Sassafras

Orlando Speaks Out - Legolas in The Hobbit?

PEFIC, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I read at TORN that there's something at MTV where Orlando talks a little about how he feels about playing Legolas in The Hobbit.

Click here.

Personally, I think it'd be kind of cool to see him play Thranduil. If PJ were directing, of course. They could probably make some adjustments to his appearance.

PJ directing and Orlando with the other "Ringers" doing cameos -- sounds great to me ! :cheer:

Thanks, Sassy. I was dying to hear Orlando's take on the whole "Legolas in The Hobbit" debate. I agree there is no doubt a role there for Orlando, if well written, but I am glad to see his mention of PJ. I doubt that he would take part unless PJ was directing.

Well now, that was an interesting little revelation. I don't know, to put Legolas in seems a tad contrived but erm, if it occurs I certainly wouldn't boycott seeing the flick! :lol:

Making the Hobbit is going to be a tough road, since LOTR created such strong, memorable characters. And if PJ does not direct, then it will also be a tough sell to the outraged fans.

I agree, Sassafras, I like the Thranduil angle for Orlando.

Thanks for the news!

Spanky (who is spelling her name correctly tonight) :doh:

I would be okay with Orlando playing Thranduil. If The Hobbit is being done (and I can't conceive of anyone other than PJ doing it), I'd love to see the story played basically as written. There's plenty in the book to stand on its own without adding LOTR characters who don't feature in Tolkien's story.

Barbara

Thanks for bringing this over Sassafras . :2thumbs:

I think a cameo would be a good idea, and very easy as they go to Mirkwood and are captured by Thranduil. They could have Legolas in the background, or talking to his Father, or something. But making a separate story line for him, isn't a good idea! That's just trying to rake in viewers by including Orlando. Like he says, his part in Middle Earth is over. I also think it's brilliant that Orlando is refusing to have anything to do with the project unless PJ is directing. That's what I'd do. Orlando has joined the ranks of Ian McKellen and Elija Wood, by saying no. At this rate whoever directs will have none of the original cast, and it won't be worth doing it. I am another who thinks Orlando would make an awesome Thranduil. We already know what a great elf he makes, he looks older and different from Legolas already, and this is such a different character I don't think anyone would be justified in saying he's just playing the same character.

That's my views.

I'd vote for Orlando for Thranduil. He's older now and could pass for his handsome ageless father. Stick a crown of leaves and berries on his head, act more commanding and regal and you're halfway there. Of course, the stars (and I mean the ones in the heavens) still have to align just right to get this project into good hands.

I can't get enough of The Elf. Or his father. :leg:

I totally agree with those of you who could see Orlando as Thranduil. I think it would be a great opportunity for him as, although he would be playing a Mirkwood elf again, this would allow Orlando to play a character who is very different to Legolas.

That said, I'm not holding out much hope unless PJ jumps back on board.

I add my vote for Orlando as Thranduil! I envision Thranduil with more silver-blond hair than golden. I can just see Orlando now with long silver-blond hair, regal robes, and an Elven crown on his head. Whew, is it hot in here :hott: ?