• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

th_32660_IC_07_122_986lo.jpg

Clearly wasn't thinking straight.

Obviously.

Or I'd have realised we were touching hands!

Aaaaargh!

Oh Jackie - if only you'd realised :lol: .

But at least you have photographic evidence!! I don't have any for touching his arm (apart

from my fingers tingling when I think about it!)

Here are my pics, in chronological order. Please do not take these and post anywhere else without my express permission. ( Not that they are all wonderful, but it's the principle of the thing. )

First off is Wednesday evening. Sunstar and I were there. We didn't plan it - had simply gone to the theatre to scope it out for the next night. We chatted to the security guy and the stage doorman ( both lovely guys) and even had a brief chat with and autograph from Tim Healy, who came out on a break and stopped to ask us if we were coming to see the play. The upshot was that rehearsal was due to end at ten, if we wanted to come back then. There were around 20 people waiting, of which only a handful were fans - the remaining ones were professional autograph vultures, all male, bar one. The security guy had told us that Orlando would not be signing anything, as he had had a long day, but that we would be able to take pictures. We were perfectly content with that and just wanted to wish him well for the first night. We were told not to move forward or Orlando would be taken right back in. As it happened he came out, with Clive and Sidi, and walked up to us as we were right at thefront, saying hello and holding out his hand for stuff to sign, though he was clearly tired. We just stood there and wished him well, and he thanked us, signed the flier cards we had picked up and gave Sunstar a hug ( and she still can't stop smiling. ) The fans did not mob him. I can't say the same for the pros, or the pap guy, who all kept yelling at him. I got a little video off and one good picture, and a few less than great ones. Click for bigger versions.

th_InCeleb_040707_01.jpg

This one's with a fan, but you can see the pros all around him.

th_InCeleb_040707_05a.jpg

I have one pic from late Thursday night after we'd seen the play, and he was going home. This is a worst fan pic entry. :lol: I didn't see too much of Orlando that night, being short and not near enough the front of the crowd. ( Though I had just seen him on stage, so no complaints from me. )

th_InCeleb_050707_01a.jpg

You all know by now what happened Friday night when we went back. I was standing between Jan and Kat. When Orlando came out I took a few pictures and then remembered to stop and just look, so I in effect watched the part that Jan videoed (and you can hear me adding a couple of inane sentences on it too.) Then I switched on my video and got a snatch of what happened after Jan stopped recording. I'll get it to the video expert soon, so it can be posted.

Here are the pics, some good , some a little blurry from being too close ( not that that was a problem for me at all, you understand :wink: )

th_InCeleb_060707_01.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_02.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_03.jpg

th_InCeleb_060707_04.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_05.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_06.jpg

th_InCeleb_060707_07.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_08.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_09.jpg

th_InCeleb_060707_10.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_11.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_12.jpg

Finally, Saturday night. ( Yes, four nights in a row! ) Since we had been so lucky on Friday we decided not to join the scrum for autographs, but to wait on the other side of the road from the theatre, and take some crowd pictures. Even this side of the road was full of people waiting their chance.

This gives you an idea of the insanity of it all. In the first pic the security guards are managing to keep everyone reasonably well together and off the road.

th_InCeleb_070707_02.jpg

When Orlando comes out the crowd round us simply runs across the road, blocking traffic and causing chaos - at this point there is not much the guards can do as they are now protecting Orlando.

th_InCeleb_070707_06a.jpg

Here's some of my better efforts. :lol: More entries for worst fan pic!

th_InCeleb_070707_07a.jpg th_InCeleb_070707_11a.jpg th_InCeleb_070707_17a.jpg

Jackie, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful close-up pics! They turned out very well. :clap:

Wow, there are lots of people out there waiting for an autograph. Looks quite scary all these people around Orlando :O

Thanks Jackie. You've given us all an insight into the madness outside the theatre, that's for sure.

I'll be there this Friday and, well, I'll probably give the stage door a go but I have to ask how long Orlando can keep this going.

Maybe I'll use the occasion to have a go at the paps. That could be a good use of my time!

Jackie, thank-you so much for sharing these. Great job! I am continually impressed with how Orlando just keeps on going, giving of himself and apparently enjoying it. And that smile in the first photo from Friday night - awww. What a pro, yes, but a wonderful person, too. I was also glad to see your distance shots, as that really helps me get a feel for the ambiance there. Thanks again. :hug:

Jackie, four nights in a row. I love it!! Thanks for sharing these and for giving us a flavor of and feel for the night, the excitement (i.e., madness), and Orlando's reactions. He's a real trooper, and truly cares for his fans. Bless you for getting these pics to us so quickly.

:hug:

Barbara

Sunstar, love the close-ups! You are so lucky! I am so happy for you :cheer:

th_InCeleb_060707_01.jpg th_InCeleb_060707_04.jpg

Jackie, I love these two especially! And especially the second one! It feels as though you can look inside those soulful eyes. Do you mind if I save them to my pc? I won't be using them anywhere, please?

You were really lucky, four nights in a row, wow! And the pics of the crowd made me feel as if I was there.

Thank you to everyone who posted their pics :hug:

Jackie! Wonderful pictures and thanks for sharing them with us! Even tired he's still willing to sign autographs. What a trooper!

