ka-Bloom.org Forum

Little_Green's Amazingly Bad Fan Picture Contest

Welcome one and welcome all to my latest hairbrained scheme. As Jutiper once said, "You can always trust Kat to come up with something inane."

It all started (as those of you who have read the In Celebration fan pictures thread will know) when I took a truly awful picture of Orlando. Well, the back of his head. And a blurry bit of pink which I'm assuming is the side of his face. Let's face it, Mario Testino has nothing to worry about.

So, over a curry in Brick Lane, I broached the subject with our esteemed leader (and Jackie and MovieImp and Sunstar, for that matter) of starting a contest to honour the fact that sometimes, when faced with a handsome man at close range, ones camera skills can leave a little to be desired. The idea was met with approval (and several poppadoms), so here it is.

If you have taken a truly awful fan picture of Orlando any time during the run of In Celebration, please do post it here to enter it into the competition. Here are a few rules (I might add more as I go along, depending on my mood):

1) The picture must have been taken during the run of In Celebration outside the stage door or somewhere else connected with the play. Please don't stalk Orlando through the streets of London hoping to get a blurry photo of his left ear. Even I wouldn't do that.

2) The picture must have Orlando in it somewhere. And it must be identifiably Orlando in some way. So, my picture of the floor (fabulous as it is) does not count, even though I was attempting to take a picture of Orlando. Also, if we can't see that it's Orlando, or be otherwise reasonably satisfied (for example, someone surrounded by a throng of girls wanting autographs), it's out.

3) The picture must be bad! That means no full face shots unless they're blurry. Really blurry. Random bits of Orlando are accepted in focus, for example Sunstar's picture of Orlando's hand qualifies (that picture cracks me up!).

4) Please don't try to take a bad photo. The fact that they're happy accidents is what makes the competition fun. Also, the more bad'uns you take, the less good'uns of Orlando looking like the stunner he is we get to see.

OK, I've rattled on enough. Get snapping, and get posting! There will be a prize. It's nature will be confirmed at a later date. I'm working on it.

I'll leave you with the picture that started it all.

orlando_small.jpg

Oh dear. Happy accidental snapping, folks!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, what a wonderful idea! I can't wait to see all the pictures!

1) The picture must have been taken during the run of In Celebration outside the stage door or somewhere else connected with the play. Please don't stalk Orlando through the streets of London hoping to get a blurry photo of his left ear. Even I wouldn't do that.

Sorry, but I can't help picturing women with cameras following him down the street, him graciously stopping and posing and still no one snaps as they are waiting for that "candid" shot! :lol:

Ahem. :eek:

Ces

Thanks, Kat. It's good to have a bit of silliness going on in the midst of all this excitement.

So, in true Blue Peter fashion, here are some I made posted earlier.

First attempt:

th_InCeleb_050707_01a.jpg

Orlando hiding behind a phone camera, part 1:

th_InCeleb_070707_17a.jpg

Orlando hiding behind a phone camera, part 2:

th_InCeleb_070707_11a.jpg

I like this one because if you squint your eyes you can just about make out that some other poor fan is having an Amazingly Bad Fan Picture Moment too, with her pic also half obscured by the person in front's mobile.

Orlando's legs:

OLegs2.jpg

I have to come clean and say this was not actually a picture I snapped, but a frame from an Amazingly Bad Fan Video I made - I dropped the camera in my excitement and it dangled away on my wrist filming areas of Orlando (and me) I wouldn't normally focus on.

That's it, unless I get another crack at it when/if I go again.

Little_green I was thrilled to hear about your contest. I think it is great to make the worst photo's into something positive. I have the perfect candidate; however it was taken in Disneyland and does not qualify. :( Still, it is good to know that I am not the only one, and that other equally bad (but still cherished) photos exist. I can’t wait to see them all. :2thumbs: Way to go photographers!

Anar

What a fantastic idea Kat. I'm sure I'll get some contenders when I'm there next month. I already have some "Where's Orlando" photos from Elizabethtown and Louisville. I need some more to add to my collection. :teehee: I love seeing everyone's "bad" Orlando photos. They are cracking me up.

~Ivy~

Welcome one and welcome all to my latest hairbrained scheme. As Jutiper once said, "You can always trust Kat to come up with something inane."
Including new and amaaaaazing ways to spell 'Jupiter'. :devil:

This was dreamed up without benefit of alcohol, which tells you how goofy it COULD have been, if only...

Unfortunately, I deleted my one bad photo because, try as I might, I couldn't find Orlando anywhere in it. It therefore would have been disqualified. Certainly not good, yet not bad enough. Story of my life. :lol:

C'mon, ladies and gents, snap away, as you never know if YOU could be the proud owner of the title of Most Amazingly Bad 'In Celebration' Fan Picture contest!

What fun.only because I have been known to take particularly bad photos during once-in-a-lifetime moments. :beatsme: Thankfully, someone invented digital cameras.

Even so, the entires thus far are great. Well within the rules and regulations. I can't wait to see what else pops up.

:lol: Great entries L_G, Sunstar and Jackie! Thanks for sharing.

OK, now I've studied my photos from the 5th more closely, it seems I have a few entries for the competition. I'm so glad I didn't delete them.

fanPicthumb.jpg fanPic1thumb.jpg <-----I'm sure that's his nose and an eyebrow! :lookie:

fanPic2thumb.jpg fanPic3thumb.jpg fanPic4thumb.jpg

Great competition, thanks Kat!

P.S. Kyle - I told you I had more of you in my photos than Orlando! :samooch:

Guest pegs223

:2thumbs: What a great idea!!!

At least these pictures will give me an idea of what I am missing where as I am on this side of the pond. :2thumbs:

Click away everyone!!!

This will be and currently is a blast. I love how we will search Orlando out of photos that are 99.9% not of him. Look there's an eye, an elbow, a wisp of hair. Oh, it is his armpit.I am loving it! Keep them coming. Oh, and please understand I am saying this in a loving way!