Jan

The Red Circle

As reported, via LoriV, we have had confirmation that he is doing this film.

If you haven't seen the original, Le Cercle Rouge, do what you can to rent it (it is available from Netflix), and it is available for sale, released as part of the Criterion Collection.

Hard to say how Hong Kong-style it will be, but if he's training, it will be a physical role. Yay!

Carry on. :)

Well, I guess we will see what Hong Kong does to the story, right? Can't wait! Thanks for the soild news, Jan!

Louise

Yes, thank you for giving us the information! I guess we'll just have to see how it all turns out. But, yay, he'll be on the big screen again! :cheer2:

It's good to have something definitive. Thanks, Jan and LoriV. I said it before . I'll say it again . it will be grand to see him on screen at long last. :cheer2:

Barbara

Thank you so much Jan and LoriV for letting us know! Now that I know it is official I am so psyched and I can't wait to see him in this! :cheer2::yahoo: If its going to be anything like the original I think it will be a great role for Orlando. :2thumbs:

I also would like to wish Orlando all the best as he takes on his latest acting challenge and I will be supporting him every step of the way! :hug::iheart:

Kim

I'm very jazzed about this. I think it'll be a great role for him.

Thanks for the news Jan and LoriV.

:towel:

Aliza

Excellent news! I'll join the party. :pulp::cheer2: I'll do my best to get hold of the original.

Thanks, Jan and Lori. :yahoo:

Thank you Jan and LoriV. I'll have to go and rent out The Red Circle now for sure!

I do believe I'll have to make a trip to the rental place this afternoon.

Yay, new movie!! :yess:

Thanks for the confirmation, LoriV, and for relaying it to us, Jan.

Jan and LoriV, I'm happy to receive official news of Orlando's new movie. I'm looking forward to more information as it becomes available.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm happy to hear that Orlando is filming again. I was sure he had a big surprise for us!

Thanks for the solid update, Jan and LoriV!

Well, wouldn't it be lovely if the flick hit US theaters around, ah, September 25? Perhaps an American premiere in Boston? Yeah, right. :neener:

My heart tells me Orlando would never sign up for a silly chop-socky Kung-Fu hooey, so the original elements of the French classic must still be intact. So far. I keep telling myself that over and over. Indeed. Hearing about the action slant makes me think of the first Neo commercial! Orlando as a Jason Bourne type? Bring it on!

Let's face facts, we'll go see the film no matter what, correct?

Spanky

I'm relatively new here, my first post, and read about this exciting news on Click Orlando last week. I wish him every success.

Guest Sparks369

Thank you to Jan and LoriV for the confirmation of Orlando's film status. I am really looking forward to The Red Circle because it sounds like a very interesting and challenging role.

Hopefully more news will be coming soon!

:cheer2:

Let's face facts, we'll go see the film no matter what, correct?

:yess:

Thanks Jan and LoriV for the confirmation. I hope this Johnny Too (I have never seen anything from him :hmmm: ) is not including too much Kung Fu (does it rhyme?). Does anyone know where they will be shooting the movie? In Hong Kong or maybe in an European or American town? Just asking :blink:

Raven

My heart tells me Orlando would never sign up for a silly chop-socky Kung-Fu hooey, so the original elements of the French classic must still be intact.

Spanky

Keeping my fingers crossed too, Spanky.

Thank you Jan and LoriV for confirming Orlando's movie plans. I am a big fan of heist/caper movies so it would be lovely to see Orlando do this. Do we know yet what part he will play - I wouldn't be surprised if he played the Alain Delon part. Guess, I am going to have to be patient and wait like everyone else.

:hug:

Charlie

P.S. I remember years ago Alain Delon was considered the "hottie" of his day and was compared to James Dean. Worth checking him out on "Google".

I think what we'll see is a highly kicked up version of the original, with changes indicated by the different decade, modern environs and technology, with lots of action and M.I. type stuff. Perhaps they'll suspend him from a wire while wearing tight black clothing and we'll get to see beads of sweat and trembling muscles and LOTS of close ups. That's to say nothing of his intensity on screen when he's not sweating or exerting himself in any way. I have two words– YES, PLEASE.

I think what we'll see is a highly kicked up version of the original, with changes indicated by the different decade, modern environs and technology, with lots of action and M.I. type stuff. Perhaps they'll suspend him from a wire while wearing tight black clothing and we'll get to see beads of sweat and trembling muscles and LOTS of close ups. That's to say nothing of his intensity on screen when he's not sweating or exerting himself in any way. I have two words– YES, PLEASE.

Well when you put it that way. Bring on the movie!!! :w00t:

Yes, bring on the movie but PLEASE don't let him wear a moustache like Alain Delon in the original Cercle Rouge:

CercleRouge.jpg:nope:

Raven

Thank you LoriV and Jan. Now that it's confirmed, we settle down (:lmao2: ) to wait for details. :thumbs: I'm of the same mind as those who believe that while there will be action, there will also be substance. I just can't see him going for the mindless kung-fu type movie.

I was wondering what the end result of this "mystery" would be. You're right, Sandy, if he does it, we'll go see it, no matter what "it" may be. :cheer2:

Thank you, Jan, for checking on this, and LoriV, for providing confirmation. I'm looking forward to seeing Orlando on the big screen again. I just checked Blockbuster and although the original can be purchased from their web site, it cannot be rented at any of the local branches in my area. I will check my local library and some other rental chains for "Le Cercle Rouge" (The Red Circle). Surely someone has this movie from 1970? :beatsme:

- Pam -

Yes, bring on the movie but PLEASE don't let him wear a moustache like Alain Delon in the original Cercle Rouge:

CercleRouge.jpg:nope:

Raven

I agree.. "Say no to the stache!!!" :lol:

But I have to say, I'm with you all that this movie probably has more substance than your normal 'Kung-Fu' movie. At least I hope. :blink:

Regardless, I'll still go see it :shiny:

Hearing about the action slant makes me think of the first Neo commercial!

My thought exactly! :hott:

Do you think he'll wear glasses as a disguise?

Aliza

Thanks for the confirmation, Jan and LoriV. It will be great to see him back on the big screen again and I like Geri's vision of a M.I. type scenario. Action plus substance works for me.

Susan