ka-Bloom.org Forum

Orlando visits children in Nepal on UNICEF tour

rebecca

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God bless him. :myuah: That's the cutest, sweetest thing ever. Aside from the fact that he's doing something good for someone else again, I love the fact that he looks like the younger, more free and uninhibited Orlando in these pictures - like a little kid again from the LotR days. :sigh:

I couldn't agree more, Leslie. I have an overwhelming warmth come over me when I see him like this. He seems so in his element, so happy, so gracious. He must be having an extrodianary experience. Not to mention he is cute as a button.

Thanks, Jane, Jan, all that are bringing these precious photos. Its his birthday week, but it is we that are getting the presents. My we are sure lucky.

Jan, thank you for these truly unique hi-res pictures of Orlando. It's lovely to see him relaxed, having fun and just being himself with the children. I think he makes a marvelous International Ambassador for UNICEF. I am happy UNICEF chose Orlando - he is such a very fun-loving, kind, and caring man who has all the qualities to undertake such a huge responsibility.

These pictures really tug at the heartstrings!

:hug:

Charlie

Edited to add: Thank you so much, mames71, for the link to the video. I was able to download it to my Realplayer. Very cute to see Orlando dancing with the children.

I just wanted to pop back and say that I showed this to my husband and daughter. I was explaining about the trip and the villages that Orlando visited. I was scrolling through the pictures and stopped at the one with the baby and the other with Orlando walking with the little boy hand and hand. I turned to my husband with a "what do you think about that" look and he simply said "that's pretty cool". Yea, I think so too!

Sara

Thanks, Jan. It is such a treat to see exhibited in a few simple photos all the things that make Orlando a truly beautiful person. His gift is his heart in everything he does. This is why I'm always proud to be his fan, and to visit here. Everyone here loves and respects the person he is not just because he's a gorgeous actor, but because he is a GOOD person who cares about making a difference in the world. My new year is now off to bright, positive start. Thank you Jan and Orlando. The world is a lovely place for your efforts every day.

So that explains it. :lmao2: I was over earlier trying to watch it and it refused to open. As I watched it tonight, I could see how much at ease he was with everyone. Yes he's matured, but the sense of the young man we met in LOTR is still there. He's not playing to a crowd, and you would have to be a fool not to see how truly his heart is in this. :sigh:

Awww, wow. :sigh: Thanks so much for all the info and of course the stunning pictures girls. :hug: It's great to see him so happy and joyous. :wub: Those little kids must have been sad to see their new playmate and foster father go. Bless them. He never ceases to give does he, and his thirst for knowledge about others and other cultures is great. I'm like that.

I have a little bit of news. You know the photo of Orlando walking up the hill holding the hand of the small child? Yes, this one:

UNICEF-Nepal120107_78879469hi.jpg

Well, according to hello magazine the child is "a seven-year-old girl named Kusum, whose family are members of Nepal's dalit or untouchable caste."

I'm not sure what that means other than possibly shunned by society, but I thought it made the photo more special that Orlando was willing to be there and not be concerned about this. Since some of you are using this photo in your siggies, I thought you might want to know.

- Pam -