ka-Bloom.org Forum

Orlando visits children in Nepal on UNICEF tour

rebecca

He's so totally relaxed, joyful and playful with the children. His beauty shines out of him and the children are totally uninhibited with him. What a man! Simply wonderful photos.

Thank you so much Jan, Rebecca and Geri, for bringing these delightful pics. to us. :flowers:

Christina

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yowzer, I walk out of work happy over the article and little pics, and before I retire to slumberland well hello, there are the large pics.

So this is what living in a five star hotel feels like, eh? Service, service, service.

Honestly, Orlando's expression in the final pic thaws cold dark parts of my heart. I am not especially fond of kids but seeing him interacting with them is like well, ouch and glow. Orlando is such a kid at heart and I hope he never loses that all-important aspect of his special personality.

Yeah, I am goofy. : :yahoo:

Hugs for nabbing the lovely caring pics! :iheart:

Spanky

What a great surprise to start the day with!

Thanks very very much, Jane and Jan, for bringing these pics and the article to us.

I am sitting here at my office desk with a stupid grin on my face, a colleague just looked at me strangely.

About 13 years ago I was very lucky to be able to visit Nepal, before local politics made travel rather difficult. I went trekking in an area a bit further north of the area Orlando visited (breathtakingly beautiful landscape and very friendly people!). All alone, sometimes accompanied by a local guide I walked through villages just as poor as the ones shown in the pictures. There were little children everywhere, almost all of them with bad colds, in poor hygiene. And none of them went to school. I spoke to a number of aid workers and social experts. They told me, e.g., that many of the little children became blind, because they never learned how to blow your nose properly. The mucus gradually filled up the cavities in their head and started to press on the eye, and in the end some got infections and became blind. I still remember that, because it could have been prevented by a few simple means.during the rest of the trip I began helping little kids around me clean their faces and noses and to hand out tissues. Stupid really, but if you are ever in a situation like this, you will understand the feeling.

And I got involved with Unicef in Bangladesh. I am so happy to read about the success they had in Nepal! :high5:

To watch Orlando Bloom interact with the children is impressive, heartwarming, .and nice to look at, too.

They should make him one of the Unicef embassadors for children, or did they already? I am convinced, that he would take that responsibility very seriously and could do a lot of good!

It's interesting to hear your experiences, Dati, and certainly it looks as though things have improved in Nepal even during the 13 years since your visit. Good on Orlando for doing this and putting UNICEF's work right back on the map.

Thanks rebecca and Jan for the article and stunning photos. I am especially fond of the picture of Orlando walking along with the little boy in the hat. There's something very touching about it. :iheart:

Thank you for the article and wonderful pictures. I especially loved the one of him with the bubbles and balloons, the one of him walking with that small child and the one of him playing outside with the children.

I also loved this quote:

“I may be disabled, and might need assistance from others for everything I do,” 10th-grader Sujan Dhakal told him. “Yet the world I see for myself is one where I can be of assistance to others and work for the betterment of my society and my country."

Wow. I had to read it more than once.

Again, thank you to those responsible for bringing the article and pictures here.

Thank you so much, rebecca, Jan and Geri for bringing this over. I'm sitting here, trying very hard not to cry over the beauty of this man's soul. :quiver:

My sisters have already said it more aptly than I ever could:

The best thing about all of this is that those children have no idea that he's a 'star'. They're just responding to his warmth, kindness and charity.

One thing I love so much about Orlando is that he's adult enough to know the importance of responsibility, but kid enough to know how to have fun.

:iheart:

~Elisabeth~

Priceless. :heart:

The look on the children's faces while playing with him is just plain awesome! Kudos to the one who shot these exquisite photos as the moments were captured perfectly. :photo:

This is like an ode to his upcoming birthday. I'll have thoughts of these treasures on that special day. :wub:

Orlando truly is such a big kid! :sigh:An angel in disguise with a heart of gold. Indeed!

