of support for the Japanese people, the Fashion Unites For Japan T-shirts will go on sale globally on June 25 through Uniqlo, priced £12.99 each.

Also involved in the design project are Charlize Theron, Orlando Bloom, Cyndi Lauper and Blake Lively. The initiative is expected to raise approximately 100 million yen (£757,000), which will be donated via the Japanese Red Cross Society to aid restoration following the disaster. Vogue and GQ Japan will support the afflicted people through this project in hopes of early recovery.

See all the T-shirts here

Visit http://savejapanproject.com for more information.

uniqlojpv.jpg

Uniqlo

What an excellent idea! Thanks, Rene, for providing. I scrolled through all the shirt designs. The shirts are affordable for folks who don't have a lot of spare $$ but want to do their bit to help.

Once again, Orlando shows us just how beautiful and generous his heart is for those that most in need. I hope they raise lots of money to help out Japan get through this tough time.

But you know those words he wrote can also be for all those that have suffered and lost so much down in the Southern States through the tornadoes and the floods. :cry:

Thank you so much Rene for bringing this over and to Orlando for his big and beautiful heart. :hug:

Kim

Great campaign, I already asked my sis to go look for the T-shirt. Something nice to wear and an additional t-shirt for summer AND a donation for Japan - a win-win-win-situation!

I really love Orlando's quote. Great t-shirts contributed by all of the celebs. Thanks for the news and links!

Sis - also known as Napasha - let me know that the t-shirts have arrived. Can´t wait to wear them!

I tired to order but it is only UK at this time. boo

Dati, put a photo of you guys in your shirts! That would be great.

glenna

That´s a great idea, Glenna, we shall definitely do that.

It´s only another two weeks until I fly over to the UK, so looking forward to seeing the family again.and getting the T-shirt :)

I just read the Financial Times Weekend issue (23/24 July 2011) and found an article on T-shirt campaigns for charity. The article states: "UNIQLO is donating Y100m (about 780.000 Pound Sterling) from sales of the tees to the Japanese Red Cross."

I find that very good news :highfive:

I tried to order but it is only UK at this time.

Dati? Is Glenna right that only people in the UK can order these shirts (if you know)? :beatsme: I have my eye on one, which is why I ask. . . :lookie:

Oh, and YES that is very generous of UNIQLO. I know it's a tax write-off, but still. . . very generous. :shiny:

- Pam -