Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

All Night LOTR showing

The 3 week long FREE Old Pasadena (California) Film Festival concludes with an overnight showing of all three LOTR films, followed by a Hobbit Breakfast.

ROOFTOPS, BASEMENTS, ALLEYS AND COURTYARDS: OLD PASADENA'S FREE FILM FESTIVAL BRINGS MOVIES TO URBAN SETTING

July 11 to 26, 2008

PASADENA, CALIF. (July 2008) -- American Cinematheque presents the Old Pasadena Film Festival, a three-week free movie series that unites film with urban settings, featuring more than 20 screenings, celebrity appearances and works by emerging filmmakers happening on Fridays and Saturdays, July 11 through 26. In collaboration with Old Pasadena Management District and One Colorado, this district-wide festival will take place in basements, on walls, in courtyards, shops and theaters throughout this famous and historic downtown. All Old Pasadena Film Festival screenings, appearances and events are free and open to the public.

The Festival will showcase a variety of genres that reflect the urban environment of alleys, courtyards and buildings. Most films are screened in unique outdoor settings and unconventional spaces, and are themed to fit their location

<snip>

There will be an all-night presentation of the Peter Jackson's LORD OF THE RINGS with a sunrise Hobbit breakfast, also in the [One Colorado] Courtyard

<snip>

Saturday, July 26

8:30 PM till Dawn – LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY, One Colorado Courtyard, 41 Hugus Alley, Middle Earth

J.R.R. Tolkien's literary masterpiece The Lord of the Rings has influenced generations of readers worldwide and continues to captivate new fans around the globe. Director Peter Jackson and a brilliantly talented cast and crew have brought to cinematic life the epic adventure of good against evil. The future of civilization rests in the fate of the One Ring, which has been lost for centuries. Powerful forces are unrelenting in their search for it. Fate has placed it in the hands of a young Hobbit named Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood), who inherits the Ring - and undertakes a heroic quest revealing how, through courage, commitment, and determination, even the smallest of us can change the world.

Screening concludes with sunrise Hobbit breakfast.

<snip>

For further information about the OId Pasadena Film Festival, the public is asked to please call (626) 356-9725 or visit www.oldpasadenafilmfestival.com

You're on your own for 2nd Breakfast, Elevensies, Luncheon, etc.

I always find myself wondering where you get your :news: tidbits of information from, Jill, but I'm always really glad that you do. Thank you so much for bringing that to us. :high5:

That's really interesting. It's :vcool: that there is still enough interest in LOTR after all this time to show the movies at this festival.

It's a good thing I'm not a hobbit. With all those meals they eat every day, I'd be SO :blink: well, you know. :teehee:

- Pam -

Sign in to follow this