Jan

The Red Circle

For those in different quarters (not US, certainly!) who needed confirmation of what they considered a rumor (I'm guessing because it's posted here :whistle: ) - from today's Hollywood Reporter.

Bloom drops out of 'Education'

By Stuart Kemp

March 18, 2008

LONDON -- Orlando Bloom has pulled out of Lone Scherfig's "An Education" because of scheduling clashes just as the movie began rolling, the producers said Monday.

Bloom was replaced by Dominic Cooper ("The History Boys") in the movie penned by oft-adapted British novelist Nick Hornby.

Producers have moved quickly to replace Bloom on the film, which began shooting Monday and will be in front of the cameras until May on location in and around London, Oxford and Paris.

A shame that some *sources* aren't quite enough for everyone.

(Just trying to be subtle, y'know. :teehee: )

Like some others, I am a bit disappointed that he won't be doing An Education but I am thrilled that he is working on something. :shiny: And honestly, I'd go watch him in a movie if the only thing he did was read from the phone book for 2 hours. :paperbag: Anyway, I can't wait to hear more about this project. Thanks for the confirmation Jan and LoriV.

Oh, and I quite liked the 'stache. :sigh: Either way, I'm sure he'll look great.

And honestly, I'd go watch him in a movie if the only thing he did was read from the phone book for 2 hours. :paperbag:
Oooh! Me, too! And, I bet Phone Book sales would spike considerably. :teehee:

Thanks for the article, Jan. Yes, it's nice (albeit superfluous) to have confirmation of what we already knew to be true. :wink:

Thank you Jan for bringing this over and I never doubted the information for a minute when I read about it on here yesterday. In fact I've been a very happy Ka-bloomie ever since. :shiny:

Kim

For those in different quarters (not US, certainly!) who needed confirmation of what they considered a rumor (I'm guessing because it's posted here :whistle: ) - from today's Hollywood Reporter.
Bloom drops out of 'Education'

By Stuart Kemp

March 18, 2008

LONDON -- Orlando Bloom has pulled out of Lone Scherfig's "An Education" because of scheduling clashes just as the movie began rolling, the producers said Monday.

Bloom was replaced by Dominic Cooper ("The History Boys") in the movie penned by oft-adapted British novelist Nick Hornby.

Producers have moved quickly to replace Bloom on the film, which began shooting Monday and will be in front of the cameras until May on location in and around London, Oxford and Paris.

A shame that some *sources* aren't quite enough for everyone.

(Just trying to be subtle, y'know. :teehee: )

:hmmm:

Ah, I get it. :w00t: This means that fans can actually rely on the fact that ka-Bloom is the place where rumours are only posted when we know they will eventually be substantiated in the main stream press!

You so tricksy, Jan. :teehee: However do you manage this and still maintain your dubious facáde?

Okay so no filming in London for sure. bummer! :(

But I'm very curious to what this new movie will bring. At least he has the lead in this one! :teehee:

Once again, I'm gonna try to stay spoiler-free for this one. So I'm not renting the original movie, although I'm already aching to see it. :paperbag:

Sorry, as a relatively new Orlando's fan, I have an answer for you.who is LoriV?

Because I have read sometimes her name, and you have written that she has the confirmation that Orlando is no more in An Education from his mum.

Sorry for my silly question. :wave:

LoriV started out years ago as a liaison between what used to be the Fan Mail Team (through her acquaintance with Orlando's mother) and the fans. She was given the task of communicating announcements which had to do with official fan mail, which was then being handled completely by Mrs. Bloom and a local team. When that changed hands due to the increasing volume of letters, Lori continued to make herself available to serve as a liaison for fan sites.

LoriV's intermediary history between Orlando's 'team' and this board is well-documented, and this board is indeed privileged to have her as a member and friend. :)

LoriV started out years ago as a liaison between what used to be the Fan Mail Team (through her acquaintance with Orlando's mother) and the fans. She was given the task of communicating announcements which had to do with official fan mail, which was then being handled completely by Mrs. Bloom and a local team. When that changed hands due to the increasing volume of letters, Lori continued to make herself available to serve as a liaison for fan sites.

LoriV's intermediary history between Orlando's 'team' and this board is well-documented, and this board is indeed privileged to have her as a member and friend. :)

Thanks Geri for your explanation! :iheart:

You are very lucky to have such a kind friend and contact that make you more close to Orlando.a real privilege indeed, :)

Moving on! :yahoo:

Oh good, we have an official statement now. I hope we'll know now if he really is playing Corey. I just can't wait to hear more. I wonder when the production will begin because I might be going to HongKong very soon as part of an Asian Tour we'll be having.

