ka-Bloom.org Forum

Sebastian Copeland: Sustainable Design Awards 2009

mayfrayn

This video combines three of my greatest loves. . . technology (HP's involvement), the environment (Global Green USA and the use of GREEN building methods to restore New Orleans), and Sebastian Copeland (anything to do with Orlando, since Bast is his cousin). :sigh:

It also demonstrates his extreme :shiver: efforts to battle the cold weather to take photographs of these beautiful areas of the earth that might never be seen without his participation.

His speech was so moving to me. I loved how he gently tried to persuade everyone to love ourselves by loving and protecting our environment. :shiny:

Thanks for making us aware, mayfrayn. :high5: This is truly near and dear to my heart. :wub:

- Pam -

Congratulations to Sebastian on receiving the award, it is very much deserved! :cheer2:

After reading in my local paper about this idiot claiming there is no such thing as global warming, I needed to hear something like this! These people that still deny there is a problem are either blind or they just don't care about the world around them. :(:angry:

Thank you very much Elena for finding and bringing this over! :snoopy:

Kim

Thanks for bringing this over, Mayfrayn. :high5: Congratulations to Sebastian for winning this award.

I noticed that both he and the presenter mentioned that his documentary Into the Cold will be screened at the Sundance Film Festival in January. That is wonderful. Maybe he and Orlando can be there at the same time. :photo2:

Thanks for spotting this, May. I was excited to hear about his documentary, Into the Cold, being shown at Sundance. At this point, I can't find out anything more about it.

:cool_beans: Congratulations, Sebastian. I look forward to seeing the DVD release.

ETA: Sundance has announced their US documentary short films and International documentary short films tonight. It looks like Into the Cold will be a long doc.