CaliMom

Comfort Meets Cause: Signed Celebrity Brush Auction

Thanks to Buttercup for the heads-up on this one. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Orlando has signed a Limited Edition Pink Ouchless Brush by Goody to be auctioned off on eBay to benefit Living Beyond Breast Cancer. In an effort to raise more funds through the "Comfort Meets Cause" campaign, Goody is holding a celebrity brush auction. Over 50 signed Limited Edition Pink Ouchless brushes are being auctioned online on eBay through November 3rd. One hundred percent of the proceeds from the brush auction will be donated to Living Beyond Breast Cancer.

Orlando's brush will go up for auction on October 21st. For more information, including a list of the other celebrities who have signed brushes, go here. There is no picture of Orlando's brush yet, but there should be one when the auction for his brush begins.

Thanks to both Buttercup and Faye. I see Johnny Depp has a brush as well, to be auctioned off October 7. Great idea. I hope all kinds of money is raised for Living Beyond Breast Cancer.

Barbara

Thank you CaliMom and Buttercup for letting us know. What a great thing to do for a great cause. If I had the money I would try for that brush but I know it will go up there. :)

My cheeks hurt from smiling while reading this!

I lost my aunt to breast cancer a few years ago, and it's always comforting to see people who have the resources and abilities to give or raise large amounts of money for this cause. As most of my funds are tied up in other charities and day-to day living, I am hopeful that Orlando has a lot of fangirls with really rich parents that will blow the roof off this auction. (Or should I make my friends pool their money together and try to get it for me as a birthday present. Now there's an idea!)

Buttercup and Calimom, thanks for the heads up.

:heart: Serenity

This is good to see. Breast cancer is one of those diseases that haunts me and many other women. I've never suffered from it, but it is constantly on my mind that one day it could make me very ill, take away part of my womanhood or even end my life.

I think you can never get enough awareness for these illnesses.

Thank you Buttercup for the information.

Thank you Orlando for being so sensitive to people's problems.

:heart:

Thanks for sharing this, ladies.

Of course, it doesn't surprise me to have our man involved in something like this.

My momma is a two time survivor of breast cancer. Her birthday is October 19 and it she'll celebrate 37 years. She'll get a chuckle when I tell her the boy Bloom has signed a brush for the cause.

Think Pink!

Lisa Q

I've lost two maternal Aunts to breast cancer and I have a third who is a survivor. My mother, thank God, has not been touched. Thanks to Orlando for his generous nature and willingness to support worthy causes.

Thanks to Buttercup and Faye for bringing it to our attention.

Aww, yet another Charity our man is getting involved in! It's not surprising is it? :myuah: It's good to see so many celebs getting involved, including Johnny! This is brilliant! :yahoo:

The brushes are cool, if I had the money, but it's not likely it will be in my price range! Looking forward to a picture.

Thank you Buttercup and Faye for letting us know about this. I have an Aunt that is a Breast Cancer survivor, so I am happy to see they are doing this and once again Orlando getting involved in another important cause and I am also happy to see Johnny involved in this as well. :) Two beautiful Men with big hearts. :wub:

Kim

This is a lovely initiative, for a very worthy cause. Thank you Buttercup and CaliMom for bringing this to us. It's not surprising to see Orlando involved, it's the sort of generosity of spirit we've come to expect of him.

Semmley

Thank you, ladies, for sharing!

You can never draw enough attention to breast cancer and make people aware!

I have an Aunt and a good friend who are Survivors and I keep annoying friends my age (26) by telling them to keep checking frequently but it's never too early to start.

It's lovely to see that our man is using his celebrity status in so many charitable and important ways without seeking recognition or making a big fuss about it.

Think pink, ladies!

~Elisabeth~

That's great. It's a very worthy cause to raise money for. There's not a person on the planet that hasn't either had breast cancer or known someone who has had it. My grandmother is a survivor.

Guest pegs223

Several years ago I had a scare with breast cancer. It turned out to be something else for which I thank my lucky stars. :iheart:

It's nice to see Orlando doing his part. :2thumbs:

That's great Orlando's supporting this cause. I lost my maternal grandmother to breast cancer in 1991. Cancer is a scary word, but hopefully a cure will be found soon.

I love how Orlando alway's helps where he can. Even if it's just signing a pink brush!

I have a good friend and neighbor who is terminal with breast cancer. Well, it started there but masticized into the lymphatic system and is now in her liver. Please say a prayer for Michelle. I help them out when I can with whatever I can. I will keep my eyes open for when this auction starts and may just put my 2 cents in on it. (more like $50.00, my favorite color is pink.)

Thank You, Orlando. For putting your name to a most worthy cause. :myuah:

~JessiBear

Thanks ladies for bringing this our attention. Another very worthy cause Orlando is involved with. :iheart:

Debbi

That is wonderful! My mother in law was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She will be going in for a masectomy soon. This is such a wonderful cause! I hope these brushes raise lots of money!

Karen

Thanks CaliMom and Buttercup for bringing this to our attention. A wonderful cause.I hope it's a huge success. On a side note, prayers go out to your friend, JessiBear, and to your MIL, Karen.

Susan

As a four year breast cancer survivor I am especially pleased to see that Orlando is participating. I, too, will bid on this brush. I am sure bids will reach beyond my limit but it will be fun to participate. Have you had your mamogram lately?

That's OUR Orlando! Giving back wherever he can. He's always so generous with his time when a charity is involved. Sonia raised her boy right! :yess:

I don't know if I will be able to bid, but I'm pulling for the breast cancer charity to raise both awareness and a lot of money! Ka-ching! :lol: Happy bidding everyone. :2thumbs:

- Pam -

Johnny Depp has a brush as well, to be auctioned off October 7. Barbara
Just wanted to throw out a quick update on how Johnny's brush is doing. They've got a few more days to go and his brush currently sits at $799.

Here's the link if you want to have a go at it (or simply check the status).

:2thumbs:Serenity

I noticed no one updated this lately. Hope it's ok if I do.

The auction for Orlando's brush begins TODAY, 24 October.

I'm not an eBay afficianado, so I don't know how to find out precisely what time the auction opens, but the previous ones opened around 9 am Eastern time.

Here's the picture they have on the website currently with Orlando's signed brush. This is also a link that will take you to the site if you click on it. Most likely, a better picture will surface on the eBay site once the bidding begins.

obbrush.jpg

Happy bidding, Ladies!!

(Did he plan to have this auction kick off on Legolas Day Eve? :hmmm: Interesting. :leg: )

Think pink.

:wink2: Serenity