Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

All 3 on Big Screen

What is a December without Lord of the Rings?! All 3 LOTR films will be shown on the big screen at the Belcourt Theater in Nashville. FOTR and TTT will be the EE versions; ROTK will be Theatrical version. The films will be shown in a butt-numbing marathon on Saturday December 27th, with single films also being shown on Dec. 26 through Dec. 30. Tickets to the marathon showing include feasting fit for a Hobbit - First Breakfast, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea and Supper. (The caterer must not be a fan - there isn't a single mushroom on the menu!) Costumes welcome and encouraged. If you're interested, get a ticket Friday before they're gone:

<snip>We'll be having MIDDLE EARTH MEALS including First Breakfast, Luncheon, Supper and even Afternoon Tea and your choice of three beverages (including one ale for those age of course) to help you through the journey!

Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition)

FIRST BREAKFAST

Chorizo, Egg, and Cheese Casserole

Veggie Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Casserole

Fresh Cut Fruit

Bagels and Cream Cheese

Mini Muffins

The Two Towers (Extended Edition)

LUNCHEON

Crawfish Gumbo and Rice

Creamy Tomato Soup with Baby Spinach

Crusty Bread

Mini Cookies

The Return of the King

SUPPER

Winter Salad with Apples and Pears, Toasted Walnuts, Feta, and Lemon Sultana Dressing

Roasted Sweet and Yukon Potatoes

Grilled Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce

Biscuits or Rolls

Coffee and Chocolate Truffles

<snip>

TICKET PRICING for the Saturday, Dec 27 TRILOGY w/ three Middle Earth meals and three beverages.

Doors & Food at 10am / Film starts at 11am

Belcourt Member Advance: $40 / General Public Advance: $50

Day of Tickets - Belcourt Member: $45 / General Public: $55

This is a limited seating event - advance tickets HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

On-sale Friday, Nov 28 at 10am at the BUY TICKETS link or at the box office after 4pm

<snip>

Including ale on the menu will surely test some personal limits. Who'd want to miss any of the action for a potty break?

I wish i could be there! I just read that, a theater in Minnepolis is playing the EE of FotR and TT as well as the theatrical of RotK tomorrow. I would be there if I wasn't getting ready for vacation.

They aren't showing the EE version of RotK? That sounds disappointing. I've done the three in one showing when it was here before (it was the opening day of RotK) and it was such fun. There was no food served until the end, when during the intermission the manager of the theater brought in a bunch of Dominos pizza–which was totally impromptu. Even though I'm close enough, I don't think I could sit through them again without a sofa to sprawl out on.

Am I the only one who thinks the menus odd?

They aren't showing the EE version of RotK? That sounds disappointing.

Am I the only one who thinks the menus odd?

Apparently the ROTK EE was never made on a 35mm print, only digital, and that's the reason given for not showing it.

I didn't think the menu was very Hobbit-like either.

They aren't showing the EE version of RotK? That sounds disappointing.

I agree with you Geri, so that means the drinking game scene with Legolas & Gimli in Edoras and most of the scenes during and right before the Paths of the Dead won't be shown. :(

Also, I think that is kind of ironic because I just watched all three of my EE DVDs of Lord of the Rings this week and I enjoyed them just as much as I did the first time I watched my Extended Editions! :iheart: No doubt I will watch it again next month. :wub:

Thank you Jill for letting us know about this. :hug:

Kim

Color me jealous as well. I'm enjoying the movies on TNT right now and reminiscing. I forgot how much I loved these movies. During one of the commercial breaks, I dove into a box in the garage to dig out my copies of the books and I might just have to watch some of the extras on the EE DVD's this week.

Such great times! Love seeing the elf again.

My daughter and I camped out on the sofa yesterday and watched each one. We oooooh'd and aaahhhh'd at our lovely elf, the ranger, and the hobbits until my son left the room disgusted with us for "ruining"his favorite movies.

I did the same though and pulled out the books and will be re-reading them.

My son and I spent most of the day yesterday watching LOTR on TNT, but how I wish I could see these movies on the big screen. I never went to see them at the theaters as I was late to join the LOTR party. Maybe one day they will do that in a theater near by. One can hope. . . :)

Sign in to follow this