ka-Bloom.org Forum

WOS Theatregoers’ Choice Awards 2008

Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Awards

The nominations phase of this year's Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Awards opens on the website on Monday 5 November. All professional productions, from Fringe to the West End, opened in London between 1 December 2006 and 30 November 2007 are eligible for nomination. Productions opened during December 2007 will be considered as part of next year's awards. Shortlists will be announced at the Café de Paris event on 7 December, with final voting continuing on the website throughout December and January and the eventual winners announced in February 2008.

In a season that's seen big musicals - including Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Hairspray, Grease, The Lord of the Rings, Desperately Seeking Susan, Rent and Fiddler on the Roof - as well as classic plays, a surfeit of Shakespeare and acclaimed performances from Daniel Radcliffe, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Orlando Bloom, Diana Rigg, Michael Ball, Jessica Lange, Patrick Stewart, Stockard Channing, Charles Dance, Billie Piper, Richard Schiff, Anne-Marie Duff, John Simm, Kristin Scott Thomas, Paterson Joseph, Christian Slater, Rosamund Pike and many others, this year's Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Awards sure to be a hotly contested competition.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Sunstar for the link I just voted for Orlando and the rest of the cast of In Celebration and I had no problems. :2thumbs:

Good Luck to the cast and crew of In Celebration! :cheer:

Kim

• 1 month later...

Orlando got nominated! Ball, Bloom, Osbourne, Radcliffe, Stewart, et al. Nominated for Whatsonstage.com Awards

He is nominated for: The DEWYNTERS London Newcomer of the Year

He is up against:

Arthur Darvill - Terre Haute at Trafalgar Studios & Swimming with Sharks at the Vaudeville

Billie Piper - Treats at the Garrick

Colin Morgan - Vernon God Little at the Young Vic & All About My Mother at the Old Vic

Daniel Radcliffe - Equus at the Gielgud

Leanne Jones - Hairspray at the Shaftesbury

The play itself is up for:

Best Play Revival

Boeing-Boeing - at the Comedy

Equus - at the Gielgud

Saint Joan - at the NT Olivier

The Country Wife - at the Theatre Royal Haymarket

The Dumb Waiter - at Trafalgar Studios

In Celebration - at the Duke of York's

Go Orlando! :2thumbs:

Jules

That is awesome news! :2thumbs: Congratulations to Orlando and In Celebration on their nominations! :yahoo: I will be hoping, praying and keeping my fingers crossed that Orlando wins!

Thank you Jules for letting us know! :snoopy:

:cheer: GO ORLANDO! :cheer:

Kim

Yay!! Go Orlando! So happy to see both the play and Orlando getting recognition! Sending prayer/vibes for winning to the UK!

Thanks for bringing this info over here. I'll be checking so i hope it's updated as things happen.

Louise :santalight: