ka-Bloom.org Forum

Dinner With Orlando Bloom

KLSMom

F1™ party raises £450,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital

A host of special guests attended The F1™ Party on Wednesday 17 June 2009 at the V&A Museum, generously supported by Abbey and Santander, in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.

The evening was hosted by satirist and F1™ fan Rory Bremner with a champagne reception followed by an exclusive auction which helped raise £450,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital’s new Heart and Lung Centre.

Auction lots included:

Dinner with Orlando Bloom

A high speed lap of Silverstone in the Santander Abbey 2-seater driven by Top Gear’s The Stig before the start of the 2009 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix and;

Lewis Hamilton’s bespoke Steinmetz diamond-encrusted helmet which sold for £30,000

Guests were then treated to an incredible musical performance from Grammy-award winner Duffy.

Darn! A day late and a dollar short. :lol: Congratulations to whomever won the dinner date and to the Great Ormond Street Hospital for a successful fundraiser, thanks to the generous support of celebrities and the 'host of special guests.'

Congrats to the winner! He or she will certainly have a wonderful time. Does it say who pays for dinner? Well, even fish and chips will be fine, if the company is right :)

Was it a ka-bloomie? I wish we could have put in a bid as a corporate group and all shown up for the event.

As an update, apparently, Orlando went for 9000 pounds: Orlando Bloom Auctions Himself Off

Washington, Jun 19 - ANI: Brit actor Orlando Bloom has managed to do his bit for charity after he auctioned himself off for a dinner date for 9000 pounds.

<snip>

Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton, British TV presenter Vernon Kay and Jade Jagger joined Bloom at the Victoria and Albert museum, as they helped raise over 450,000 pounds for the childrens charity.

Hamiltons customised diamond-encrusted racing helmet was also auctioned off at 30,000 pounds.

Guests were treated to a champagne reception and an intimate performance by Warwick Avenue singer Duffy. - ANI

Oh to be that lucky dinner date! :sigh:

Like I said before, he will do anything for charity which is one of the reasons why we love him so much! :iheart:

I also can't get over the 9000 pounds! That should definitely go a long way in helping out the Great Ormond Street Hospital! :cheer2:

Thank you Christine and Jules for this awesome news! :hug:

Kim

As we know Orlando does nothing by halves,so whoever has paid for this treat of treats will have value for every penny.

And Great Ormond St., has much needed funds.

Even if it is in a good cause I am still green.

Tricia

I wonder if this person will even remember what they ate, or care?

If it was me, I'd probably have a hard enough time thinking and speaking coherently, let alone chewing and swallowing food. If the lucky winner manages to eat at all, I think it will be a small miracle.

He is such a sweet prince. :wub: It's awesome that they raised this much money for the hospital!

I wonder if this person will even remember what they ate, or care? :iheart:

Oh I know, I have a hard enough time eating when I watch him in his movies so I can just imagine how I would be if I had dinner with Orlando! :drool:

Kim