Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

Smaug's Horde

One of the many ways of catagorizing people is people who 'get' Math and everyone else. :lol: This article was obviously written by someone who had been given a set blocks with numbers instead of letters as a child. If you like playing in that sandbox, or love to be amazed by those who do, this story is for you.

$8.6 Billion (USD). How Much is a Dragon Worth? appeared in Forbes magazine and it shows the readers what goes on behind the curtain as the wzard crunches numbers and assumptions to determine the value of Smaug's horde. The Forbes Fictional 15 is a complete list ranking the fortunes of fictional characters (and backstories if you click on the links):

1. Scrooge McDuck

2. Carlisle Cullen

3. Artemis Fowl II

4. Richie Rich

5. Jed Clampett

6. Tony Stark

7. Smaug

8. Bruce Wayne

9. Mr. Monopoly

10. Arthur Bach 11. Jo Bennett 12. C.Montgomery Burns 13. Chuck Bass 14. Gordon Gecko 15. Jeff Lebowski

That article is brilliant! Thanks Jill.

Be sure to read the comments further down explaining why they think the writer has under estimated Smaug's wealth.

I just love the article. The idea of this list is brilliant. Although I would assume, that Smaug´s antiques would definitively have more value than any real estate and art horded by the Cullens.

That was awesome! And I thought I was a geek.

Thanks again, Jill.

I particularly loved this comment from the author in response to a poster named 'Smaug':

“O Smaug the Unaudited” I am dispatching a fictionally certified accountant to your last known residence, one “The Lonely Mountain,” even though I’ve heard rumors you’ve gone Hollywood and are on location in New Zealand. Please greet Master Undercount with all due respect. He has a wonderful head for fictional numbers even though he may be “just a child to your eyes.”

:lmao2:

Great stuff.

I'm impressed by the author's scholarship. But it's academic - Smaug isn't telling! :lmao2:

It will be interesting to re-visit this subject when we see the size of PJ's dragon - somehow I'm sure it will mess up the mathematics.

Thanks for the fun Jill.

Sign in to follow this