ka-Bloom.org Forum

AUDIO: Orlando on Radio 2

Orlando was interviewed on Steve Wright's programme on (British) Radio2 this afternoon. I caught it unexpectedly on the car radio and pulled up to listen!

However if you go here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/wright/ you can get a download or a podcast of the interview. (Orlando is the third of three interviews on that download)

Enjoy :bow:

T.

ETA:

Here's an edited mp3 of just the Orlando bits.

Right click and SaveTargetAs:

Steve Wright in the Afternoon - mp3 4.7mB

For anyone having trouble with the combined file, here's two separate ones:

Part 1 2.5mB

Part 2 2.2mB

~Jupiter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, thanks for the tip! For those of you who don't want to listen to Simon Cowell :sick: or Rihanna, Orlando comes on at around 28:00 into it.

His Kent accent, talking around 100mph - just like the phone call! :lol:

We'll have it edited and loaded up ASAP!

Thank you Tahiri for posting the link to the podcast. I really enjoyed the interview. It was great to hear Orlando's voice (and giggle) again. When I closed my eyes and listened to it, I could almost see Orlando talking and fidgeting like he does. :)

Going to listen again.

~Mollie~

Tahiri, thanks a million for this. :samooch:

It was lovely to hear Orlando's voice again. He is talking rather fast, isn't he? :lol: I like these radio interviews, it's so much easier to really listen to what he's saying, on video clips I always get so distracted watching him that I miss half the things he says.

Right, I'm off to listen to it again. There were quite a few interesting little insights that require repeat listenings.

Another week and I'll see him onstage. :w00t: SIL asked me over the phone how excited I am on a scale of 1 to 10. At the moment 8,75 and rising. By the time it's next Friday, I might be hitting 15.

:2thumbs:

Thank you so much for the information!

I love Orlando: he is funny, sweet and adorable and yet is determined, grounded, hard-working and smart. Orlando really is an inspiration, bless him.

Can't wait to see his film role choices in the future!

He sounds so happy and excited about the play. I love to hear his feelings on doing it and how determined he was to do it even though lots of people tried to talk him out of it. I just love hearing his voice and laugh!

Elvira I think I am already a ten on that excitement scale! Only 10 more days for me! :yahoo:

This is such a great interview! I love his accent, his voice and his giggly laugh! I can just see him smile with those beautiful teeth! I love how he can laugh at himself, as in the almost falling off the chair story and the leather coat chafing story! I had trouble understanding the night buses part. They're all talking at the same time. Can anyone tell me what they are saying and is there an inside joke to the night buses? It's interesting how nervous he was about the play and what an emotional toll it's been, when he talks about the emotional nakedness of being on stage.

Can't wait to see what the next film role will be!

Thanks for bringing it to here!

Thanks for the heads-up Tahiri, and Jupiter for the download.

This is a really nice treat, a great way to kick off the weekend! It sounds like typical Orlando, speaking very quickly, and so upbeat. What a guy! It touched me to hear him talk about how he was so nervous in the beginning. It just demonstrates his strong work ethic, making sure he gives his all, and does his best. How can you not love him?

aliza, give it another go. I couldn't get it to load right away either.

Also, I live in hope of seeing Orlando on the night bus. Or in Pizza Hut on the Charing Cross Road :lol: .
You may want to stake it out. Does it share space with a KFC? That seemed to be the norm when I was visiting. :lol:

(Don't forget about TGI's! Do they feature the Jack Daniels's steak dinners over there?)

Thank-you so much, Tahiri and Jupiter. This interview is a total delight. :iheart: It thrills me to hear him sounding so happy and relieved that this performance has worked out so well for him. Congratulations, Orlando. :cheers:

I only got 4 minutes, it cut off after the interviewer said they'd be right back with Orlando Bloom after these messages. Am I being shorted?
Yes, it's 10 minutes in total. Try downloading it again.

Can anyone tell me what they are saying and is there an inside joke to the night buses?
The joke is that you take the night bus home when it's late and you can't afford a taxi. Not something Orlando would ever need to do.

I like these radio interviews, it's so much easier to really listen to what he's saying, on video clips I always get so distracted watching him that I miss half the things he says.
You know, at first I was a smidge upset at getting to hear him, but not SEE him. After reading your post, I feel better about it. It's true, just hearing what he had to say without seeing him, I could actually just sit and listen, and play it again, and again. :lol: That was a very good thought, Elvira.

- Pam -

Thanks Tahiri and Jupiter for the perfect ending for this week.

This is a wonderful interview. I love to hear Orlando giggle. He really seemed to be enjoying himself. How I wish I could see this play.

Aliza, there is several seconds of silence when they say they'll be right back.

Debbi

I like these radio interviews, it's so much easier to really listen to what he's saying, on video clips I always get so distracted watching him that I miss half the things he says.
You know, at first I was a smidge upset at getting to hear him, but not SEE him. After reading your post, I feel better about it. It's true, just hearing what he had to say without seeing him, I could actually just sit and listen, and play it again, and again. :lol: That was a very good thought, Elvira.

- Pam -

You know, that doesn't seem to work for me. I find myself getting caught up in his voice - the cadence, accent, whatever, just the sound of it - and realize that I'm not really listening to a word he says. :teehee:

Nice interview though - it sounded a bit like he wanted to keep chatting - thanks for the link.

Wow, I enjoyed that so much and got every word it. Thanks a million, Tahiri and Jupiter.

Orlando exudes enthusiasm and is so happy about the play. I am so proud of him for being brave (regardless of the people who said not to do it) and following his heart.

What I really like in this interview is how Orlando is "so down to earth" and giggles at everything like he is talking to his mates. I just loved it. I am going to listen to this again.

Big :hug:

Charlie

I only got 4 minutes, it cut off after the interviewer said they'd be right back with Orlando Bloom after these messages. Am I being shorted?
Yes, it's 10 minutes in total. Try downloading it again.

Thanks for the tip. i've now downloaded it 3 times and it just ends after they go to the break. Even though it claims to be 10 minutes long, it ends after 5.30 or so. Frustrating, but I'll just have to imagine what might have been. Still on :Cloud9:

Aliza

:hmmm: I wonder if hubby will let me try it on his windows machine?

Oh, man this was fun to listen to. I enjoyed hearing Orlando talk about how he decided to do the role and how he is reassured by the routine. I also really appreciated the interviewer, who was so positive - "it's the law" that you see In Celebration - loved it!

Thanks, Tahiri and Judi.

Jules