Tricia

"An Education" Location Work

Small piece in today's (Wed.12th) Daily Express (UK tabloid). Just a synopsis as I don't have the paper to quote. The Cafe de Paris has been completely dismantled and rebuilt for the big budget Brit movie 'An Education'. The process has been captured on film by ORLANDO BLOOM(A CLUB REGULAR).

Am thinking dvd extra's. :cheer2:

Tricia, thanks for the heads up. I looked at the online edition and here's what they said. :find:

CAFE DISMANTLED TO RECAPTURE SWINGING SIXTIES

Wednesday March 12,2008

THE historic Café de Paris is to be completely dismantled and rebuilt for a big-budget British movie, An Education – and the whole process will be captured on film by actor Orlando Bloom.

Club regular Orlando stars in the flick, the story of a 17-year-old suburbanite caught up in the glamorous world of Sixties London, which also features Rosamund Pike, Emma Thompson and Olivia Williams.

“It will cost a five-figure sum to take down all the venue décor and furnishings and turn the Café into the swinging Sixties,” reports our girl at the bar.

“The Café was also transformed for the Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller film, The Edge Of Love, but this will be far more dramatic – Orlando will be recording the whole transformation on his own camcorder.

“The film’s producers have quite a task on their hands – the Café’s owners want it all back to normal for their usual footballers and young pop stars by the weekend so everything will have to be put back in a frenzy.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/37780/...winging-Sixties

Oooh, what fun! That would be awesome if they used the footage for a DVD extra. But, in reality, if they were going to film something like that for the extras, wouldn't they most likely have a professional crew for it? Or better, maybe they'll have a professional crew filming Orlando filming the renovation. :shiny: That could be very cool.

Thanks Tricia and Patty! :high5:

Orlando Bloom, filmmaker. Love it! Thanks, Tricia and Patty.

This news gives me goosebumps. Thanks Tricia and Patty, I'm all excited now.

:throb:

Aliza

Oh, I hope we get to see at least a bit of what he films. It would be neat to see things from his perspective for a change. :hmmm: Thanks for sharing Tricia and Patty. :hug:

Thanks Tricia and Patty for bringing this to us! :hug:

That sounds really neat! I also am hoping we get to see some (if not all) of the film he makes!

Vertigo

Thanks Patty and Tricia for the info. It's great to hear the filming has started and Orlando is doing a little filming of his own.

Debbi

Yay, another bit of news about 'An Education'! :cheer2: Thanks, Tricia and Patty!

Thank you Tricia and Patty for bringing this over! :iheart: This is exciting news! :cheer2: It also sounds like quite an undertaking, transforming the Cafe' into a sixties club and then having to put it back together again in time for the weekend! I also hope we get the chance to see Orlando's footage, I think its great he is taking part in the production part of it like this. :heart:

Kim

Thanks, Tricia and Patty. I'm with Serenity here. I'd love to see someone filming Orlando filming the renovations. Another delightful "An Education" tidbit. Ladies, you are the best.

Barbara

Oh, I hope we get to see at least a bit of what he films. It would be neat to see things from his perspective for a change. :hmmm:

:lmao2: Totally agree!

Thanks for sharing Tricia and Patty.

:hug:

brigitte

Great news, ladies!

Who´s a technophobe, eh? I hope we´ll get to see Orlando´s film.

~ Inga ~

Not to contradict, but I want to see ALL of what he films! :cheer2: If he does it, I want to see it. It's just that simple. I'm a fan. :teehee:

Thank you so much, Tricia and Patty for all of this exciting news! :yahoo:

- Pam -

Great news; it's nice to hear that things are moving along. It will be fun to see what Orlando comes up with.

Thanks for the update!

Fantastic news!

Look who's a technophobe and very excited. :teehee:

I love the thought of his filming being part of the DVD extras. That would be so cool if that's the case! :2thumbs:

I could just imagine how fun it is for him to be back on set and shooting at home. :sigh:

Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks Tricia and Patty.

Wonderful! I'm seconding the desire to see the building of a set through Orlando's eyes.

Tricia, thanks for the heads up. I looked at the online edition and here's what they said. :find:

CAFE DISMANTLED TO RECAPTURE SWINGING SIXTIES

Wednesday March 12,2008

THE historic Café de Paris is to be completely dismantled and rebuilt for a big-budget British movie, An Education – and the whole process will be captured on film by actor Orlando Bloom.

As the cafe is historic (and therfore around in the '60's), I wonder if they're going to use old pictures to restore it to it's former glory. That would be very cool :pulp:

Ooo, fun stuff! Can't wait to see it, maybe with narration by the lovely camera operator?

Thanks Tricia and Patty for the news.

Thank you for catching this, Tricia and Patty. I am happy he is back home and getting down to what he does best - being a part of a new film and having fun with it. Can't wait to see and hear more about it all.

:hug:

Charlie

Wonderful news. Great to hear that things are moving along. Chiming in with everyone else, I hope we'll get to some or all of Orlando's perspective behind the camcorder. Thanks Tricia and Patty.

Susan

This sounds so wonderful for Orlando. He is apparently enjoying himeself.filming the dismantling and rebuilding is a major undertaking.and doing it while he is acting as well. I'm with Adrienne, I hope we not only get to see it, but hear Orlando narrate as well. definitely exciting news! Thanks for sharing.

Very interesting news. Perhaps this means that Orlando will be more active behind the camera in future? As the artist he is, interested in photography etc., the step is not too far to directing, is it?

Raven

I'll confess. I'll be more likely to watch it if I knew he had filmed it.

Here's hoping for some commentary on the side - who cares what he actually says.