Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

Bakshi's Animated LOTR movie

A Deluxe remastered edition of the 1978 animated LOTR is being released on the same day as PJ's BluRay LOTR - April 6th. This version is only half of the story (never got around to the 2nd half for whatever reason) and it'll be available on both regular DVD and Blu-Ray DVD. John Hurt voices Aragorn and Anthony Daniels (C3PO) is Legolas; I don't recognize any other voices.

This is either slightly off-topic or slightly in the wrong thread. Either way, if you need your fix while you're waiting for another Tolkien movie, you might consider this one. I have it on tape but haven't watched for awhile. Maybe I'll have to add it to the stack to watch once the Olympics are over.

is being released on the same day as PJ's BluRay LOTR - April 6th.

Is someone hoping for extra sales from people accidentally buying the wrong one, or is that just my suspicious mind?

This version is only half of the story (never got around to the 2nd half for whatever reason)

I do remember seeing that when it was fresh and new and I had only discovered LOTR a few years before. 'Absolutely dreadful' was the politest opinion at the time and I think it was generally felt that that was why the second half was never made. I suspect I would have a different opinion nowadays, as well as more understanding of the problems involved in filming such an epic. I may just watch out for it to see again.

T.

Sign in to follow this