mayfrayn

140 posts in this topic

Did anyone else see the headline on imdb: "Neeson Rushes In?" :rolleyes: I can foresee a string of similar headlines in the coming months and around release time!

Sounds Bloomin' marvelous!

:lmao2:

I kill me.

That is fabulous news about Liam Neeson! :cheer2: I can't wait to see them working together again! :2thumbs:

I also think its interesting about Javier Bardem possible involvement.

Thank you Ryll for bringing this exciting news over! :hug:

Kim

Thank you for the news, Ryll. I'm pretty excited about both Liam Neeson and Javier Bardem (rowr) being involved. What a cast!

Fantastic news, Ryll. :high5: With Liam officially on board and the possibility of Javier, too, I think I need to lie down. :smoke:

This is my day for catching up on the threads I'm behind on! :O

Thank you, Geri, for the article, and Jan, for the gorgeous, yummy photo. :drool:

Thank you, Ryll, for your article as well. I loved Javier Bardem (deliciously scary) in "No Country for Old Men", so it's exciting to think he might be involved. I consider that a bonus after the announcement that it will definitely star Orlando and Liam Neeson! :cheer2:

- Pam -

Thanks Ryll.

Did anyone else see the headline on imdb: "Neeson Rushes In?" :rolleyes: I can foresee a string of similar headlines in the coming months and around release time!

There is another related story on IMDB(I think it's from reelsuave.com) with the headline "Neeson and Bloom to Turn into Fools" :teehee:

But I'm so glad that Liam and Orlando will be working together again. :cheer2: Although if both of them are doing this movie at the end of the year, I wonder what this means for "The Red Circle"? And while Liam and Bill Carter look about the same age now, isn't Liam a bit old to play Carter from fifteen years ago?

And it will be interesting to see Javiar Bardem working in this movie. I just hope he doesn't say to Orlando, "Call it, friendo." :fear::lol:

This is great news but, as others have already said, I'm wondering what this means for The Red Circle. With both Liam and Orlando on board for both films, I'm hoping they've worked out the scheduling so they can do both films.

And while Liam and Bill Carter look about the same age now, isn't Liam a bit old to play Carter from fifteen years ago?

That's what make-up people are for. If they could make a 70-year-old Ian Holm pass for a 30-year-old Bilbo Baggins I'm sure that removing a mere 15 years won't pose much of a problem. :pshaw:

And it will be interesting to see Javiar Bardem working in this movie. I just hope he doesn't say to Orlando, "Call it, friendo." :fear::lol:
:lol: Marilyn! He really was scary in that movie. *runs away screaming*

This is my day for catching up on the threads I'm behind on! :O

It seems you and I are in the same boat, but I'm glad I was able to catch up on the latest. This project sounds very intriguing, something to really show off Orlando's commitment to his social conscience.

You know I realized the other day that it has been a over a year since I last saw Orlando on the big screen. I don't begrudge him the long-awaited vacation but I miss seeing him larger than life.

It would seem Javier Bardem doesn't have any project line-up for him after Vicky Christina Barcelona so the possibility of him making the cast is perfect. Let's just hope for another big casting news any moment now. :otay:

On a side note, isn't it adorable that Variety still uses his BabyO picture? :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with the work of Javier Bardem. :blush: After checking his credentials, I can see why everyone is excited for him to be in the cast. The news just keeps getting better and better.

Here is a report from Bill Carter's hometown newspaper, The Chico Enterprise Record, that gives a little more info on the casting. :find:

Stars sign on for film version of local's book

By Staff Reports

Article Launched: 08/14/2008 10:12:13 PM PDT

SARAJEVO, Bosnia — Hollywood stars Orlando Bloom and Liam Neeson have signed on to play roles in the movie version of a Chico man's first novel.

Bill Carter, a 42-year-old Pleasant Valley High School graduate, is in Sarajevo this week with Bloom and the movie's producers to scout filming locations.

Carter's "Fools Rush In" was published in the United States in 2005. The novel, which features many references to Carter's upbringing in Butte and Tehama counties, recounts his harrowing time living in Sarajevo and volunteering to deliver humanitarian aid to residents at the height of the siege in 1993 and 1994.

Bloom ("Pirates of the Caribbean," "Lord of the Rings") and Neeson ("Schindler's List") have signed on in supporting roles, while Academy Award winner Javier Bardem is also negotiating for a supporting role, according to Variety. The role of Carter has not been cast.

The movie is still untitled, in part because "Fools Rush In" was the title of a recent, unrelated movie.

Carter said in a brief e-mail from Sarajevo on Wednesday that he was made an honorary citizen of the country this week.

Bloom and Carter met with the mayor of Sarajevo this week. Afterward, Bloom said he hoped shooting would start by the end of the year. Bloom said it's a departure from his usual blockbusters, but for good reason.

Carter was the director of the acclaimed 1995 documentary "Miss Sarajevo," produced by U2 singer Bono. "Fools Rush In" soon followed, a heart-wrenching autobiographical novel about how he ended up in war-torn Bosnia and his role in enlisting U2 to help stop the fighting.

His second novel, "Red Summer: The Danger, Madness and Exaltation of Salmon Fishing in a Remote Alaskan Village," was released in May.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/oroville/ci_10209788

I'm not familiar with the work of Javier Bardem. :blush: After checking his credentials, I can see why everyone is excited for him to be in the cast.

Christina, you MUST see "No Country for Old Men" and I guarantee you will never forget Javier Bardem or this movie. It was excellent and he was so scary. :fear: He's such a good actor, which makes me even more excited about the possibility of him playing a role in Orlando's movie. :good:

- Pam -

I first saw Bardem in Before Night Falls (2000), where he portrays the lead character, Cuban poet and novelist Reinaldo Arenas. It is not an easy nor a light movie to watch, but I was very moved by it and Bardem was stellar. I later found out this was his break-out role and that he had received an Academy Award best actor nomination for the role, but I must admit I got it from Netflix to see Johnny Depp in his dual cameos, one of which is his (in)famous role as the cross-dressing Bon Bon. :paperbag2:

I'm with Pam. Bardem in "No Country for Old Men" was simply amazing. I'm getting more and more excited about this film.

Thanks, Patty, for the additional info.

Barbara

Thank you Patty for bringing this over! :hug:

So Liam Neeson will also have a supporting role and there hasn't been anybody cast to play Carter yet. It should be interesting to see who ends up playing him!

So far we have Orlando, Liam Neeson and Javier Bardem, who will be next? :hmmm: This is getting really exciting! :cheer2:

Kim

Thank you Pam, :hug: Bardem has such an arresting face, I look forward to seeing that movie asap. Thank you also Patty, for bringing the further info on casting.

So far we have Orlando, Liam Neeson and Javier Bardem, who will be next? :hmmm: This is getting really exciting! :cheer2:

Kim

*ahem*

I wonder what Orlando's pal Leonardo DiCaprio is up to? :whistle:

So Liam Neeson will also have a supporting role and there hasn't been anybody cast to play Carter yet. It should be interesting to see who ends up playing him!

Same here. My bet is that they're going for an American actor to play Bill Carter. Don't we just love to speculate? :2thumbs:

Thanks Patty. :highfive:

I was surprised when I got the Google alert for that article - Chico is about an hour and a half north of me. (Its claim to fame was that Chico State was THE party school for many years. Think Animal House. :lol: )