So good to get Orlando's confirmation. I wasn't all that thrilled with the last Pirates. Now that Orlando is officially on board, I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Thanks, Rene, for bringing us the word.

Good to hear! I'm just as excited to see Mr. Gibbs! :wink2:

Now that Disney has finally confirmed Orlando's involvement in POTC5, I can officially get excited about this movie. I wasn't really impressed with POTC4, Jack antics are getting a little stale. Now that Orlando's on board I'm definitely putting POTC5 on my to see list.

YES!!!! :yahoo:

I missed seeing Captain Turner in POTC4, it just didn't feel right not having him there so I am absolutely thrilled to see him back for POTC5! :cheer2:

Thank you so much Rene. :hug:

Kim

Whoo Hoo! I like the others put up with POTC4 but it's not my favorite. So glad Will is back! :yahoo: (He was my first Orlando experience, you know!?)

Thanks for providing, Rene. I was surprised to hear Orlando say that his Pirates' part is small. He's in the beginning and again at the end. I was hoping he'd have a larger role. He is the reason I plan on seeing this new Pirates. I didn't enjoy the previous one, #4. I really applaud Orlando for going beyond the blockbusters. He's tried on dark roles, indie roles. Good on him for expanding his acting horizons.

I had a feeling Orlando's role as Will would be a small one, so I am not surprised by that. But I am still looking forward to seeing him in it. :)

Thank you Rene for posting the link to the interview. :hug:

Kim

Digital Spy

Kaya Scodelario on Pirates of the Caribbean 5: 'It'll be much more like the first film'

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Kaya Scodelario promises that the fifth entry in the swashbuckling franchise "will have much more of the feel of the first film".

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy while promoting her latest movie, The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, Scodelario was keen to talk about Pirates 5's links to Curse of the Black Pearl.

"It [does have] a lot more of the first movie, that's what they wanted to bring it back to," she said.

"[The producers] want to take it back to the beginning again. They wanted it to have this epic journey, and for it to make sense, and for it to tie things up, and also lead to new storylines."

The 23-year-old Skins veteran also opened up about her character in the film, Carina Smyth.

"[Carina] is an astronomer, and she is an academic," Scodelario explained. "She's fighting for the right to study at university, because women couldn't at that time.

"So she's on her own journey - looking for the trident of Poseidon - and she has a diary with clues, and she encounters Jack Sparrow along the way, and he messes everything up. As he does. And it's fun!"

No. 5 will have the feel of the first film. Sounds good to me. That one was my favorite, so it's good to know the fifth film is harkening back to that one.

I think after my enjoyment of Star Wars recently, I'll be ready for some Pirates by Summer of 2017. (Only 18 months to go!)

Hopefully there are some projects in between to keep us busy and talking.

I went ahead and *sigh* bought the fourth (non-Orlando) one, so I'll have the full set. . . eventually. :shiny: I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Will Turner again! :p

- Pam -

Paul McCartney Joins Johnny Depp & Crew For ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’

EXCLUSIVE: After wrapping Disney’s Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg and producer Jerry Bruckheimer have gone back to add an extra big set-piece scene. I’ve heard that it is built around Paul McCartney, who quietly has joined the cast of the film. The picture, the fifth installment of the Pirates Of The Caribbean series, stars Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa, Javier Bardem as the villainous Captain Salazar, and Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario play new characters and Orlando Bloom returns as Will Turner. No one was telling me what role McCartney plays. All I was told is that this is not a re-shoot, but rather an extra scene, and that there is plenty of time to add it because the film isn’t being released until May 26, 2017.

You can read the full article here.

Thanks, Rene, for bringing us the word.  I wonder what this big set-piece scene will be like, and what PM's role will be.

WOW!  Paul McCartney is going to be in POTC5!  He must be a big fan of the franchise and wanted to be a part of it.  It will be interesting to see what his part will be like.  First Keith Richards in POTC3 and now Paul McCartney in POTC5.  :2thumbs:

Thank you Rene for the heads up. 

Kim

I hope understanding the storyline of POTC5 won't require having seen #4!  :unsure: When it comes out, I'll be back to ask my kaBloomie friends if they think it does... :bye1:

I was looking up a movie time in my Fandango app - and accidentally came across the release date for POTC5: May 26, 2017 (so Memorial Day weekend in the US)!

There's been a title change for UK audiences - it will be known here as 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge'.