MovieImp

Rumour: Angels & Demons (aka DaVinci Code 2)

Also out there today is this possible rumour:

Cinema Blend

Scoop: Orlando Bloom in Da Vinci Code 2

By Josh Tyler: 2007-07-31 00:01:08

Over the past few months we’ve been the first site on top of what’s been happening with the upcoming sequel to Da Vinci Code, based on the book “Angels & Demons”. Our sources tell us that within the next couple of weeks some of the scoops we’ve been bringing you may be confirmed. Namely that Tom Hanks is signed and on board for the second movie and that Gisele Bundchen will end up co-starring. But what’s even more exciting is who else may be in talks to join the cast.

Tonight I got an email from a long time scooper who claims that Pirates heartthrob Orlando Bloom is in talks to join the cast of Angels & Demons alongside Hanks and Bundchen. Our source is one who has given us proven information before, and a quick look at Orlando Bloom’s mostly empty post-Pirates schedule confirms that he has nothing else lined up, which would mean he’s free to do it, since production is supposed to begin soon (if it hasn’t started already).

If Orlando joins the cast, it’s unclear at this point who he’d play. Unless this is just some sort of cameo, it seems Orlando has no problem with simply leap-frogging from mega-blockbuster to mega-blockbuster. No puny indie movies for Legolas. Expect some sort of studio confirmation on this soon, it’s possible that they’re holding off on announcing Hanks and Bundchen in order to finish negotiating with Bloom first. Till then, consider it all rumor. Good rumor, but rumor just the same.

:O I'll keep my fingers crossed that it turns into more than just a rumor. Guess it's time for me to re-read Angles & Demons because I can't think of what character he might play.

Thanks MovieImp!

I read Angels and Demons a few years ago, and thought it was much better a book than The Da Vinci Code. :clap: If Orlando is going to be in A&D, I hope it is a better movie too ! (IMO, it can't be worse !). :lol:

Perhaps he'll get the chance to play the villain ! :devil:

Thanks, MI, for posting. Rumour status, but oh, what a delicious one!

:hug:

Barbara

Interesting rumor. I've never read the book personally but I now have a reason to read it. Thanks for the rumor MI.

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

it seems Orlando has no problem with simply leap-frogging from mega-blockbuster to mega-blockbuster. No puny indie movies for Legolas.
:rolleyes: They must not have heard about 'Haven'.

I didn't really like the Da Vinci Code (movie). If this rumor is true, I hope it is better than the first one.

it seems Orlando has no problem with simply leap-frogging from mega-blockbuster to mega-blockbuster. No puny indie movies for Legolas.
:rolleyes: They must not have heard about 'Haven'.

Or The Calcium Kid.

"I didn't really like the Da Vinci Code. If this rumor is true, I hope it is better than the first one."

I didn't see it, but I didn't hear good things about the movie either. :hmmm:

Thanks for the sippet, MI!

~TF

In my opinion, "Angels And Demons" is a better book than "The DaVinci Code". The ambigrams in "A&D" are purely amazing. John Langdon is an absolute genius.

Since it's only a rumor, I won't get my hopes up. Interesting tidbit though.

I am also keeping my fingers crossed that this ends up happening! :2thumbs: I would love to see Orlando in this with Tom Hanks! I have been a fan of Tom's since he first started out so this would be a thrill for me to see Orlando and Tom working together if it does turn out to be true! :cheer: I have also read the book and I agree I thought it was much better than the Da Vinci Code. :book:

Thank you Julia for bringing this over! :hug:

Kim

Oh Wow! This is an awesome rumor. Maybe he can play the Pope's personal assistant. I can't remember his name but it is a very juicy role and I think Orlando would be able to pull it off handsomely. :shiny:

I read the Da Vinci Code and thought it was a very well done book, but then I read Angels and Demons and I think that A&D is a muuch better story, or better written. In fact Dan Brown wrote A&D before he wrote The DaVinci Code and his publisher thought that he should publish that before A&D. :blink:

Anyway, juicy, juicy rumor. I will keep my fingers crossed on this one. Hopefully this movie will be done better then the last one. I didn't care much for the way they butchered the content.

Off me soap box now.

JessiBear

I really liked DaVinci Code, The Book - the movie, not so much, even though I love Audrey Tautou.

Guess I'll have to pick up A&D after I'm done with Young Mr. Potter. :wink:

I loved Angels and Demons, but it is an incredibly bloody book. Wouldn't want anything unpleasant happening to Orlando!

I really enjoyed Angels and Demons as well and polished it off in one plane ride I believe. It's a very quick read. Can't remember the bad guys but hey what about Orlando in a priest outfit! :dbb:

Oh Wow! This is an awesome rumor. Maybe he can play the Pope's personal assistant. I can't remember his name but it is a very juicy role and I think Orlando would be able to pull it off handsomely. :shiny:
That would be Carlo Ventresca, Il Camerlengo, the pope's chamberlain. That's who I thought of too when I first read this rumour. He's supposed to look in his late thirties, but like a youngster relative to all the other Vatican residents. I can't think of any other significant enough role, except maybe for the Hassassin and I don't remember his description.

I only read the book a couple of weeks back, and enjoyed it. I don't think it tries to be quite as complex as The Da Vinci Code (complex enough, though), so perhaps it will be easier to turn into a film without removing the heart of the story as that film did.

Interesting.

I think what I like better than the rumor is that the person who wrote the article is actually excited about Orlando doing the film.

I haven't read either book or seen the movie. Guess I'll have to put that on my to do list.

.....hey what about Orlando in a priest outfit!

Works for me MI.

Works for me MI.
That brings to mind Richard Chamberlain in The Thorn Birds.

I may have to run out and get this book. I haven't read either one of the two. :paperbag:

Works for me MI.

I was thinking the same thing, Faye. Those long legs of Orlando's encased in one of those long black priest's robes? Goodness!

We're all going to... well you know where. I'll bring the ice water! :shower:

I have no idea what this book or movie is about. I am guessing it would be in the Thriller genre? If so, it would certainly be a good move for Orlando, to do something darker. We shall see. Thanks for the article. :2thumbs:

We're all going to. well you know where. I'll bring the ice water! :shower:

I know CaliMom, but what a way to go! :devil:

Angels and Demons is way better than The DaVinci Code. It hasn't been that long since I read it, but I'm having trouble figuring out who Orlando would play, the Camerlengo, maybe?

I'll admit it, I'm just impatient for another movie, I don't care what it is.

I certainly do hope this will lead to more than just a rumour. Because I started reading the book last year and since I've been so busy I haven't had time to finish it. But it's a different story now. Such a nice kick to keep me inspired! :shiny:

I find this a bit of foreshadowing on my part because what interests me to read the book is when I heard that it will be made into a movie. Curious thing. :damncap:

I'm still halfway and I'm afraid that I need to read from the start of the book again just to be in tune of everything. I agree. It would be awesome if he plays a villain because as far as I've read, there's couple of really dark interesting characters here. So, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed! :yankchain:

I feel that this is such a great thriller for him. If ever, I hope it will be done beautifully!

I thought Angel and Demons was much better than The DaVinci Code too! Hope the rumors are true!

I'm like y'all - I need to go re-read it!

Sharon

Works for me MI.

I was thinking the same thing, Faye. Those long legs of Orlando's encased in one of those long black priest's robes? Goodness!

Oh yeah. I, as well, have thought he would look "divine" in a cassock. That wide sash around that

narrow waist. :innocent: Must be the."Look but don't touch" thing going on. Oh.sorry.kinda got carried away.

I read the DaVinci Code a while back.wasn't bad. I'll have to check out A&D.sounds interesting.

Thanks for posting the article.

Beverly

Well, well, well.

Definitely an interesting rumor, yeah?

I too am anxious to see Orlando in another movie, so I'm just selfish about that.

I thoroughly enjoyed The DaVinci Code and must admit that I read Angels & Demons second, rather than first. Angels & Demons was a thrill ride of a tale! I was very disappointed in the movie version of The DaVinci Code and have to say, as much as I truly enjoy Tom Hanks on screen, he didn't fit the picture of Langdon I had conjured in my head as I read that book and so I was disappointed in the casting and the whole feel of the movie overall. The book leaves you on the edge of your seat and the movie was well. too slow.