ka-Bloom.org Forum

The Lazarus Effect Campaign

mayfrayn

New York (April 29, 2010) /PRNewswire/ — (RED) today announced the launch of The Lazarus Effect Campaign, a multi-platform campaign across TV, online and print, including an HBO documentary airing on May 24, that will help raise awareness of the transformative effect of antiretroviral medicine for those living with HIV in Africa. Launching April 29 on HBO, the awareness campaign will roll out across various TV and online networks in the coming weeks. The campaign equates the relative value of 40 cents by comparing trivial items worth 40 cents e.g. a stick of gum, a smear of lipstick — to the value of one day's worth of life transforming antiretroviral medication.

The campaign, directed by renowned photographer Brigitte Lacombe, features Bono, Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Julianne Moore, Naomi Watts, Claire Danes, Alek Wek, Iman, John Turturro, Toni Collette, Hugh Jackman, Orlando Bloom, Lucy Liu, Gabourey Sidibe, Kerry Washington, Bryan Cranston, LeAnn Rimes, Jane Lynch, Michelle Rodriguez, Gwen Stefani, Hayden Christensen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Don Cheadle, Ludacris, Common, Benicio Del Toro, Dakota Fanning, Christy Turlington and the Jonas Brothers.

"At the heart of this campaign, is a message of progress and the results of smart targeted aid," says Susan Smith Ellis, CEO, (RED). "We felt it was important to show that people's lives are being transformed every day by medication funded by organizations such as the Global Fund and PEPFAR. This story needs to be told so that people understand that the money is working, there is real progress and that we need to continue making this treatment accessible to those who need it."

read the entire article and see the video with Orlando and mnay others at this link:

http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/red/43843/

29p4rk5.jpg

That really makes you stop and think. A very powerful and compelling message about a very important issue and I hope it works.

I am very proud of Orlando for taking part in this campaign but I am not surprised. :wub:

Thank you very much Elena and Jules for the article and the video. :hug:

Kim

Yes! a powerful message well presented. Congratulations to those who launched the awareness campaign, I hope it is hugely successful. I am not surprised to see Orlando involved, and that he spent his 40 cents on a dog. Cute! :lol:

Thank you Elena and Jules for posting this news.

Thanks for the news and video, Mayfrayn and Jules. I like that he got the balloon dog, very cute. :) It always makes me happy to hear and see him involved with helping others.

Jan thanks for the bigger screen caps. Orlando makes holding a balloon dog very sexy. :hott:

Thanks, Jules.

So let's try again. :lol: A much better version grabbed from YouTube - one each for the US and the UK! Not a lot of differences, but a little.

US:

UK:

And better downloads:

US :: UK

Caps (there's only 2 to be had!), without Jared's nasty watermark.

Lazarus_Cap01.jpg

Lazarus_Cap02.jpg

Jeez, I love seeing Orlando + the balloon doggie, but I hope this is the end of this one. :lol:

I can't stand those JustJared watermarks so I knew if I waited long enough there would be better versions of them. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much Jan for bringing over the better versions of the pictures and for the video clips, you definitely take good care of us. :hug::iheart:

Kim

Thank you, Jules and Jan. I've had some Project (RED) items for a while now, and I'm glad to see Orlando supporting this new campaign.

And on a shallow note, Orlando's rockabilly hair makes me giggle. Not that I'm complaining, though. :teehee: