ka-Bloom.org Forum

AUDIO: Orlando on Radio 2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Tahiri and Jupiter for the interview. I adore that giggle. :wub: It was such a pleasure to hear him talk about the role, the rawness of his emotional scenes and the stability of the routine of doing theater. For someone who won't get to see it I appreciated this more than you know. :hug:

I had downloaded it earlier, but just now had the chance to listen. And I had to do it fast, since Orlando talked fast. :shiny: It brought me closer to his mindset about doing the play . desire to get back to the theatre as well as fears about performing in that venue. It had been I think 9 years since Guildhall. From all that we've read and heard, he's nailed the part. :clap: Interesting that he hadn't read any of the reviews. Probably best that way.

This was just delightful. Thanks, Tahiri and Judi, for bringing it to us.

:grouphug:

Barbara

Thanks to the kB sistahhood, I have now been able to listen to the entire interview. Thank you Faye and McJules for coming to my rescue. :notworthy: Ka-Bloomies do not let you down.

I love this interview. "To quote Bilbo Baggins, I was feeling a little thin." What a guy! You've just got to love a man who can quote Tolkien. And I'm proud to hear that he went against advice to do the play too because he had to follow his own instinct about his craft. He seems to take his career very seriously, even though he is light hearted on the outside. Everything I learn about him makes me admire him more.

Thanks again Tahiri and Jupiter for bringing and downloading this interview.

:wub:

Aliza

Thanks Tahiri! :hug: That was a dleight and a treat to listen to. He sounds so upbeat and happy and it sounds like he is over his cold.

I think I am going to make that giggle of his into a seperate mp3 file and have it set to go off whenever I open up a new window or application. <le sigh> Either that and or "yada yada yada" !

Off to work on it!

Thanks again!

JessiBear

Thank you Tahiri and Jupiter! Great interview! He sounds excited and energized about the play. I'm so happy this has been a great experience for him. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a Broadway play someday.

I loved the part where he said he felt "too thin" like Bilbo. The fact that he referenced LOTR like I would or we as ka-Bloomies would, warms my heart in a geeky way.

eta: I just read your post in preview aliza, we had the same thought! Though you said it better.

I think I am going to make that giggle of his into a seperate mp3 file and have it set to go off whenever I open up a new window or application. <le sigh> Either that and or "yada yada yada" !
How about for your new e-mail alert?

Aliza, you're welcome, doll. :hug:

<--------Is DED. :faint:

He's absolutely delightful. So honest and unguarded. NO ONE can fake that kind of genuine. I love the way he seems to feel centered because of the routine the play has given him. I hope he does more work 'at home' because I think it truly lets him be himself– his lovely, inimitable self. :iheart:

Thanks SO much for this, all who had a hand in it.

Wow. Thanks for sharing this, ladies.

It was such a well-done interview and I've got to say he sounded absolutely focused, energized as it were. It seems as if this has truly been a rewarding experience in every way possible for Orlando.

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview. One of the best ones of late as it seemed there was time to really let Orlando share everything about the experience of being on stage.

The bonus of hearing that chuckle, that British lilt.priceless.

Aliza, the same thing happened to me as well. After the first four or five minutes when they go to the break it stops and it goes back to playing my songs list. :bash2:

Anyways the part I was able to hear I really enjoyed and I love listening to Orlando's great voice and his adorable laugh again! :wub: And like others have said I can tell how much he is enjoying his experience on stage. Which makes me wish I could go see him in this play that much more.

Thank you so much Judi and Tahiri for getting this for us! :hug:

ETA: Thanks to Cinemapersians/Pam I was able to listen to the entire interview and I absolutely enjoyed Orlando! Thank you Pam for your help! :iheart:

Kim

Oh what a wonderful interview! I just love him so much!!!! :blow: Sorry, got a bit carried away there.. :paperbag:

The giggles, the laughing, the fast talking, the enthousiasm.. He really seems to be very at ease here, which says a lot about the interviewer(s), too, of course. :2thumbs:

My favorite thing has to be where he talks about almost falling of the chair, just because I was there that day. Well, it happened in the evening performance and I went to see the matinee that day so I didn't really see it happen, but he told us (a few fans) about it at the stage door that night. He seemed to be so embarrassed, poor guy!

