ka-Bloom.org Forum

VIDEO: In Celebration

If you took stage door videos that you'd like to share, please send them in! We can do the voodoo that we do so well and house them on the server if you need.

So. Here are the videos I took over the past 2 nights. First up, leaving the theatre on Thursday the 5th - a semi-mad dash to the car (he was out earlier to sign autographs). Second, the longer video from Friday the 6th, when he was out to sign autographs. *Le sigh* I started the video after a brief chat and getting my program signed.

MANY thanks to Judi for converting (and rotating! :lol: ) these for me.

5th July Lo Res 0.3mB

5th July Hi Res 0.6mB

6th July Lo Res 2.2mB

6th July Hi Res 6.3mB

Kat will be along in a bit to explain some of last night's video, as she can be heard talking - and seen! :w00t:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woweee. That's all I can say. I was a little to Jan's left when the video was taken, and I managed to have a little chat with Orlando (easily the most surreal experience of my life). It was me that he said "Are you squashed?" to (after I let out a little "Oof" as my ribcage was crushed :lol: ), and we also talked about the play - us having seen it the night before and him saying he couldn't get his head round it :wub: and then you can hear me saying something totally embarrassing along the lines of "You were amaaaaaaazing." You can see me at the end laughing like a horse :paperbag: .

Jan got to talk to him too, which was awesome, as did kathryn, who you can briefly see in the video. As far as I know, we all got stuff signed. Huzzah.

I have to say, I'm just totally blown away by how friendly, down to earth and easy to talk to he was. I was expecting to totally clam up, but I didn't feel self-conscious at all (perhaps I should have :lol: , I'm a bit embarrassed now!). I stand by my statement - he's amaaaaaaazing.

"This is well uncomfortable" :lmao: But so worth it!! :shiny:

Thanks so much Jan, watching the video is a fantastic way of reliving it! I was hoping to hear

him say 'ahh, thank you darling' to me, but never mind. I was right on the other end of the line

(next to Kat), and he looked at me :cheer: when he said it, so it didn't get picked up.

I still can't get over just how close to him we were - and how beautiful he is.

He has the most amazing skin, and the cutest freckles, and the twinkliest eyes!

That sounds inane, because we did all know that already - but it's not until you see him really close

(really close with everyone pushing us forward) that you really take it in.

Where's that cloud 9 smilie? :Cloud9:

Kathryn

Thank you so much Jan and Judi for making these available to us. :clap:

I made out the back of my head in the first one. Unruly curls! Kat, Jan and kathryn you really must be on cloud nine! How fantastic you got so close and got to talk to him. It looked like there were more security along with the guys we saw on Thursday. Did they recognise you?

Take that paperbag off Kat, you managed to get out a few sentences!

Amazing stuff! I do feel for him. I hope it calms down over the 10 week showing of the play. It looked like more of a squash than Thursday.

Congratulations to the 3 of you, and thanks again for sharing your experiences! :cheer:

Sam. :hug:

It looked like there were more security along with the guys we saw on Thursday.

They were the same four guards that were there on Thursday - they did recognise us and treated us really well. They're all lovely, and kept the crowds under control brilliantly.

Thank you so much for this close up look. How you manged to hold your hands steady to get videos so clear is amazing to me. :clap: Just to see him that close, to speak to him and to see his unfailing kindness to his fans does make you kind of wibbly. :quiver: Like Kathryn, you must all be on your very own cloud nine. Wow, now I can start an "In Celebration" folder. :cheer: Thank you so much for being our eyes and ears right now. :hug:

Thanks so much for sharing these with the rest of us, ladies. I really appreciate it and I know you'll treasure the memories of seeing him and chatting with him. He's so precious. :wub:

Looks to me like some lucky gal across from y'all was getting a pretty good hug and smack :samooch: there at the end of the video. :dbb: What a sweetheart he is to his fans. :hug:

:O:ded:

I'm so happy for you guys! Really, he seems so sweet. He sounded different, though. Is that the famous Yorkshire accent from the play?

Ah, all those wonderful CEOK's.. I just can't get enough of them. I hope mine is as good next week, but I'm not getting my hopes up (too much). :wink:

Thanks for the videos!! Really amazing stuff!

Fantastic videos . Kat, Jan, kathryn, I think I would be beyond Cloud 9. Huzzahs to Judi for the tech stuff. Incredible CEOKs, ladies. What a sweetheart he is! I am this close to a huge SQUEE, but holding it in because my hubby is nearby. I'll have to settle for smilies. :yahoo::yahoo: :cheer: :cheer: :dbb: Thank you for sharing and God bless.

Barbara

That is so awesome that you got to talk to him, if that was me, my heart would be pounding so loud he would probably hear it, I would be on cloud 9 and it would take me a long time to come back down again! :Cloud9:Kat, you must felt like you got squashed and I thought it was so nice that Orlando checked to see if you were OK. :wub:

Thank you for sharing the video clips with us Jan, Kat and Kathryn and Judi for converting them! :hug:

Kim

Guest AmberRose

amazing video, since I can't go I can at least watch the videos and see the photos :2thumbs: . Glad everyone had a good time.

