Jan

78 posts in this topic

I echo everything you ladies have said. What an amazing life Rory Stewart has led so far (I wonder what else he has up his sleeve!). His closeness to, and understanding of, the communities in which he worked and travelled means that his story should translate into an excellent, and very insightful, movie.

Great find, Jules!

I don't know if this is the right place.

I saw Rory on the National news last night[19th August 7pm channel 4 UK]

discussing Afghanistan, he was very softly spoken and new his subject,he was introduced as an ex-diplomat

and resident of Afghanistan for 3 years or so.

Orlando would do him proud if the film ever gets off the ground.

He has very dark hair and light brown eyes[as far as I could tell from the tv screen].

Tricia

FWIW, here's something that was on my google alert today. Not sure how accurate it might be, but a mention is a mention. We shall take it with a grain of salt for now.

Don’t arm Libyan rebels, Rory Stewart urges PM

The Mole

The Mole: Muck about with Resolution 1973 at your peril, Stewart warns his bosses

LAST UPDATED 8:46 AM, MARCH 31, 2011

Brad Pitt's film company Plan B has the rights to a biopic of the life of Rory Stewart, the Tory MP for Penrith and the Border, with actor Orlando Bloom down to play Stewart. If the film is ever made, yesterday's events in Westminster should provide a key scene. It was the day the dashing Conservative drew a line in the sand against arming the rebels in Libya.

Here's a link to the full article if you're interested.

Aliza