ka-Bloom.org Forum

The Guardian (UK)

Sunstar

Thanks for the article and scans, Rene. And Claire - we remember that the photo is part of Steven's Big Scene. :cry:

Jessi, Tim Healy is well known in the UK, but if you want promotion - it will be Orlando. Plus that's the real 'story', his first time in professional theatre after classical training and many films.

A really nice interview. :)

Wow, what a splendid article! Thanks so much for sharing it! :hug:

Yes indeed, get Orlando talking about the experience of doing this play and man, does he shine.

"really needed to do some theatre because I was feeling a bit thin",

Nice summation of Orlando’s recent emotions. I do find it interesting he turned down Steven’s role at first, yet later David Storey claimed it is the toughest role in the play. After a few nights working with his character, I wager Orlando agrees and now feels honored to play that role.

Spanky

Thank you Sunstar and Claire for bring this article and picture to us. It was a really interesting read and I loved the interaction shown in the picture of Steven and his father. Because that's how I think of it. Orlando is so good at taking on the persona of the characters he portrays.

Jessibear I agree with Jan that Orlando's debut is the story. In the meantime, though, I wonder just how hard it is for the other actors, who must feel their work is unappreciated. Hey! maybe the fact that Orlando is filling the Theatre each night will make a difference to their earnings? I don't know how these things work.

Semmley

Thank you Sunstar and Claire for the article and photographs. I remember the look of the late 60's and 70's and, while it wasn't one of my favourites, I think Orlando looks perfect for his character.

In one of the other "In Celebration" threads some of you mentioned that you would like this play to be recorded. I am hoping that they film it for television . wouldn't that be terrific?

Thanks again ladies.

:hug:

Charlie

In one of the other "In Celebration" threads some of you mentioned that you would like this play to be recorded. I am hoping that they film it for television . wouldn't that be terrific?
I guess I'm just going to follow you around all night, quoting you! :lol: I completely agree - it would be marvellous to see it, if it was recorded.

Thanks to Claire and Sunstar for bringing this over - it is great to read another thoughtful, in-depth article.

Jules

Thank you for the scans and the article. It is very interesting. Steven's character was one of the most difficult to play, as all the quite misterious and emotional characters. Playing it allows to learn much not only about the scene but also about oneself.