ka-Bloom.org Forum

Rumour: Le Cercle Rouge (The Red Circle)

I love the idea of Orlando making a movie for To in Hong Cong. :wub:

In my opinion, Orlando doesn't need Hollywood -- he has established a world-wide fandom and it would be great to see him making movies in China, Japan, India, Asia and Europe.

The irony of your statement is that this would be To's 'breakout' movie - NOT made entirely in Hong Kong - and in English! From what I've read around the internet (articles/sites on To), a lot of it would likely be filmed in Canada. Although I can imagine how much Dim Sum Orlando would end up feasting on!

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I actually re-joined Netflix so that I could see Le Cercle Rouge. (As well as La Vie en Rose - I'll be watching a lot of subtitles!)

Good news abot the possibility of filming in Canada! If that happens, we'll be sure to have some CEOKs or even some Ka-Bloomies starring as extras in the movie! I really hope Johnnie To will want Orlando for his movie (and Orlando will agree)

I came across Le Cercle Rouge's Wikipedia page and was ecstatic that they have this info already.

Remake

John Woo has stated that he wants to direct a remake of Le Cercle rouge and call it The Red Circle.[2] Woo wrote an essay for the Criterion DVD of Le Cercle rouge arguing the film's merits.

Orlando Bloom is in talks to star in the remake set to film in Hong Kong.

Let's all hope we'll get the confirmation real soon. :iheart:

I came across Le Cercle Rouge's Wikipedia page and was ecstatic that they have this info already.

Remake

John Woo has stated that he wants to direct a remake of Le Cercle rouge and call it The Red Circle.[2] Woo wrote an essay for the Criterion DVD of Le Cercle rouge arguing the film's merits.

Orlando Bloom is in talks to star in the remake set to film in Hong Kong.

Let's all hope we'll get the confirmation real soon. :iheart:

They got John Woo mixed up with John To, though it is possible he has stated he has ambitions to direct a remake. Two completely different directors. Mr. Woo is the director who presented the newly restored US DVD of the French movie in the nineties, if I can remember right. He stated the original movie as a classic, restoring 40 mins that was cut from the original release for the theatre.

I have been reading way too much on this movie. :teehee:

I'm probably reading too much into this, but I've been wondering if Mr. Oran DeVroom and his hair care commercial could be some kind of prequel to this movie. You know, much in the same way the gap commercial led to Elizabethtown. :hmmm:

I'm probably reading too much into this, but I've been wondering if Mr. Oran DeVroom and his hair care commercial could be some kind of prequel to this movie. You know, much in the same way the gap commercial led to Elizabethtown. :hmmm:

Do you mean if the hair gel commercial was directed by Mr. To? I have no idea if he did. Does anyone know? :hmmm:

Well, Hong Kong is China and Japan is...uh, Japan. To us, it's 'the Far East', but they really are completely different. Especially as Hong Kong is Anglicized to some degree, having been a British territory until, what was it, the late 90s?

So I kind of doubt it - but I'm no expert. Or social secretary. :lol: