Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

HD-FOTR & London Philharmonic LIVE

There is an opportunity to watch LOTR:FOTR in High Def whilst the London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Voices and the London Oratory School Schola accompany the film (as they did for scoring the movie) at the Royal Albert Hall on April 14 and 15 7:30 pm. Not directed by Howard Shore; Ludwig Wicki has the honours this time around. Order tickets here. Prices run from 15-50 GBP.

BTW, if anyone needs a reason to lift their glass in a toast, today is Howard Shore's birthday! :cheers:

Oh how I wish I could see this but alas I am on the wrong side of the pond. But I can just imagine how all that will be like together.

Also, Happy Birthday to Howard Shore and while we are on the subject of LOTR Alumni celebrating birthdays, Viggo will be turning the big 5-0 on Monday! :w00t::cheer2: Happy 50th Birthday Viggo! :cheers:

Thank you Jill for bringing this over. :hug:

Kim

Happy Birthday, Mr. Shore. And to Viggo, as well. Thanks, Kim, for letting us know that he turns 50 on Monday.

Gentlemen, here's looking at you! :happybd2::beer:

Barbara

Great detective work, Jill! I saw this in "The Sunday Times" here in the UK last Sunday and meant to post but it completely escaped me.

I'm thinking of going. April 15th is my birthday so it could be a great way to spend it!

What awesome news! I may actually be in London that week for Spring Break, I would love to see this.

Thanks for the info, I will save it for the planning!

glenna :pumpkin2:

If you want to go and haven't tickets for the London April 14 and 15 performances, there is hope:

A handful of limited view seats are still available for the performances at the Royal Albert Hall of The Fellowship of the Ring on Tuesday 14 April and Wednesday 15 April. If you’d like to go along, act fast!

I actually say this - plucked up the courage to go down only a week after I had got the plaster off my fractured ankle! Really enjoyed it although not much legroom for my poor leg! Also took badly to the fact that it was the theatrical version (of course!) - it's so long since I had seen this version, I had forgotten all the "extras" that are in the extended version! Got Howard Shore's autograph on my soundtrack CD + also Doug Adams who's book should be getting released later this year regarding the music of LOTR. I've booked for the Two Towers for next year, which means of course that The Return of the King should be on in 2011. :cheer2:

Good for you Bermudagirl! What is the date of the event next year? I seem to remember that the two versions of the Two Towers are not so different that it jars on you, and I would have a long time to work on my husband for permission to go.

Bermudagirl

That sounds fabulous. Do we know that dates of 2010 event? I never made it the UK last spring as my hubby got laid off.

My son is considering music school and the Berklee school of Music in Boston is high on his list. He wants to go into production, songwriting and film scoring! Howard Shore is a graduate of Berklee!

I'll be watching for the new information.

glenna

Sign in to follow this