ka-Bloom.org Forum

Australia Unites–The Victorian Bushfire Appeal

Geri

Isn't he something else! Eddie McGuire joked "You may be a good bloke, but you're still a Pom!" Orlando had a good laugh at that one. He looked fantastic, and said he would be there all night. I'm so proud to be an Aussie. AUD$74.5M (US$48) has been raised so far. 20,000 people are registered to donate blood. It's a great outpouring of love for neighbour. It was amazing, too, the number of celebrities and sportspeople who donated their time. Orlando was the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the pics. Geri, Jules and Sunstar. :hug:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime Orlando does something like this I just fall in love all over again. What a sweetheart for pitching in and giving of his time and what sweet comments he said when certain things were mentioned. :heart::throb: Gotta love him! Thanks ladies for bringing the photos and articles to us. My continuing prayers and good vibrations to all the Aussies!

Thank you so much Geri, Jules, Sunstar and Jan for all the articles and the pictures! :hug: When I read about that part about someone starting up another fire during the telethon that really got me angry, who in the world is doing this? That they continue to do this? It just so upsetting. Hopefully they can find these people and stop them.

I was also able to make a donation through the Australian Red Cross and you don't have to be in Australia to donate. I've been wanting to do something to help so when I saw the link I didn't hesitate. I hope this is OK to post this here. If not you can always move it.

Australian Red Cross

Kim

Thank you so much ladies, for the video and pictures. :wub: He looks like he is so happy to be helping. What a sweetheart, to give up his time for this. It never ceases to amaze me what our guy is constantly doing to help out in the world. (And of course he looks darling as ever!) :)

I will be praying and sending good vibes to everyone in Australia as well.

~DeLise

How wonderful he looks! And how wonderful he is! Thank you so much Geri, Jules, Sunstar and Jan for all the photos, clips, and articles. I agree with Orlando--the way that so many Australians are "pulling up their socks" and coming to the aid of their countrymen is truly impressive. Those few who are actually making the situation worse--well, I can't write here what I truly think of them :angry:, but as I suspect all of you feel the same way, there's really no need for me to articulate it!

I didn't expect anything less of him! I am so glad that he is donating his time and name again for such a great cause! Thanks Geri, Jan, Jules and Sunstar for the video clip, pictures and articles. We are familiar with this kind of disaster over here in the White Mountains of AZ and the last 2 have been arson-set fires, too! Hard to figure what makes a criminal mind work.

Prayers going out to all who have lost loved ones, it's such a tragic thing to happen. Aussies will survive, pull together and be a better nation because of this!

Louise

This is just one more example of why we here :wub: Orlando. He just continually gives of himself to help others. What a sweetheart.

And if I could just be shallow for a moment: the accent!!! I love it when he talks in his own voice.

Thanks Jules, Geri, Sunstar and Jan for keeping us up to date with the latest.

:iheart:

Aliza

He needs to give lessons.
If he ever ventured into public speaking, he'd fill football stadiums.

Aside being a "smoking hot rockstar" (quoting nezisme's sig here), he's a man of integrity through and through. Any which way I look at him, he leaves me breathless.