Born of Hope was released tonight at 7pm UK time. :)

At 7pm tonight, Born of Hope will be released! In case you didn't know, it's the next LOTR prequel, made by our friends at Actors at Work Productions, this is an even more ambitious epic (unofficial) LOTR prequel over 6 years in the making. It tells of Aragorn's parents, and the Dunedain set 75 years before the events of The Hunt For Gollum.

Born of Hope is a 60 minute Lord of the Rings inspired film being produced in the UK. A low budget production, the entire cast and crew are giving their services for no financial gain. The subject matter and quality has attracted people from around the world to join the team, even gaining support and interest from some of the original New Line Trilogy cast and crew members including Richard Taylor and the OscarĀ® winning team at Weta Workshop, New Zealand.

"Amazing stuff. It's incredible to see what craftsmanship, sensitivity and attention to detail is being brought to bear on this ambitious project. Everything so far looks amazing and I can't wait to see the finished film."

Richard Taylor, Director/Effects Supervisor, Weta Workshop

Born of Hope is a non-commercial production being created for free internet download for film fans worldwide. It is being made purely for entertainment purposes and to keep the storytelling history of Middle Earth alive.

Click here to watch the film.

How cool is that?! Maybe I can hook the laptop up to the TV and watch it there this weekend with the fam?

Thanks for posting about this Sunstar. Weta got involved and everything - that's impressive.

Thanks for the reminder, Sunstar. I was waiting for Dec. 1 so I could watch Born of Hope and then I totally forgot what day it is. I enjoyed The Hunt for Gollum and I enjoyed this film as well although knowing how it was going to end took some of the excitement away.

They had the Twins! Sons of Elrond! Oh, yeah. :cool_beans: But Legolas was a faster archer. Still the best and The Prettiest.

Good Grief! How did I miss this? I'm going to have to take time to watch it over the weekend.

Thanks Sunstar!