Wish we got our hands on this early so that it should've been added to our Year in Pictures but nevertheless these will be treasured by each and every ka-Bloomie out there. :hug:

What is there left to say? :quiver:

You have all put it so eloquently. I can't get my words round this. I love the genuine smiles showing he isn't just there to do good, he is enjoying it all. But yes, the eyelashes in picture three. :wub:

Thank you all for bringing these over, and thank you Orlando for being so adorable in all ways.

T.

To know him is to love him. :throb:

My daugther called him "my angel guard" when she was 8/9 years old. He really is an angel! :w00t:

As all is said. let me quote some of you. :blush:

Geri: Is it any wonder why he's so loved? You just can't help it.

Kit-Kat: This really touches my heart, I've been one who has always been interested in UNICEF and I love hearing about all the great things people do with it too. To see Orlando taking a part in this organization really warms my heart and makes me love him even more.

serendipity: My prayer for him has always been stay true to himself and don't let the "suits" change who he is. I don't think there's any fear of that after reading these articles. Go Orlando! You never disappoint us.

Kim: I also noticed at the top of the article it says International Ambassador for UNICEF! They couldn't have gotten a better one!

cinemapersians: This is beyond precious! . I'm glad to see him so happy and relaxed in these photos and he is so generous with his time and efforts. What a wonderful, giving man. He's simply The Best.

Donna: That is so wonderful. How good of him to go there and be a part of UNICEF! These are among the best pictures of Orlando, in my opinion. Unposed, natural, and showing his great heart. How cute to see him goofing around too!

chitosmommy: This mans beauty shines from the inside out.

Adrienne: The best thing about all of this is that those children have no idea that he's a 'star'. They're just responding to his warmth, kindness and charity.

Geri: Aptly put, Adrianne. And its his knowing that they haven't a clue, and still showing them the spirit we've come to know him by, that makes him a real star. I'm so proud of his involvement with UNICEF. He's absolutely perfect. For the job, that is.

:grouphug:

Thank you Rebecca, Geri, Jan and . Orlando!!! What a beautiful day!

:heart: brigitte

Oh, that's so sweet! Just precious.. :blow:

Did anyone else notice that Orlando never seems to look any older? Just look at that face, isn't that amazing? You wouldn't tell he's turning 31, right?

Thanks Jan, these pictures are amazing. I think I have a new favourite.

UNICEF-Nepal120107_78879561hi.jpg

:myuah:

I was able to grab the photos in hi-res. Enjoy.

Orlando obviously did have fun there and so do I seeing these pictures and reading the article.

Wow! Thank you so so much, Jan! I'm a bit late with finding these - but you always surprise. HI-RES!!!

He indeed doesn't look any older and we see the smile we missed for so long.

Have a nice start into the weekend, everyone!

Anna

The best thing about all of this is that those children have no idea that he's a 'star'. They're just responding to his warmth, kindness and charity.

One thing I love so much about Orlando is that he's adult enough to know the importance of responsibility, but kid enough to know how to have fun.

Perfectly said.

The pictures are wonderful and my two favorites are where he's kissing the baby and walking and holding the hand of the child. Absolutely adorable.

Thanks, Jan.

Awww! He has a :heart: as big as the universe! What a sweetie! Completely unassuming and totally involved with the kids because of who they are, not because of who he is. Other stars go to visit 3rd world countries and it's all glitz and how good they are but not Orlando. A kid at heart playing with other kids! Absolutely wonderful!

Thanks to Jan,Geri and the other enablers who brought these pictures and story over. Love it!

Louise

The joy on his face, the devilment in his eyes in the "chasing with the bubble gun" pic, his beauty.it shines from the man in spades and is reflected in the faces of the children and people around him.

I have no other words than that, as you have all captured what I thnk already. I just have a feeling. A very warm, glowing feeling.

Just when I was beginning to think I couldn't love and admire this young actor any more than I already do... :sigh:

All I can add is thank you, Orlando, for being who you are, sweetheart.

And thank you, Jan. :cheer2:

Thank you Jan!

I was gearing up to be in a really bad mood about work stuff and here this is.my issues are really meaningless.

What a delightful man.he is just and overgrown kid! And what a heart, every day I learn to be a better person just by watching him!

I'm getting emotional too.. :blow:

Love to all and HAPPY Friday!

Glenna