Sunstar

35 posts in this topic

These lovely limited edition prints are available from Fox Studio Art.

FoxFineArtGiclee_KOHG01_XL.jpg:wub:

FoxFineArtGiclee_KOHG02_XL.jpg

FoxFineArtGiclee_KOHG03_XL.jpg

Thanks to OrlandoLad of Click! Orlando! for the link.

Edited by Jan
Uploaded to kB Gallerie

I've seen the first and last pictures but the second one is a new one to me and they are all so gorgeous! :hott:

Thank you Sunstar for bringing this over. :hug:

Kim

The only problem is - which one to pick? :hmmm: (I'm partial to the second one. :wub: )

I just bought a new Notebook. I don't see how I'll make this fly, but I'm going to try.

Thanks for bringing it over, Sunstar. :hug:

Third picture for me!

I am sure there were about four or five variations of that last picture. In one of them he had a funny expression.

Now was that a publicity image, a magazine scan or something else? :hmmm:

Ohhhhhhh, lovely, lovely Balian. What is a girl to do? I love them all too, though the third one would be my first pick. To date Balian is still my favorite Orlando character. I have a soft spot for the Knight in Chain-mail. :yum:

Thank you for making my day, Sunstar!!

Christa

I thought about it and decided to get one of them. The only problem was which one? I love Orlando's character Balian :throb: the most (so far) and would love to have ALL of them, no surprises there. I finally decided on the first one. I lucked out that it is also the least expensive. However, for anyone considering a purchase please be warned, (as I painfully discovered), they are only shipping Fed Ex and the charges are as follows:

Fed Ex Ground $15.00

Fed Ex Express Saver $28.00

Fed Ex 2-Day $50.00

You will need to figure that additional cost into your decision.

:otay:

- Pam -

Thank you Sunstar, for posting these gorgeous pictures. Balian the beautiful at his best.

Sorry ladies, I seem to be alone here preferring the second one.

If shipping is that much within the US I won't even look to see how much it would be to send overseas. Pam was that price for a framed or unframed print?

Thanks for the pics, Sunstar.

Sorry ladies, I seem to be alone here preferring the second one. Pam was that price for a framed or unframed print?

Tahiri, funny that you ask that question. I was just thinking about the frame when I read your post. The unframed version of these prints is a little steep, especially with Con coming up. The framed version is really beyond my grasp right now. Also, I prefer to pick out my own frame, thank you. I already have one I'm going to use. It's a brushed silver metal and I think it will be perfect with the first one (the one that I ordered).

Oh, and Jan (among others, I'm sure) has a preference for the 2nd one. You are not by your onesies, trust me. I love them all, I mean it is Balian, right? :drool: If money were no issue I'd order one of each. You have no idea how sincerely I mean that. :bawl:

- Pam -

Ohhh. I'm thinking I'll put this on my ka-Bloomie Christmas wish list!

Balian is my favorite of Orlando's characters (thus far) and I love the third one; the dirtymanknight with sword. :kablaam:

Thanks for posting this, Sunstar.

Guest Sigh

I resisted my impulse, resisted mightily.

For about 1 minute. :giveup:

HAD to have that first picture.

Thanks for the shipping info, Pam. The reason that the cost is so steep may be because they're shipping the prints flat. Shipping tubes are cheaper to send (I think), but would not be the best method to use for shipping prints.

:faint:

These are gorgeous. I think I need to step out for some fresh air. :hott:

I'm just loving the second one! :wub: Where's the hi-res?

Thank you so much for bringing them over.

These are stunningly beautiful. I'm seriously thinking of ordering the second one.

But I'm also trying to talk hubby into going along with the purchase of a kindle. Too bad he sees the master card bill. :teehee:

Thanks for posting this link, Sunstar. How did you know we'd be interested? :rolleyes:

Aliza

According to Fed Ex's tracking system, my order will be here tomorrow! :yahoo:

Don't they know I'm dying here? :weep: Come on, Fed Ex. :bat:

When I get it I'll be back to brag report on everything. :teehee:

- Pam -

OK, so I've been home from work for a few minutes and that means (of course) I'm already on the board. I was actually getting ready to PM Allie. As I'm composing my thoughts I hear a small "thump" on my porch. :unsure: Could it be? I run to the door to see a Fed Ex truck in front of my house! :yahoo:

Faye, you were correct, it arrived flat in a regular box just a little bit bigger than the 11" x 14" print. It had my invoice on top and the matted print was well cushioned in a lot of bubble wrap (which I will reuse).

Before I go on please read (again) the description of the print, copied verbatim from the web site:

"Kingdom of Heaven is an epic adventure about a common man named Balian who finds himself thrust into a decades-long war. A stranger in a strange land, he serves a doomed king, falls in love with an exotic and forbidden queen, and rises to knighthood. Ultimately, he must protect the people of Jerusalem from overwhelming forces - all the while striving to keep a fragile peace. From Ridley Scott, the master of the modern epic. This Fine Art Mini Giclee Print is approximately 11x14 matted limited to a 500 piece edition."

Yep. The print is "mini". It's 5" x 7.25" to be exact. The mat is 11" x 14", and a lovely shade of blue that will go well in my living room or my bedroom (I haven't decided where I'm hanging it yet), and will look quite striking, (I think), in the brushed silver metal frame I'm going to lovingly place it in. However, I'm extremely disappointed that the print inside that rather large mat is so small, especially at that price. The shipping cost is pretty steep too for it to take NINE days to get to me. :pout:

I'm just warning any sister who is thinking of ordering one of these prints that they are NOT 11" x 14", the mat surrounding the print is! Anyone thinking live and learn, as I am, right about now? :beatsme:

Oh well. It is a beautiful print and I will enjoy drooling looking at it well into the future. :lookie:

- Pam -

Thanks for the warning, Pam. The print looks lovely and I was thinking of ordering one.

This Fine Art Mini Giclee Print is approximately 11x14

I thought it would be 11" x 14" too. Perhaps that's the size of the framed print. :dontknow: Whatever it is, I think the information they've given about the size of the print is misleading. :(