ka-Bloom.org Forum

Orlando to make West End Debut!

Thank you LoriV, Jan and Sonia for that little teaser. :hug: I know no matter what part he takes on he will give it his all and he will be awesome! :cheer: :wub:

Good luck and all the best to you Orlando! :hug:

Kim

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for LoriV, Jan and Sonia for that little teaser. It's lovely to receive confirmation that this event will take place. Although Orlando will be playing a significant and 'low profile" role, I know he will give it his all.

I forgot to add yesterday, in my enthusiasm, "BREAK A LEG, ORLANDO".

:hug:

Charlie

Thank you LoriV, Jan and Sonia for this little teaser. It's so good to have it confirmed that Orlando will be doing this play. This supporting role will hone his theatre skills. I would give a lot to be able to attend. Go Orlando!

Semmley

Since I know I won't be able to go to London to see this play, I've been searching for it, hoping to read it. I have found some very good articles with most of the plot details. From what I've read, this is exactly what he said he was looking for. If he does play Stephen, it's going to give him such a chance to use all his acting skills. :clap: I'm still doing my happy dance for him. I have links to the articles I've found if anyone wants to read them.

Since I know I won't be able to go to London to see this play, I've been searching for it, hoping to read it. I have found some very good articles with most of the plot details. From what I've read, this is exactly what he said he was looking for. If he does play Stephen, it's going to give him such a chance to use all his acting skills. :clap: I'm still doing my happy dance for him. I have links to the articles I've found if anyone wants to read them.

I'd love to read them, Serendipity. Thanks for offering. :hug:

Beth 37

Wow! Thank you LoriV, Jan and Mrs. Bloom! Where else can you get confirmation of upcoming projects directly from an actors mum?

Isn't it just like Orlando to not want to upstage other actors by taking a "low profile" part. :wub:

What a perfect way to get your theatre legs back.

Break a Leg, hon! :2thumbs:

:smiley:

JessiBear

I add my thanks to everyone involved in bringing this news to us.

Just a thought - wouldn't it be great if Sean Bean was to play the older brother. He is no stranger

to the London stage and he comes from Yorkshire

Take care

Wendy

What a FANTASTIC news! :yahoo: I wish I could just fly to London to see our Dear One on stage ( where is that transporter in Star Trek when you need it? ). I am sure he will be wonderful. One thing I admire about Orlando is that he isn't "all talks and no action," but actually makes things happen. In other words, if he wants something, he works towards getting it, and GETS IT. A quality that I admire in any person. Break a leg, Orlando! :)

Aww, like everyone else I'm really pleased and proud with this news. It's always gratifying to have yet more proof of his integrity - not just saying he wants to change direction, but actually doing it. It's just great. And to say I am hoping to go is a mild understatement. It's a small theatre and it's a no brainer that it will sell out.

What I do hope though - and I hope I'm not being a bit hypocritcal saying it, because I'll be there with bells on to support Orlando - I hope he gets a chance to do his stuff. That the theatre doesn't descend into something akin to a teeny pop concert of cat calls and people calling out to him, and Oh, can't you just imagine how awful it could be? I am sure this aspect of it must have been discussed, and they must all be reasonably confident it can be managed, but I can't help feeling a bit apprehensive for him.

What I do hope though - and I hope I'm not being a bit hypocritcal saying it, because I'll be there with bells on to support Orlando - I hope he gets a chance to do his stuff. That the theatre doesn't descend into something akin to a teeny pop concert of cat calls and people calling out to him, and Oh, can't you just imagine how awful it could be? I am sure this aspect of it must have been discussed, and they must all be reasonably confident it can be managed, but I can't help feeling a bit apprehensive for him.
FLC, I had that same thought hit me late last night. I hope that younger fans (granted, a generalization, but justified at times) treat a live stage performance with the respect it deserves. With a group of *ahem* older fans, there would be a lot of elbowing and kneeing going on, but that's more subtle. Isn't it??

I also think it would have been more likely in the past, when the excitement of his 'younger' following was larger than it is now. It's either that or (if you have signs over there like we do) add to the 'please turn of your mobiles' - 'AND your vocal cords'! :lol:

I had that thought too, FourLeafClover, but at the same time I realized that the theatre loving Brits who are very serious about their beloved plays, won't put up with any nonsense and will more than likely have the culprits tossed out or at least turn around and tell them to "belt up"! Almost sorry for sounding a bit harsh.

:hug:

Charlie

I found this on a couple of places on the web, here is the link to the article.

This is Bath

RADCLIFFE BOWS OUT AS HIT PLAY COMES TO CITY

08:00 - 21 April 2007

West End hit play Equus is coming to Bath - but without its headline-grabbing star.

Daniel Radcliffe, best-known as the eponymous hero of the Harry Potter films, made a splash in theatrical circles earlier this year when he took the title role in a West End revival of the play.

