ka-Bloom.org Forum

Melting Ice / A Hot Topic: Envisioning Change

Serenity

Via glorious Google alerts:

For UN World Environment Day 2007, the Natural World Museum in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme produced an exhibition that addresses the theme of Climate Change from a global perspective - the melting and thawing of ice, snow and permafrost are environment-altering changes taking place around the world- from the Andes to the Himalayas to the melting ice caps of the Poles. "Change" the transition that occurs from same to different, the moment of transformation, a change of position or action. Change used in reference to our environment can describe the transformation of material substance -- from ice to water, liquid to gas - the changing conditions of our rivers, our rapidly melting glaciers,, and the overall changes in the earth's climate. Change requires organisms and organizations alike to adapt to new environmental conditions. Metaphorically, change can also refer to the transformation of society's mindset to act in a positive way individually and collectively to work toward a more sustainable future.

Participating Artists: [among many others]... Sebastian Copeland.

According to this Press Release, the exhibit will be at the Office of Cultural Affairs in Monaco from 20 February through 16 March 2008. And per the website listed below, the exhibit will move on to the Field Museum in Chicago, USA from April - September 2008.

More information and a gallery of some of the exhibits is available here, at the Natural Museum World website.

:heart: Serenity

Goldi, :blush:

Barbara, that would be awesome if you could attend. (I :heart: Chicago and had no idea you were so close to one of my favourite cities!) There's no word of whether the artists themselves will be in attendance, but one can hope.

The Chicago Field Museum's website doesn't have anything on the exhibit yet, but here's the link to the "Travelling Exhibits" page on their website for future reference.

I did a bit of a search for a website for the Office of Cultural Affairs in Monaco for any of our European ka-Bloomies that might be interested in making a trip to Monaco. The best I could come up with is their governemnt's website. Here.

If it came anywhere near me, I'd drop everything I was doing do my best to make it, so I hope that any of who are able to go will have a fabulous time. :wink2:

I did a bit of a search for a website for the Office of Cultural Affairs in Monaco for any of our European ka-Bloomies that might be interested in making a trip to Monaco. The best I could come up with is their governemtn's website. Here.

I'll be in Nice this summer but . too late. :cry:

Thank you, Serenity, Sebastian's number one fan! :hug:

:throb: brigitte

Thank you, Serenity for this announcement.

:cheer2:

The FIELD MUSEUM? I'm just a short train ride away.

Barbara, let me know when you'll be there and we can meet!

Serenity, I wish you could get here too!

I do hope Sebastian will be there so I can get my book signed.

Beth

Beth, I can take a train to Chicago for the day, and return on the 6:00 p.m. to Quincy. Surely something can be worked out. There are several months to play around with. I have a book to be signed as well. It would be so fine if Sebastian were to be there. Thanks for the link, Serenity, to the museum's Traveling Exhibits web page. I'll keep a sharp eye out.

Barbara