About being terrified at the start of the play.. that just shows how down to earth he really is and how great an actor. Really, I'm not even surprised. :wub:

What did surprise me was the fact that apparantly so many people in his live weren't really sure he should do this play. I am so glad he did!

Thanks for posting this, Tahiri and Jupiter!

Aliza, the same thing happened to me as well. After the first four or five minutes when they go to the break it stops and it goes back to playing my songs list.
Hmmm. Can't imagine why that would be, but I've taken pity on you and posted the two parts separately as well. See the first post in this thread.

I've taken pity on you and posted the two parts separately as well.
Thanks so much, Judi. The whole thing played just fine when I downloaded it and heard it on my laptop, but I had the same problem as others when I transferred it to my iPod - it stopped at the break. Weird.

Jules

Aliza, the same thing happened to me as well. After the first four or five minutes when they go to the break it stops and it goes back to playing my songs list.
Hmmm. Can't imagine why that would be, but I've taken pity on you and posted the two parts separately as well. See the first post in this thread.

Thank you Judi! The ka-Bloom motto: never leave a fan behind.

:heart:

Aliza

... He's absolutely delightful. So honest and unguarded. NO ONE can fake that kind of genuine.

Isn't he though?! I've just got to this and had to listen twice through, just for the sheer pleasure of the sound of his voice. One of the things I love best about this man is how real he remains, working in a world of pretension and hubris. Whatever his secret, he manages to stay so grounded and normal-sounding . in spite of all his celebrity and fame. What a gift! I just have the biggest grin as I listen.

I was interested by his comment on how carefully he's considering his next project, to build on what he's learned and experienced and created with this one. He notes the role is so unlike him - and it's an about-face from his earlier ones as well. Wonder if that means his next choice will be a deeper, richer character? (crossing fingers in hope of something nice and juicy for him to chomp down on) (But then again, he's so great in light comedy. :) ) I am well impressed with the choices he's made so far . there seems such a wisdom about them. He seems to have a good grasp of who, what, where he is and he's confident enough to plot his own journey, even when his advisors are shaking their heads. Have to respect that, yes?

Thanks so much for bringing this interview here to make it available for all of us . I love this kind of bit because it gets away from the programmed, repetitive patter of junkets and you can hear who he is when he relaxes and just yaks away. Plus I just love his voice and soft accent.

:wub:

After another listen, I'd like to comment on the interviewer, Steve Wright, as well. He must be part of the reason Orlando felt so relaxed. And I loved how he complimented Orlando on his moustache - "a bit David Niven" - and got that first delightful giggle from Orlando. So cute. He really did a great job putting Orlando at ease and drawing him out. And because of that, we got to hear Orlando do his Bilbo Baggins voice. :wub:

And I'm with you, LadyNin, in listening carefully to every syllable he said about future roles. :find:

What a wonderful interview! I've played it over and over. That giggle is priceless! :wub: I never tire of listening to his voice. He sounds so relaxed, happy, and confident. He's so genuine, down-to-earth, and focused on the direction he's taking. I got a chuckle out of his nearly falling of the chair on the stage, as well as the banter about filming pirates. Really enjoyed hearing his thoughts about the role of Steven and his return to the live stage. I'm so glad that he followed his heart and chose to do "In Celebration", despite most of those around him advising against it and not "rocking the boat". Good for him. I'm anxiously waiting to hear what his next project will be.

Thanks to Tahiri and Jupiter for bringing this to us.

Susan

It is lovely -as many of you have expressed- to hear the wonderful sound of his voice an the beautiful giggle, but it is even more wonderful to hear the honesty of his words, the revelation of his human status and the soul of a man fighting for his ideas.that for me, is just priceless.

Thanks for the file girls,

Stardust. :iheart:

What an absolute delight that whole interview was! Thank you so much Tahiri and Jupiter. I've listened to it over and over. His voice and giggle- such a treat for the ears! He did sound like he was really enjoying himself and would have liked to have kept going. What a shame. I could have listened to a whole lot more. I can't wait till he announces his next project now!