Jules

The Cross

Thank you, HS. You are so efficient! :bow:

brigitte :HOHaloweenCat:

I think it's great that it was Orlando's involvement that got the movie off the ground! :cheer2: Now if only they would start filming, that would be even better! :throb:

Thank you Jill for bringing this over. :hug:

Kim :HOHaloweenCat:

Wow, I'm way behind the news but I'm excited about this film! :w00t: I haven't had a film to be really excited about with Orlando since POTC:AWD, and it is waaaay overdue. :( I was glad to see him going back to the stage for a bit, though, and I think his somewhat slower pace the last few years seems kind of.emotionally healthy. Maybe I'm weird. :lol:

Daaaaaamn, reading the entire post is like a boxing match. A very one-sided match. :boxing:

Glad to see others disagreeing with the initial assessment.

Thanks for the update!

There is a The Cross script review at ScriptShadow. This post is spoiler-free. The bolding is mine:
Genre: Drama with a touch of sci-fi

Premise: In an undisclosed future, one man will try anything to "cross" a border that cannot be crossed.

About: To star Orlando Bloom, John Goodman, and Olga Kurylenko (Quantum Of Solace), this is a project Andrew Niccol has been wanting to shoot forever, even as early back as the 90s. Early drafts under a different title ("River Road") did not garner a positive response. It is only with his most recent draft, the draft I'm assuming is the one that succeeds this one, that he secured Orlando Bloom. The movie became a go film last month as a result of Bloom's involvement.

Writer: Andrew Niccol

Details: 117 pages - 2007 draft.<snip>

The rest of the review contains spoilers (Orlando's character is no longer a vagrant :zip: ) and opinions about Orlando that I do not agree with. He concluded with "The Cross is a solid script but I wanted more"and that by securing Bloom "it was enough to secure funding and make the film." Woo-hoo! It looks like this film is a "GO" although a check of today's Variety Production lists comes up empty.

I totally agree with you sweetie on this person's opinion about Orlando, but seeing any news about this film is appreciated.

reeceehorses :hug:

Thank you, Jill.

brigitte :hug:

OK! I thanked you before. :blush:Better twice than never! :lol:

It's just as well I didn't go on that vineyard crawl. The way things are going, it will be time for the next harvest before things get under way! Ah well! Maybe "One day my Prince will come!" :search: One lives in hope! As ever, thanks for the news ladies.

Olga Kurylenko is participating in an online Q&A (via Facebook's Clickcast) on Tuesday Nov 24, noon PST, to promote her upcoming "There Be Dragons" film. Any Facebook members out there willing to add Clickcast to their accounts and brave enough to ask when she'll start filming The Cross?

:weep::weep::weep: As of Nov. 26, the status of The Cross at imdb.com has been changed to "cancelled". Say it isn't so. :unsure: Imdb isn't an official source but they do supposedly check their facts.

[imagine my fingers are stuffed in my ears] La la la la! I can't hear you. [/imagine my fingers are stuffed in my ears]

Aliza

Oh, NO! :( How disappointing. I can understand hard times and all, BUT . . .

I do hope there'll be something fantastic in the pipelines for the near future.

*crosses fingers*

:angry2:WHY?

My thoughts exactly! WHAT HAPPENED? :shout:

But we still have Sympathy and Main Street to look forward to. :)

Kim

WTF? YHGTBKM. NFW.

OK, that exhausts my clean caps.

Seriously, that movie sounded like the best bet to prove Orlando's acting skills. And it is canceled?

Wait, hold on, I think he now has my career.

Sorry! :angry:

We can only guess why it was cancelled. Funding, the exchange rate with Australia, unhappiness with the script, Andrew Niccol's penning the next Twilight scripts. Let's hope he keeps this simmering on a back burner until the time is right. And Orlando is still interested and available.

I know that film delays happen and projects sometimes never fully develope, but this one has me so upset I don't know whether to kick out a wall or eat a dozen donuts. :angry:

I know that film delays happen and projects sometimes never fully develope, but this one has me so upset I don't know whether to kick out a wall or eat a dozen donuts. :angry:
I'd go for 'kick the wall.' You can repair that damage faster and easier than the damage a dozen doughnuts would do. remember to wear steel-tipped shoes.

HS, saw your name on the post and thought :cheer2: Good news! Nope! so I'll take your advice and use steel tipped boots.

:candle2: