ka-Bloom.org Forum

Antarctica: A Call To Action

pjfla

Wow, Orlando never ceases to amaze me. He is always so enthusiastic about everything, and just reading this made me want to go to Antarctica. Let's hope this effort raises our awareness on global warming. I applaude you, Orlando and Sebastian. :cheer2: And thank you for scanning it, Jan.

I am waiting for my delivery,should be the weekend with any luck.

I totally agree with brigitte his beauty is not just skin deep, it goes all the way through.

If he was just about his looks we would all have lost interest years ago,and then what would we

all do, NO KA-BLOOMIES.

Tricia.

I have seen now that the book is available on Amazon USA, and it seems available too on Amazon Uk, that is where I ordered it. I hope to receive it soon!

Mayfrayn, I'm still waiting for my copy to be delivered as well. I'm sure we won't have to wait much longer.

Jan, lovely scans, thanks so much for taking the time to scan them. I've just had a quick glance at the forward, I'm saving the whole thing for when I have my copy. :wink2:

Thank you Jan for the scans! :hug: I think its great to see how much Orlando respects and admires Sebastian, I think Orlando sees him more like a big brother than a cousin. :wub:

I also agree with you about Orlando, he is not only beautiful on the outside but he is also beautiful on the inside. The way he cares about the world around him and wanting to make it a better place for all of us is one of the many reasons why I love him so much. :iheart:

Well, like I said before I put it down on my Christmas Wish List, so hopefully someone will get it for me for Christmas. :gifts:

Kim

Jan, thank you SO much for posting these!

I had chills countless times while reading this. My, he's a superb writer, isn't he? The message, of course, always hits home. But, who knew he'd be so eloquent and such an incredible wordsmith?

I have to admit I'm quite impressed.

(Not that I'd expected anything less from a man with such obvious charm. :wink2: )

:heart: Serenity

Yes, it's definitely old enough for a teenager. It isn't terribly juvenile to me, actually.

My copy has a slight nick on the bottom of one page: the first page of Orlando's foreword. I haven't yet decided if I want to exchange it or not. It's not on any of the photographs or print, but of all the pages, it had to be that one. :(

Hi everyone,

I pre-ordered my copy of Sebastian's book last May thru the Ka-Bloom link to Amazon.com as I couldn't find

it on Amazon.co.uk. They said delivery would be 1- 17 December. Then on 3rd November they told me it had been despatched and delivery would be about the end of November. Imagine my surprise when I answered the door to the postman and he had my book!!!! Can you believe it 3 days delivery time? They sent it Priority

Air Mail. Now that is what I call service, USA to UK in 3 days. It even had a Royal Mail 2nd class delivery

label on it. 2nd class over here takes at least 4 days within the U.K. So I am one very happy girl.

And Tahiri, if I am young enough at over 70 to read it, I am sure you will be at 18. I am hoping to

encourage my grandchildren ages 12 to 18 to read it and take an interest in environmental matters . It will be hard job to get them away temporarily from their Pop groups and computer games, but I am going to give it a try.

I am now going to take my book to bed with me.

Good night all and take care

Snowfairy

x x x x x

Thank you for the implied compliment Snowfairy, but I am not the intended teenager. I was having Christmas present thoughts for my niece. She is some way away and a book is easy to post. I don't suppose there is the slightest chance that it will be in British bookshops is there? Certainly none of them stocked Sebastian's original book.

I do wish someone had picked up Orlando's mistake about calling the London tornado a hurricane again, before it went into print. ( You remember he did that on that news program interview and then corrected himself.)

T.

My apologies Tahiri, one should never presume, I forgot.

I don't think you will find it in the shops over here, I tried Waterstone's and they hadn't heard of it and

they are a pretty big bookshop.. You can do what I did, go thru the ka-bloom shop and click on Amazon.com and order it from them. It cost $24.45 which translates to £15.59 and gives the board a little bit of commission, so I believe.

Yes I think it was pity they did not pick up his mistake but he has done that sort of thing before. On a message to ka-bloom he referred to us a ka-bloom.com istead .org. Never mind, he is so lovely we can forgive him for that.

Happy hunting.

Take care

Snowfairy

x x x x x

• 1 month later...