I'm from the East but I really am not familiar with Johnny To's work. :hmmm:

I really hope he's made the right choice like he always does and for me to simply forget about An Education like it didn't exist at all. :teehee:

Thanks for all the info. I'll be fine in time.

:hmmm:

Ah, I get it. :w00t: This means that fans can actually rely on the fact that ka-Bloom is the place where rumours are only posted when we know they will eventually be substantiated in the main stream press!You so tricksy, Jan. :teehee: However do you manage this and still maintain your dubious facáde?

SNAP! :lol:

I thought perhaps that many relatively-newbies may not know who LoriV is. She's a gem, and not just because of her liaison work.

Thanks, Geri.

Well this is indeed good news because lately, there isn't much of anything to watch at the movies lately. Orlando would be one of the few whose films I would pretty much see no matter what.

Guess since I teach French, I'll have to see the original film. I wonder if it falls into the category of "Les Films Policier" or something to that effect. :hmmm:

Can't wait!

lafemme :lmao:

As someone said some pages ago, no matter the film I will see it . I can't wait to see his beautiful self doing Karate. Now, that would be the end of me :lookie:.

Thanks Jan and LoriV for the news.

Stardust.

Le Cercle Rouge's Wikipedia page has been updated.

Orlando Bloom is set to play the Alan Delon's character Corey in the remake to be directed by Johnnie To. The film is already in pre-production with Bloom learning different martial art techniques to be used in the film. The Red Circle is set to start filming in Hong Kong this summer.

So, it's summer then. :hmmm:

Thank you for the good news, Jan and, of course, LoriV.

Orlando has clearly been choosing his next role carefully so this one must be a good one. I'm definitely going to watch the original one of these days to have a better idea of the role, although I am sure Johnny To will add his own stamp to the remake..... as will Orlando, of course.

Thank you Ryll for the update! :iheart: Its nice to know for sure that he will be playing Alain Delon's character, Corey! :cheer2: I also wish I could be a fly on the wall to see him practicing the different martial arts techniques he will be using in the film. :lookie:

Kim

Thanks, Ryll, for the additional information. This is going to be a good one. I can just feel it.

:shiny:

Barbara

And the excitement builds! I'll have to read up on this movie and see how much more excited I can get! (hey, keeps the heart pumping and I don't have to get out of this chair! HEHEHEHEHE)

Thanks to everyone for all the GOOD NEWS!

Louise

Well this is indeed good news because lately, there isn't much of anything to watch at the movies lately. Orlando would be one of the few whose films I would pretty much see no matter what.

Guess since I teach French, I'll have to see the original film. I wonder if it falls into the category of "Les Films Policier" or something to that effect. :hmmm:

Can't wait!

lafemme :lmao:

You should hear some of the rationale I've used to get away with showing the PotC movies in my Spanish class. *Trying very hard to look innocent*

Do we know if this is going to be a wide release thing or did I just miss the answer to that?

Thanks Ryll for the update. I am so glad that Orlando will be playing Alain Delon's role because they look so much alike and I am sure the character will be great. :clap: I am really looking forward to the seeing Orlando doing some martial arts in a movie. :2thumbs: I guess you could say that martial arts is kinda like the Elvish fighting techniques.

Thanks, Ryll.

However, I very rarely trust Wikipedia, as anyone who creates an account can change an entry (ergo create mischief or put false info out there). Though this isn't necessarily inaccurate, and it's based on what we've heard already. :)

Those of us who have seen the film knew exactly what role he'd play from the get-go. Waaay too young for the old 'pro', played by Yves Montand. The fugitive he picks up/helps isn't the leading role.

And somehow, I don't really see him as the naked ex-girlfriend who's taken up with someone else while he was in prison. :lol:

It's great that he's doing a project so different from anything that he's done before.

I don't think I'll watch the original version though - I made that mistake with Sweeney Todd. I was looking forward to seeing the one with Johnny Depp when I stumbled across a copy of a BBC production of the story done in a more realistic and dramatic way. I so enjoyed the BBC version that it absolutely distroyed my taste for seeing a highly stylised musical version.

Better to wait for the version I'm actually looking forward to.