Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

Sonoma Valley Film Festival

Love & Other Disasters will be receiveing its US premiere on the big screen at the Sonoma Valley Film Festival.

IN PERSON: Director Alek Keshishian, and star Matthew Rhys ("Brothers & Sisters")

Starring: Brittany Murphy, Matthew Rhys, Orlando Bloom, Gwyneth Paltrow

If life were a movie, here's what would happen …

Produced by David Fincher and Luc Besson, and from the cult legend director of MADONNA: TRUTH OR DARE, a sexy stylish comedy set in the world of BRITISH VOGUE. Emily "Jacks" Jackson (Brittany Murphy) is an American ex-pat working as an assistant editor at the glamorous British fashion magazine. She delights in match-making and guiding her friends through ultimately disastrous relationships. Her gay flat-mate Peter (Matthew Rhys) is a particular focus of her repeated attempts to help him find true love. A hilarious romp with mile-a-minute snappy charm, featuring a witty group of friends and their glittering London life.

United Kingdom 2006 | 90 minutes | Director: Alek Keshishian

Wed. 4/9 6:00pm Sebastiani Theatre (Premiere Sneak Preview Screening)

Wed. 4/9 9:00pm Sebastiani Theatre (Encore Sneak Preview Screening)

Fri. 4/11 6:30pm Sebastiani Theatre

Sat. 4/12 3:30pm Sebastiani Theatre

Special ticket pricing ends March 15th so if you could possibly be in the neighborhood, secure your tickets/passes now for one or all four showings!

That's great news, Jill. I don't think I'll be able to make it to the film festival, but thanks for the tip! I hope the film will eventually have a wide release after the festival.

Um, finally! :shiny:

Why does it have to be so far north? :quiver:

Maybe it's time to go crash Chitosmommy and Aliza's houses for the week. :teehee:

That said, this is very exciting. I am amazed it has taken this long to make it's way across the pond. Fingers are officially crossed that this will make it into theatres here. HS, thanks a bunch for the info.

Thanks for the news, Jill. I hope some of our California ka-Bloomies will be able to go see it.

I hope the film will eventually have a wide release after the festival.

My sentiments exactly. And will eventually make its way in the East. :hellyeah:

We needs to see it! :teehee:

Thanks HS. Have a great time to all who'll be able to go see it.

I had the priviledge of catching this film last year, and I must say.as fun as Orlando's cameo is (all 30 seconds of his screen time), Samantha is just a doll in the scenes she has in her supporting role! I'm looking forward to seeing it again! And I'd love to see both Blooms do a film together someday. :high5:

It would take me under an hour to get up there, so it's doable, but isn't Orlando's part just a walk on? Somebody convince me I need to go to Sonoma to see this. :hmmm:

Aliza

It would take me under an hour to get up there, so it's doable, but isn't Orlando's part just a walk on? Somebody convince me I need to go to Sonoma to see this. :hmmm:

Aliza

Big screen. Bigger than life Orlando. That's enough for me. :hott: It's also an opportunity to meet up with other ka-Bloomies and give us all an eyewitness report. And a first-time director some support.

Orlando's appearances are rather brief. This is a Brittany Murphy vehicle. Orlando and Gwyneth are actors (Hollywood Paolo and Hollywood Jacks) in a film playing the two lead characters (Jacks and Paolo/Brittany Murphy and Santiago Cabrera) in their story. I saw it on a 4" airplane screen; if I were within 3 hours of the screening, I'd go and see it again on a larger silver screen. I've forgotten most of it. Long haul flights do that to you. :blink: 10 months later, I can't even recall Sam's role although I remember thinking at the time that she had considerably more screentime than her blink-and-you-miss-it appearance in the recent P&P.

That is great news HS. :cheer2: I watched the movie online a couple of weeks ago and Samantha did an excellent job. I think I am going to watch it again as soon as I can get my laptop back.

SIGH. Alas, maybe some day I'll be able to see this. Or maybe just a clip. I'll have to search the internet tonight.

Thanks for the info.

Aliza

Big screen. Bigger than life Orlando. That's enough for me. :hott: It's also an opportunity to meet up with other ka-Bloomies and give us all an eyewitness report. And a first-time director some support.

Maybe I'll swing over to the members only area and post a query.

Aliza

If all else fails not being able to see the entire film.

I'm still lucky enough to have already seen and kept Orlando's brief yet swoon-worthy part in it, at least. And I could live with that. :wink2:

This is cool news HeySailor. I'm also rooting for the movie to have a wider US release. :cheer:

Unfortunately this one is not going to work out for me :(, but I sure hope it does for others. Keeping fingers crossed. :) You know I was actually in Napa and on vacation a month ago on the 15. if only it would have been then.. :bash:.

Thanks for the information, HS. I see a road trip is being organized. I hope it works out. I'm already looking forward to piccies of the gathering and reports about the film.

Barbara

I'm happy for you, sisters.

The movie is so sweet. We really enjoyed seeing it. :iheart:

:grouphug:

brigitte

Unfortunately there's no way I can make the trip from the good old Midwest, but I hope all you Ka-Bloomies lucky enough to go have a great time :high5: .

Sign in to follow this