ka-Bloom.org Forum

The Red Circle

Jan

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, what a great (and handsome) cast. Had to indulge in a little shallow fun there.

Spanky :naughty:

Woot! I'm with you, Spanky!

Sounds like it's got all the makings of something great to see on-screen. And I'm with the rest of you - ready to get this started at least!

Thanks for bringing this over and translating!

Alain Delon might also be in the remake, if this bloke in Toronto and imdb are to be believed.

<snip>

We’ve known about his upcoming remake of classic French action film The Red Circle for some time now, and have also known that he’s in pursuit of Orlando Bloom to play a key role. Well, Tim Roth confirmed his involvement a couple weeks ago and word is now trickling out that Hong Kong superstar Chow Yun Fat has also signed on the dotted line. Alain Delon is also confirmed and rumblings persist that Liam Neeson is in negotiations. And, that, boys and girls is one stellar cast. Shooting is scheduled to start in December.

Shooting is scheduled to start in December.

:wtf:

Oh well, just as long as it gets started.

Thanks for the tidbit.

Aliza

I thought the same.

They're playing with us!!!! Not Fair!!! :oh:

Well I am taking that little item with a grain of salt. :salt2: Maybe they meant to put down September instead of December so I am still not giving up on Orlando going back to work on my birthday! :shiny:

Thank you Jill for bringing this over. :iheart:

Kim

Off-topic question: how did you know that the Twitch site is Toronto-based? Just curious.
:teehee: Elementary, my dear Jules. Using his embedded link to a previous story about Orlando's involvement, he dropped the clue to his home base. In the very last paragraph, sharing the good news about one of the script writers, Wai Ki-Fai, he mentioned that this director/writer team collaborated on 'Mad Detective' "a film we rather enjoyed when it played here at TIFF." The word here being the big clue so I extrapolated that he was located in the Toronto area.

And as for the starting date, he could have it wrong. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he is.

December time frame for starting this film? Hmmmm. Wonder if he will do anything else in the meantime. That is, if he wants to.

I guess we will all have to be patient then.

Thanks to everyone for all the updates. Any news is good news I guess.

:hug:

JessiBear

• 3 weeks later...

The Venice Film Festival has announced the jury for this year and Mr. To is on it.

Biennale Cinema 65th Venice Film Festival International 'Venezia 65' Jury

Venice, 16th July 2008

The following jurors have been nominated to join president Wim Wenders on the International Jury for the Competition of the 65th Venice Film Festival (August 27 – September 6 2008), directed by Marco Müller and organized by the Biennale di Venezia, chaired by Paolo Baratta.

They are Russian screenwriter Juriy Arabov, a significant voice in contemporary Russian cinema; Italian actress Valeria Golino, the winner of the Coppa Volpi in Venice at the early age of twenty, and one of the most beloved Italian actresses abroad; British visual artist Douglas Gordon, internationally renowned and acknowledged by major artistic institutions throughout the world; American cult filmmaker John Landis, who experiments in virtually every film genre with a scathing, satirical point of view; young director Lucrecia Martel, the most significant female voice in New Argentine Cinema; and Hong Kong director Johnnie To, representing the best contemporary Asian cinema and who has featured prominently in the recent history of the Venice Film Festival.

article & bios here: http://www.labiennale.org/en/news/cinema/en/79660.html

Maybe The Red Circle will come up in some of his interviews. :news:

• 2 weeks later...
Good news in a Variety article about movie producer/money man Arthur Sarkissian:
Sarkissian used his own coin to option the titles and will also self-finance the development. Sarkissian said he prefers the freedom afforded him by using his own money, as he did with "The Red Circle," a remake of the Jean-Pierre Melville crime drama "Le Cercle Rouge," which Johnnie To is set to direct. StudioCanal has come aboard to finance that pic, which begins production in October.
Didja catch that?! :whoosh: October! :cool_beans:

That is good news! I also have a question, what is Orlando doing now? Because I've been reading things like "his booming film career" and that he has "filming commitments this month that will be keeping him busy". Has anyone else read this? So I can't help but wonder what are they talking about since The Red Circle won't be starting production until October. :blink:

Well anyways, thank you Jill for that exciting news. :hug:

Kim

That is good news! I also have a question, what is Orlando doing now?

Kim

Aside from shaving off his curls, well, being handsome comes to mind .Such a hardship for him, poor lad. :naughty:

But yeah, what is going on? I still don't understand why he dropped out of…

Backing away from the keyboard and going to bed.

Spanky