Oh wow, Jan. I am out of words. Thank you for sharing your wonderful video with us. The second video explains why we love this man. So caring and genuinely easy to approach. He must have been EXHAUSTED after doing such a play, and yet, he takes time to talk to his fans and sign autographs. Sigh. Our Dear One! :throb: Thank you to everyone involved in bringing this video to us. Jan, Kat, Kathryn, and Judi.

Awww, what an almost snuggly CEOK you ladies had! If my pounding heart (from seeing your videos) is any indication of what you felt being so close to the man himself, well, I hope the paramedics were close by. Thank you so very much for your continued on the spot reporting and sharing with us. Just lovely!

:w00t::clap::wub:

Thank God I am home alone right now because I let out a large squee like I was actually there when I watched them. Thank you Jan, Kat, Kathryn, and Judi for these wonderful videos. Kat don't put that paperbag on you did wonderful! I don't know how I would react if I saw him. Was that a fellow Ka-Bloomie in the second video who gat a wonderful hug and a kiss? She was lucky and he was sweet to do that for her. He is sweet just to be out there anyway doing all of that. He seriously does look happier than I've seen him look in a while, he looks like he's having a blast performing on stage and seeing all of you there. The security guys seemed nice and not too pushy like some I've seen at events.

This made my morning and thanks for the videos. :hug:

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

Wonderful videos ladies! How exciting that must have been. As always I'm mixed with great joy for your luck as well as a bit of envy that I can't have the experience myself, but I continue to be ever grateful of how diligent you all are at bringing us all of these wonderful things so that those of us who cannot make it still feel a part of it all.

Orlando seems so gracious for the fan support of this endeavor, and we know he really is seeing as he's said as much himself a couple of times. :wub:

I'm so thrilled for him, and for you all who were there.

He is going to be completely beat by the end of this 10 weeks if he has to do the play and then the fan greeting thing every night. But I know he will handle it all with the grace that we have seen on many an occasion.

Thanks for sharing! :2thumbs:

~Mae

PS- I just have to add.what was a Will Turner pic doing in there? I thought he was only signing In Celebration programs? :rant: I don't blame him of course, hard to keep the head straight when all manner of paper is being thrust in your direction.

The security people were terrific; they of course have to protect Orlando (and assist other members of the cast and crew run the gauntlet to get to their cabs, etc.) plus protect the fans. They were only firm when trying to keep people out of the street.

None of us were nervous at all. The 'beauty' of chatting with him, or getting an autograph, is that he immediately puts you at ease. He's very calming. Like many of us have observed - just a really nice man who happens to be famous. And very gracious. He's done this so many times that he's very comfortable in the situation - and trusts those around him to 'take care' of him.

It was a madhouse, and he does what he can for those lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. There's no way he could sign for everyone, and I'm certain he's sadly resigned himself to that fact. In the case of a premiere (large or small), there's more space and it's a much more controlled situation where he can spend more time with fans. Many others wouldn't even make the effort, but that's not his style.

*Le sigh* :wub:

ETA:

PS- I just have to add...what was a Will Turner pic doing in there? I thought he was only signing In Celebration programs? :rant: I don't blame him of course, hard to keep the head straight when all manner of paper is being thrust in your direction.
They didn't make the 'announcement' last night, probably because it wasn't necessary. The 'pros' were nowhere in sight. The word must have been passed. Edited by Jan

Those of us on staff got to preview these last night before Judi worked her voodoo on them, and hear the transatlantic squees (with a bit more colorful language :lol: ). Great job in shooting them, Jan!

I couldn't be happier that so many ka-bloomies are getting to see this play and to greet him outside the theatre. Having been to a few of these kind of things myself, its always a wonder just how he wraps his head around the entire fan experience. :blush: I've come down to this in my mind; he may feel a bit overwhelmed by our affection at times, but I feel he would REALLY MISS IT if we all stopped coming out. He really seems to appreciate the authenticity of our enthusiasm, even when he must absorb it when he's dead tired.

And Kathryn nailed it on the head, too. Up close, he's just as flawless as any photograph I've ever seen, and better. :faint: Thanks again girls, for sharing it all with us. Brings back a lot of good memories.

Thank-you, Jan, for sharing these videos with us. And thank-you to the other ka-Bloomie reporters for sharing their experiences with us and for getting these clips up for us to see. What a network! :hug:

The vibe from that second clip was so wonderful, and some of it must be due to Orlando himself, projecting such a feeling of joy and satisfaction. I am so happy for you all; what a wonderful experience. :wub:

Thank you, ladies, for sharing your wonderful video encounters with us ! :hug:

He is just so sweet and obliging -- but we knew that ! Wish I had been there, but at least thanks to you all I have the chance to live vicariously through your pics and videos ! :cheer:

Thank you Jan for sharing your wonderful videos with us. And thanks to all of you who have been sharing your In Celebration experiences with the rest of us. :hug:

It's fantastic to see how sweetly Orlando interacts with his fans. His energy shines through even on video. :wub: