ka-Bloom.org Forum

The Red Circle

Jan

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much Ryll for bringing this over! :iheart: Keeping my fingers crossed that this true about Liam Neeson and Chow Yun-Fat joining the cast because I would love to see Orlando work with them again! :cheer2:

Kim

Hollywood Reporter

Orlando Bloom squared away for 'Circle'

By Karen Chu

April 15, 2008

HONG KONG -- Orlando Bloom will star in director Johnnie To's "Red Circle" for France's Studio Canal, a spokesperson from To's production shingle Milkyway Image said Tuesday.

Film is a remake of the 1970 Alain Delon crime thriller "Le Rouge Cercle." Longtime To collaborator Wai Ka-Fai ("Mad Detective") is developing the script under the helmer's supervision.

Chow Yun-Fat and Liam Neeson are in negotiations to co-star in the Media Asia co-produced project, which has a reported $40 million budget and is tentatively scheduled to start production in June in Hong Kong and Macau.

Can we update his IMDb now? :shiny:

As for me, I don't give a rat's patootie about IMDb - they aren't exactly reliable. Hey, they posted about Prince of Persia based on a news item from WENN. Brother. (And it's still listed, even though Disney denied the rumor.)

Dollars to donuts, Liam Neeson is up for the part originally played by Yves Montand, the drunken older thief that Corey joins up with for the heist. And I imagine Chow Yun Fat is the escapee that Corey befriends. And multiple heists? Sounds better and better!

(As for a female lead, no, there really wasn't one - except for the woman who left Corey when he was in prison. She's in the film for perhaps 3 minutes? If that.)

(As for a female lead, no, there really wasn't one - except for the woman who left Corey when he was in prison. She's in the film for perhaps 3 minutes? If that.)

A woman leaves Orlando? I mean Cory???

Wow. Even though she would only be in the film for three minutes, she would have to be one heck of an actress to make THAT believable. :wink2:

As for his co-stars.Squeeeeee!!!! :cheer2:

This is fantastic news! This makes me even more excited to see this film. Orlando, surrounded by familiar faces, means a happy and relaxed Orlando. I can't wait!

Orlando plus Liam and Chow!! BAM! I'm there. The whole thing about the robbers sounds very Oceans Eleven.and see how well that trio of fellas did.

As far as the female role goes, minor part, casting an unknown, anyone happen to have Johnnie To's cellphone number. I'd do it in a heartbeat. :teehee:

Anyway, this is great news. I'm so excited about this movie!

Thanks Ryll for bringing these over.

In my imaginings for casting, Chow Yun Fat was always there in my mind. Now to think that both he and Liam Neesan could be part of this makes me believe they're pulling out all the stops for an A number one production. The excitement level is rising now. :cheer2:

I too think it's fantastic news that Liam Neeson and Chow Yun Fat are pencilled in as co-stars. Orlando has sizzling chemistry with those two from their previous projects together, on and off screen. Like all of his previous co-stars, they seem to really like the charismatic young actor. Can't think why. :iheart:

I remember seeing a small alert stating that it was Orlando who talked Chow Yun Fat into considering the project, via phone calls. I saw a small translated article somewhere, but can't remember where. Of course, it could be rumour.

I am really, really excited about this movie. :yahoo:

Sorry, I forgot my manners in my excitment. Thank you, Ryll!

Thank you so much Ryll for the updated information! I was excited about this project before but now that I know he will be working with Liam Neeson and Chow Yun-Fat again I am even more excited! :cheer2:

And as far as IMDB goes I agree with everything Jan said in her post.

Now I think I will join with Inga and "squeeee"! :yahoo:

Kim

I'd go to any movie that had anyone of those actors in it but all three in the same film! I'm definitely there. I was watching (listening to?) the commentary on Kingdom of Heaven last weekend and Orlando spoke so highly of Liam and reminised about Liam helped guide him through his first leading-role. I'm glad they'll be working together again.

I got that same Google alert and it made me so happy! :yahoo:

This is a great lineup of co-stars. I'm happy to see Orlando working again and surrounded by familiar faces.

This is great news! :cheer2: Thanks, Ryll! :hug:

Suddenly I'm hungry. All this talk about a Manwich® must have done it. :yum:

- Pam -