ka-Bloom.org Forum

Orlando Up For "Heart of Green" Award

TithenFeredir

I just stumbled over this. Orlando is included in a group of celebrities "in the running" so to speak for The Daily Green's "Heart of Green" award. Other possibles include Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, Leo DiCaprio, and so forth.

It doesn't appear to be something the public can vote on. It's nice, though, to see him getting singled out for his green activities.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental.23?click=square

"Bloom’s starred in some of the biggest films of the last 10 years, including the Lord of the Rings series and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

His Eco Achievements: Bloom has been a part of environmental company Global Green for several years, and renovated his home with solar panels. He also drives a hybrid car.

Did You Know: In 2009, Bloom participated in the “Australia Unites” fundraiser to benefit victims of Australian bushfires. Bloom also wrote an essay that appeared in the book Antarctica — A Call to Action.

Pictured: Bloom attends the Global Green USA 3rd Annual Pre-Oscar Celebration to Benefit Global Warming."

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental.e#ixzz0kYMpaGC2

"Making Green Mainstream

Sponsored by The Home Depot, The Daily Green's Heart of Green Awards honor those people and organizations that take green to the mainstream — to the "heart" of the American people.

On April 20, 2010 The Daily Green will host its second annual Heart of Green Awards ceremony, an invitation-only dinner in the LEED Gold-certified Hearst Tower in New York City. "

~TF

• 2 weeks later...

Good find, Ruth. I'm so big on eco living wherever we are and to whatever degree it is financially plausible for us to take it. I love when celebrities and other people of influence walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Orlando lives what he believes. He has a heart of service and for doing good. That's what I love about him. He goes about quietly doing good things.

Speaking of celebrities who live what they preach, singer Jack Johnson with his brother, built an entirely solar powered recording studio in Hawaii a few years ago and all of his CD packaging is eco friendly as well, no plastic. It's all made of recycled paper. I don't understand why other recording artists don't go the route of paper packaging for their CDs rather than those jewel cases.