Is that the infamous Clive that Kyle replaced as Orlando's helper? :lol:

Ces

Thanks Jackie for sharing these, I loved his expression from the friday night show when he first came out. :wub: He is a really great person to come out in that madness and sign autographs to see all of them, he is a really amazing person. I am wondering too if that is Clive? :lol: I also noticed a girl wearing a Mrs. Bloom sweatshirt in the first crowd picture from saturday night and it made me giggle seeing that.

Thanks for sharing. :hug:

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

Thank you, ladies and gents, for excellent fan pics.

Kat, you cracked me up with your wonderfully self-deprecating humour. Besides, your pictures aren't half bad given the situation. MITM, you lucky duck, you got really close! In that pic of Orlando signing your program, there's that early photo of him that is one of my all time favourites, I never knew it was his Guildhall photo. Kyle, our hero. Fantastic shots from a great height! I bet nobody's head ever gets in your way. :lol:Sunstar, in your last pic I can see two ladies behind Orlando, aren't they Dearbhla Molloy and Lynda Baron? Jaks, you got some stellar ones and you did a wise decision, not to film but just look. The view through a lens is never as pretty as with your own eyes. I'm going to show the ones of the crowds to hubby so he'll have an idea what he's getting into (I've booked him to take photos) and so that he can brace himself, poor man. :teehee:

However the boy is in need of a new grey jumper. That one is falling apart at the seams!
You may not be aware, but the jumper is from Dior Homme and the falling-apart seams are a decorative detail. He's got the same jumper also in black, see today's zen pic. :)

This thread is hilarious, I hope it'll continue to be filled up with many more great pics.

Great photos everyone, thanks so much for sharing them. It means a lot to me on the other side of the pond, to be able to share in your excitement! I too am touched at Orlando's willingness to give of himself.

Jules

However the boy is in need of a new grey jumper. That one is falling apart at the seams!
You may not be aware, but the jumper is from Dior Homme and the falling-apart seams are a decorative detail. He's got the same jumper also in black, see today's zen pic. :)
I spotted that too! :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing so many of your pictures with us, Jackie. You were very close to him, and I am glad you thought to just take in the moment, giving your camera a break.

You may not be aware, but the jumper is from Dior Homme and the falling-apart seams are a decorative detail. He's got the same jumper also in black, see today's zen pic.
Well, then, his entire wardrobe is in style. :devil:

Great pics, everyone - and Jackie and Rene, it was so hard to tell on those little screens on the camera, but you both got some great ones.

In this one of Rene's...

th_32682_IC_08_122_532lo.jpg

The woman immediately behind Orlando is Dearbhla Malloy, who plays his mother; and behind her is Lynda Baron, who plays the neighbor Mrs. Burnett.

Jackie, thank you for sharing your great pictures with us, I know I wouldn't be able to take pictures if that was me, my hands would be shaking all over the place! :hug: I don't know how he puts up with those crowds, it takes a special person to handle all that and he certainly is very gracious and generous when it comes to his fans. :wub:

Kim

What absolutely fantastic photos Jackie! You got some real goodies. In the first one from Friday night he has such a glorious smile on his face. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Four nights in a row? Now there's a dedicated ka-Bloomie for you! :clap:

I'll be there this Friday and, well, I'll probably give the stage door a go but I have to ask how long Orlando can keep this going.
I know what you mean. When the play goes to 2 show per day, he'll be shattered.

Maybe I'll use the occasion to have a go at the paps. That could be a good use of my time!
I'd like to see that!

Whoops, missed the new additions from Jackie and Sunstar! Thanks so much for them.

All the folks who are posting pics win the award of keeping cool and focused in something akin to a battle zone! The shots showing the rabid crowd make this five foot nothing kid shudder in fear. I agree, I don't understand how Orlando keeps his composure. He really adores his supporters. OK, he receives "Cool, Cute and Caring" award. Or something like that. :blink:

Again, brilliant job and hey, more thanks are in order. :hug::hug:

Spanky

In this one of Rene's.

th_32682_IC_08_122_532lo.jpg

The woman immediately behind Orlando is Dearbhla Malloy, who plays his mother; and behind her is Lynda Baron, who plays the neighbor Mrs. Burnett.

I can see his Elven tattoo! I don't know why, but in the moment I first spotted it I was like "He really is Legolas!" I mean, I knew that. Why does it just feel all the more real, now that I saw his tattoo? :oh:

You cleared up something for me too, Jan. For some reason, I assumed Lynda Baron was playing his mother, and Dearbhla Molloy was Mrs. Burnett.

Hey, it's late. Forgive my ramblings? :blink:

Jackie, love your pictures of Orlando and I thank you for being kind and sharing with us. You got great close-ups of freckles and eyelashes. :wub: I did save them to my hard drive but have added your name to the title. I promise I won't use them (for anything) without your permission.

I really admire Orlando's kindness towards the people waiting to see him. He is always smiling and cheerful with everyone. I am not surprised that so many people love him.

I suspect a time will come when the bodyguards will have to limit his time spent with fans. After all, Orlando can't face a mob every night . or can he?

Thanks again, Jackie.

:hug:

Charlie