HeySailor

HD FOTR/live symphony at Wolf Trap

FINALLY! The US premiere of Howard Shore's FOTR score:

Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts ushers in its 2008 Filene Center season with the U.S. Premiere of Howard Shore's Academy- and Grammy Award-winning musical score to Peter Jackson's film adaptation of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. On May 21 and 22 conductor Ludwig Wicki will lead a live symphony orchestra; the City Choir of Washington; and the World Children's Choir, in a unique presentation of Shore's three-hour original score performed live beneath towering, high-definition projections of the film. Widely regarded as one of the most ambitious cinematic undertakings of all time, Jackson's film leaves an indelible imprint upon viewers with its stunning realization of J.R.R. Tolkien's literary masterpiece. In this moving performance, the musical score is allowed to bear the story's narrative weight, both supporting the film and driving it.

One hour prior to both performances, attendees will have the opportunity to experience a Pre-Performance Preview on the Old Farmhouse Lawn for a lecture and demonstration that offers insight and interpretation of the evening's attraction. More information can be found on Wolf Trap's Pre-Performance Preview Series at: http://www.nps.gov/wotr/planyourvisit/ppp.htm

Tickets can be purchased by calling 1 (877) WOLFTRAP; or online at http://www.wolftrap.org/. For more information, call Wolf Trap at (703) 255-1868.

Not in my neck o' the woods but perhaps there is a ka-Bloomie or two out there would could benefit from this info. The rest of us can only dream.

Thanks for the heads up Jill. It's in my neck of the woods, but alas, I won't be able to attend, due to schedule conflicts.

Thank you HeySailor! I'm actually planning to attend on May 21st. The Wolf Trap National Park is a wonderful place for outdoor performances, I love going there in the summer, and this promises to be a fantastic performance.

Marina

:clap: I'm so glad that you are attending, Marina. I'll live vicariously through your eyes.

Thank you HeySailor! I'm actually planning to attend on May 21st. The Wolf Trap National Park is a wonderful place for outdoor performances, I love going there in the summer, and this promises to be a fantastic performance.

Marina

My uncle use to live just a few miles from Wolf Trap. This show sounds very interesting. Let us know how it goes.

This sounds like a wonderful event! Thanks for the heads up and the links, Jill. I just read everything and would definitely love to go. I am seriously very tempted since I'm off work those days, but I'm saving all extra money for CON right now.

It's great that you're going, Marina. Please report back with the details if you get a chance. Legolas in hi-def! :w00t:

- Pam -

Yay, Marina! I'm so glad you'll get to go.

I'm so happy you're going, Marina. That's awesome! Please let us know how it all went.

:hug:

Barbara