HeySailor

SforD Release dates

Although the release date is not official yet, this seems like as good a time as any to start the thread.

Hidden in a story about drummer Deantoni Parks (aka 'D') in his hometown newspaper, The Newnan Times-Herald:

<snip>Parks is also in demand as a producer and was recently involved with creating part of the music track for the independent feature film "Sympathy for Delicious," which stars Orlando Bloom, Juliette Lewis, Christopher Thornton and Noah Emmerich. The film won a jury award at this year's Sundance Film festival.

The film is actor Mark Ruffalo's directorial debut. He wanted to film a live band playing one of the tracks by The Mars Volta that Parks played on and helped produce.

But no one else could play Park's rapid-fire licks and he was hired to perform on drums and act in the film. "Sympathy for Delicious" is expected to be released later this year.

"It was fun," Parks says. "A nice change of pace."<snip>

This interview is an interesting read, as is his big 4 page spread in the April 2010 Modern Drummer magazine.

Well, since Mark Ruffalo said last weekend they have no distributor and don't see one on the horizon, I wouldn't put much stock in it. I'd love it, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Juliette Lewis was interviewed by AICN at the Chicago Film Festival (her film CONVICTION screened) and she mentions SFD near the end:

<snip>

Capone: You mentioned the Mark Ruffalo film. Is that coming out? Is anything going on with that? JL: That's one of those things.

Capone: I remember reading about it at Sundance.

JL: It won the [special Jury Prize-Dramatic] award. Those are one of those little movies. I don't know if it will ever come out or if it will be on DVD. I don't know if there's a release for it.<snip>

:quiver: Let's hope Juliette is out of The Loop.

The LA Chronicle ends an article about Mariko Denda with mention of SFD:

<snip>

Look for Denda next year in Sympathy for Delicious, Mark Ruffalo┬┤s directorial debut, which is scheduled for U.S. release in Spring 2011. Denda plays a devotee of Delicious D, a homeless paraplegic DJ who discovers that he has the power to heal others with a touch. The film won a special jury prize at its Sundance 2010 premiere.

Spring 2011. Let's hope she heard it right!

We have a release month - in Mark's own words (in his interview with PASTE magazine on the occasion of having been named Paste's 2010 Person of the Year in Narrative Film) - APRIL. :cheer2:

:thumbsup: The Village East Cinema in NYC has a listing for SFD "opening April 29" 2011. Mark Ruffalo will be in attendance opening weekend for a Q&A.

There is an opportunity for those who can make it to Midtown Manhattan to attend a screening and live dialog event, according to The Learning Annex. Mark Ruffalo and Christopher Thornton will be present on April 25 7-9:30 pm. Tickets $25 through the Learning Center link.

A few tweets about SFD from Mark:

Sympathy For Delicious Opens in LA and NY on April 29th. Then it will immediately go to Video on Demand so that all can see it.

about 18 hours ago via web in reply to ryanloral

We will have a nice size premiere in NYC with a Q and A including myself, Orlando Bloom and my star Christopher Thornton.

about 18 hours ago via web in reply to Reboken

We are taking Sympathy 4 Delicious out using Video on Demand because most of the Cinema's in America won't play small movies.

about 17 hours ago via web in reply to springrose12

It will have a wider release in the UK and Europe. Sony pictures is taking the movie out there.

about 17 hours ago via web in reply to springrose12

Village East Cinema

SYMPATHY FOR DELICIOUS - Q&A with ORLANDO BLOOM AND CHRISTOPHER THORNTON

following the 7.55pm show

Friday, April 29, 2011

Join us Friday 4/29 at the Village East Cinema for a Q&A with stars Orlando Bloom and Christopher Thornton.

Winner of a Special Jury Prize at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival and marking the directorial debut of Oscar nominee Mark Ruffalo, SYMPATHY FOR DELICIOUS is about wheelchair bound DJ Delicious (played by writer Christopher Thornton) living on the streets of Los Angeles. Things take a dramatic turn for Delicious when he gets involved with a punk band and, with the help of a local priest played by Ruffalo, discovers he has miraculous healing powers. The film features original songs from punk icons Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and Cedric Bixler actually performed by the cast, which includes Oscar nominee Juliette Lewis and Orlando Bloom. This gritty story about redemption also stars Oscar nominee Laura Linney and Noah Emmerich.

SYMPATHY FOR DELICIOUS - Q&A with MARK RUFFALO AND CHRISTOPHER THORNTON

following the 7.55pm show

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Join us Saturday 4/30 at the Village East Cinema for a Q&A with director/star Mark Ruffalo and writer/star Christopher Thornton.