Sunstar

35 posts in this topic

I don't think it's misleading at all - disappointing, maybe, but not misleading. It says it's 'approximately 11x14 matted', which means including the matting. Although they don't specify how wide the matting is...

I just received my package today! :cheer2: There are only 500 copies, and I got the fifth one that was made. It was really hard to choose which of the three I wanted, but I decided on the third pic of Balian with his sword. I already have it framed and I decided to put it on the wall above my headboard of my bed. Pam, after reading your post I measured mine to see how big the actual picture is and it measured 11 x 17 and with the matting it is 15 x 21. I am very pleased with how it looks. :wub:

Here are two pictures of the one I bought. One with the frame and then without the frame.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/jen.5/Balian001.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/jen.5/Balian003.jpg

That's wonderful news, Jennifer! :cheer2:

It looks great in that frame, but then again it is Balian. :wub:

Mine was the cheapest of the three. :hmmm: I wonder if that's why it is so much smaller? I may try to (gently) remove the mat and see how big the photo is underneath. :beatsme: As I said, my mat is 11" x 14" and the print inside the mat (the part that is showing anyway), is 5" x 7.25".

I'm no photographer, but if I take a halfway decent picture of it after it's framed, I'll post it in here. :2thumbs:

- Pam -

I don't mean to sound obtuse, Pam, but does the entire print show through the mat opening? That is, the mat doesn't seem to crop out the content of the image that is displayed on the website, does it? I can't imagine why they would hide any of it behind the mat. Most prints are cut just larger than the mat they are meant to be positioned behind. I don't think I would tamper with it, were it mine. It is extremely easy to damage these prints, and that would be a shame considering what you've paid for it.

I don't mean to sound obtuse, Pam, but does the entire print show through the mat opening? That is, the mat doesn't seem to crop out the content of the image that is displayed on the website, does it? I can't imagine why they would hide any of it behind the mat. Most prints are cut just larger than the mat they are meant to be positioned behind. I don't think I would tamper with it, were it mine. It is extremely easy to damage these prints, and that would be a shame considering what you've paid for it.

I appreciate the advise, Geri, and you are the expert on these things, not me, but I know how easy it is to damage something fragile like an art print. Believe me, I found out the hard way once and learned a very expensive lesson. After I removed this print from the plastic overwrap it turns out that it is only loosely taped to the mat. I could remove it easily from the mat if I wanted to with absolutely no damage. Please trust that I would never do anything to hurt it had it been otherwise. :quiver:

Can I help it if I want to see every inch of Balian possible? :drool:

As it so happens, the print is 5" x 7.25" with or without the mat. :pout:

Hey Jennifer, I just thought of something. Did your print arrive without a mat, because you didn't mention one? Oh, and mine was the 3rd out of the lot of 500. :2thumbs:

- Pam -

Hey Jennifer, I just thought of something. Did your print arrive without a mat, because you didn't mention one? Oh, and mine was the 3rd out of the lot of 500. :2thumbs:

Yes, it arrived without a mat. It has a 2 inch white border around the picture.

Hey Jennifer, I just thought of something. Did your print arrive without a mat, because you didn't mention one? Oh, and mine was the 3rd out of the lot of 500.
Yes, it arrived without a mat. It has a 2 inch white border around the picture.

:hmmm: That's odd, Jennifer. These were supposed to be matted prints and as it turns out, "mini" ones. I'm glad you lucked out and yours was the expected size though. :shiny:

OK, as I previously warned you, I'm no photographer, but it's framed now and I'll stop fooling with it (Geri, you can relax :lol: ). I hung it on my bedroom wall to photograph it for anyone interested in seeing it. :photo2:

Pam's Balian print

Sorry for the reflection of my closet doors. I told you, I'm no photographer.

- Pam -

It looks good, Pam. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Balian.

Barbara