In the show, which theatre critics praised on opening in February and which has seen a sell-out run, Radcliffe even appears nude.

It emerged yesterday that the play is closing in London in June.

It will then go on a 12-week national tour - which promoters say will start at Bath's Theatre Royal on Tuesday, August 28.

But the tour will not see 17-year-old Radcliffe returning to the Bath area, as he is stepping down in June.

Instead the show's producers are recruiting a new cast for the national tour.

It has been reported in recent months that Billy Elliot star Jamie Bell could step into Radcliffe's shoes after Lord Of The Rings star Orlando Bloom turned down the role.

A spokeswoman for the Theatre Royal said it could not confirm if Equus would be coming to the theatre.

She said the dates mentioned fell in the theatre's autumn season, which would not be unveiled until July.

Radcliffe was spotted out and about in Bath during the filming of the first two Harry Potter films in the hugely popular series, which was partially shot in Wiltshire.

:O Just an interesting tidbit I ran across. :zip: I'll say no more.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I am so incredibly happy for Orlando. I know this is something he wanted to do for a while now.

On the other hand, I am sad that I will most likely not be able to see the play. I am still paying off my credit card bill from my London trip in January. If there is any possible way, I may have to take Kat[/] up on her floor space offer.

~Mollie~

(Currently pondering how to convince parents to give me a trip to London as an early graduation gift)

Do y'all realize that an expedited passport in the US costs $157.00?? (Not counting express mail to get it there and back quickly.) Yikes.

:whistle:

And just how would you happen to know this, Jan? :devil:

Thanks to a good friend, I've been saving my change in an 'Orlando Fund' bank and have almost enough to get mine! Trouble is, that doesn't leave anything for the trip. :blow:

I'm getting some Powerball tickets!

Where are my manners? :doh: Thanks to LoriV, Sonia , Jan and everyone who's brought this news to us.

Beth 37

When I first read the article I was so excited! :clap: But I do agree with some of you, that there will probably be a lot of screaming girls there.-. I do hope that he will be able to make it through each showing without some obscene garment being thrown up on stage at him or something being yelled at him in the middle of the performance. That would be terrible! (And also so embarrassing). But, I am very happy that he finally has the time to be able to work in the theater. I only wish that I was going to be in London during that time! :lol:

Adding my thanks to LoriV, Sonia, and Jan, for the information. This is so exciting to hear of his return to the stage, I hope many ka-Bloomies (especially those in the UK) can attend and show our support.

Many thanks, also, to those of you who have provided additional information on the play. The story sounds very intriguing.

Squeee. :cheer:

Massive excitement.

But what to wear?

Just the small matter of getting a date I can actually go, getting tickets, getting to London. And I'll have to stay overnight.

I have to say that when I've been to the theatre in the past and there's been a bit of excitement over some actor I've been the one rolling my eyes and tutting. I'm sure it'll be OK.

tatoola

Wow! Thank you LoriV, Jan and Mrs. Bloom! Where else can you get confirmation of upcoming projects directly from an actors mum?

You said it Jessi. :lol: Thanks for the tidbit of info LoriV, Jan and Mrs. B.

This is wonderful news of Orlando. I am very happy for him, finally getting to do something that is so near and dear to his heart. :cheer:

LG, you better start washing the floors, cause my hubby just happened to buy some lotto tickets for Saturday nights draw and if I.we...he happens to win the jackpot, I'm buying plane tickets for everyone. :pulp:

Break a Leg Orlando!

Luv ya, :heart:

Cherie

Guest Brena

Wooohooo, that's amazing news. :clap: I'm very happy for him.

I'd love to see him on stage. Well, maybe I should start on saving money to buy a ticket :P

Thanks for providing us with up-to-date infos. :2thumbs:

Thanks Orlando's Mum for that little teaser back on page six.

Snowfairy , I think Sean bean would be great too as the older brother. He has that edgy quality that would really bring that character to life. Also that would give me another reason to go see this. :shiny:

Thanks PJfla , for that article. I can't believe they asked Orlando. Surly he's far too old to play Daniel's part in Equus? :blink: Also, I can't see Orlando stripping off in front of all those people. Yea, he's done nude stuff in films, but nothing you could see. He's far too modest.

Like most of you have said, I too really hope that there isn't loads of screaming teenagers there. That would really would him off, and I'd feel so sorry for him. If I was within whispering distance of any silly girls, I'd have to say something, probably along the lines of shut up. I know I'm 16 but I most certainly wouldn't be screaming at the poor guy.

Cherie , if you do win they'll be a lot of begging Ka-bloomies at your door. :yankchain:

Good news.kinda. :2thumbs: Hubby caved today. He told me that if I get a job soon, we can go to London for a weekend showing of Orlando's play. :cheer: Talk about motivation!

Right, where's those classified ads? Heck.I'll clean toilets for a year if it means I can support Orlando. :pulp: