mayfrayn

140 posts in this topic

Rowr! I'm sorry, I know we have a lot of fans of the longer hair, but this short crop just does it for me. :faint:

I'll raise my hopes with all the others here that this film comes to fruition for Mr. Bloom.

Just another signpost that shows where his heart truly is, not that we needed it! He is absolutely NOT absorbed in himself and HIS fame! I just love him for his ability to pursue things that affect humanity without ulterior motives of grabbing glory for himself. I am looking forward to this movie and more like it! Go, Orlando! Yeah! :notworthy:

Louise

I am truly excited to see Orlando do these kind of projects, ones that are close to his heart as well as ones that will no doubt show case "acting" rather then "action".

Here's hoping that filming begins the first of the year.

Thank you Geri for the article.

Adrianne

Ooops, forgot to mention how much I love the accompanying pictures. I love Orlando with long hair, with misbehaving curls, with blonde braids, and dark ponytails, but the short, clean cut is very refreshing. It shows off that amazing face to it's fullest advantage.

I can't find the right words today, but I'm just so proud of him. I'll be here waiting for news of this project just like everyone else. :gimme5:

Thanks for the news, Geri and mayfrayn. I'm getting caught up here, and it's great to hear of Orlando taking on such an important project.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will work out for him!

Now I just need to find a compelling Maine story so he can come and do a film here.

Just another signpost that shows where his heart truly is, not that we needed it! He is absolutely NOT absorbed in himself and HIS fame! I just love him for his ability to pursue things that affect humanity without ulterior motives of grabbing glory for himself. I am looking forward to this movie and more like it! Go, Orlando! Yeah! :notworthy:
Perfectly written, Louise. He's just a darling. Fingers crossed this film happens.

Rowr! I'm sorry, I know we have a lot of fans of the longer hair, but this short crop just does it for me. :faint:
:hellyeah:

A collective thank you to everyone who's posted articles and pictures. :hug:

I love the way he has to put things into perspective and how this new proyect shows the soul of the man he's now. Well Mr. Bloom, this ka-bloomie will be here to suport this and any other story close to your heart.

Thanks for the article AND the picture :naughty:. He's just :hott:.

Stardust.

Louise

Louise, I agree with everything you said here. He just keeps on showing us the reasons why we all love him so much. :wub:

Good Luck Orlando and I will be right here supporting you every step of the way. :hug:

Kim

Awesome! Thanks for the news Geri! :hug: I am very exicted to hear about him doing this project, it sounds like something very near and dear to his heart and a role that he could really sink his teeth into. Thanks again for the news.

~Kit-Kat~

Thank you to all who supplied information and photos regarding this new project for Orlando. I am anxious to hear more and will be keeping my fingers crossed that all turns out well for him. He certainly deserves it. This is all so very exciting!

:hug:

Charlie

Louise

Well said, Louise.! Geri, thanks for the article, and the picture.

Christina

Thank you for the news Geri ! I'm so happy he's involved in another movie ! :cheer2: But I can't help but wonder what happens to "The Red CircL" !

Geri, thanks for bringing us the information and the new pic. I like the new do. :teehee:

I am also very proud of Orlando for deciding to take on yet another project that is close to his heart. When an actor does something out of pure passion for the topic, that is true talent in my eyes. Go Orlando!

~Mollie~

This sounds like a really interesting project! When I heard the title of the film, I couldn't help but think about another film by the same name. :teehee: Obviously this is going to be a lot different. Thank you to all that have brought over the news about it! We have not had a new Orlando film for such a long time!

This is fantastic news! More new projects to look forward to. :cheer2:

By now everyone knows how much I love long hair on Orlando, but the pic Geri posted stopped me right at my tracks. I had to save it that very minute and print it out in wallet size to carry it with me at all times. There's something in that pose, the expression and the short hair that shows how much he has matured lately. Although in other recent photos he looks younger with the short hair, in this particular photo he looks much older. And as devastatingly handsome as we predicted once he hit 30.

Thank you, all enablers. :hug:

ETA: It just dawned on me what it is in the photo that is so remarkable. It's the stillness and inner peace that shines through.

Edited by Elvira

Yeah, Orlando has a new movie. :cheer2: And I am glad that he is doing a serious message movie and is one of the producers of the movie(like he did with Haven). I Hope it does get made and helps to further establish Orlando as an actor rather than an action movie star.

Thanks for posting the picture, Geri. The short hair does look good on him. :hott: Part of me does miss the curls though. Oh well. The good thing about hair is that it grows back. At least I hope Orlando is still young enough to have his hair grow back. :teehee:

And more news coming in! :2thumbs:

From Variety

Neeson, Bloom set for Sarajevo film

Bardem in talks to join Waddington's drama

Liam Neeson and Orlando Bloom will star in an untitled pic based on Bill Carter's book "Fools Rush In."

Javier Bardem is in talks for a supporting role.

Brazilian helmer Andrucha Waddington ("Me You Them") will direct.

Carter wrote the book about the period of time when he lived and worked as an aid worker in Sarajevo during the bitter Balkans war siege that lasted 43 months.

Elliott Lewitt ("At Close Range") and Julie Kirkham are slated to produce. Bloom will also co-produce.

"I read the script, and the very human story and the very core of this film spoke to me very clearly," Bloom told reporters in Sarajevo. "This is a departure from the very big Hollywood productions."

Aim is to lense in Sarajevo at the end of the year, with the mayor of Sarajevo backing the project.

Carter previously helmed "Miss Sarajevo," a 1995 doc produced by U2 singer Bono and late Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti.

I'm so glad he's working with Liam again. :judges:

Thanks Ryll. So Liam Neeson will be playing Bill Carter. He's a great actor. I wonder which part Javier Bardem might play? I must read the book.

Did anyone else see the headline on imdb: "Neeson Rushes In?" :rolleyes: I can foresee a string of similar headlines in the coming months and around release time!

Did anyone else see the headline on imdb: "Neeson Rushes In?" :rolleyes: I can foresee a string of similar headlines in the coming months and around release time!

Yes cazrider, and it was interesting reading, especially as it confirmed the news of Liam Neeson acting in the movie as reported by 'Variety'. It seems the movie is a 'goer', and I'm so looking forward to seeing the story unfold. :) Thank you Ryll for bringing the Variety piece across.