Londoners have a special opportunity to watch all 3 LOTR films in one night. Starting at 11:30 pm tomorrow night (Saturday night) at the Waterloo IMAX theatre, all 3 films will be shown overnight with 30 minute breaks between each film, prizes during the breaks, free coffee and tea until the last ROTK credits roll late Sunday morning. Here's the article and ticket information. With a screen the size of 5 double decker buses, stadium seating assures that the head in front of you will not block any of the action. If the tickets are Sold Out, watching the costumed attendees arrive could provide alternative entertainment.

Seeing Legolas that big would probably be the thing that would finally do me in. :hott: Thanks for the tip, Jill. I hope some of our UK ka-Bloomies get the chance to enjoy it.

I am so jealous right now! I've been scouring websites to see if anywhere in the Midwest is going to show LOTR on IMAX. I'm not sure I'd survive, but what a way to go!

Have fun, anyone that gets the opportunity to go!

Lisa

Last time the IMAX did this we had our first ever London ka-Bloomie meetup. When was it - 2004? Staying up all night was tough (Jackie was under instructions to wake me up for the Legolas bits!) but it was such fun.

I get email alerts for the IMAX, but never enough notice to be able to make it. I'd love to see the trilogy on the big screen. Maybe one day.

Last time the IMAX did this we had our first ever London ka-Bloomie meetup. When was it - 2004? Staying up all night was tough (Jackie was under instructions to wake me up for the Legolas bits!) but it was such fun.
November 20, 2004. The day I discovered Lurtz. Momentous occasion. I doubt I could stay awake all night now.

November 20, 2004. The day I discovered Lurtz. Momentous occasion. I doubt I could stay awake all night now.

I can't believe it was that long ago! It was fun, but I'm not sure I would do it again.

I've just spent a happy half-hour rereading the meet-up thread ~ great fun, happy memories, and how excited we all were! The friendships that were forged that night are still going strong; most of us are still here today.

This is so wonderful! :yahoo: It makes me so happy that some of you were able to get together then and form such strong friendships back then. Not to mention getting to see Legolas in IMAX! :lookie:

I'm thrilled that this event is happening again, several years later. I'm also a bit jealous. UK ka-Bloomies get all the good stuff! :pout: First a certain play last summer, now this! No fair!

:neener:

Thanks for the tip, Jill. Hopefully some of us can go and report back on how wonderful he looked (as if we didn't know) up on that enormous screen. :cheer2:

- Pam -

I am with Jane, if I saw Legolas on a screen that big they would definitely need EMTs standing by! :faint: But that would not stop me from going if they did something like that around the Boston area! :shiny:

So to my fellow Ka-bloomies from the London area that get to go, I know you will enjoy yourselves seeing the best trilogy ever on the biggest movie screen! :hug::iheart:

I am so jealous! :blush:

Kim

I actually almost booked tickets for that yesterday! But to be honest, I don't think I'd be able to stay up all night. Plus, I've been spending so much money this past week in London, that I just have to control myself.

If I'm not mistaken, they are playing Return of the King the rest of the week - that's just three hours, not the whole night.

When the LOTR Exhibit had its stay at the Indiana State Museum, I saw the first two films on the giant IMAX screen. Had they shown all three on one day or night, I would have been there. Instead, the sensible people in America's Crossroads featured one film per evening.

:yum: I highly recommend it. Believe me, larger-than-life Legolas is a sight to behold! My fingers kept twitching for the PAUSE button.

Oh my jealousy has no limits at this moment. :wink2: I so wish that I could go. To see him in IMAX . . . :sigh:

I hope some of you get to go and please enjoy him them on behalf of all the rest of us! :lookie:

Legolas on a screen the size of 5 double-decker buses? :kablaam::kablaam: If I hear on the news about spontaneous comubustions in a London IMax theater I'll know why now :teehee: .

Why oh why can't they have one of those around here. *stamps feet like a little kid*

Good Luck to those of you who get to go. Have fun.

Luv ya, :heart:

Cherie