Anar

363 posts in this topic

I just came back from a brand new Walmart in our area. They had AWE toys. :clap: The action figures I saw were of the smaller variety. The also had a smaller ship that looked like the Black Pearl, it is larger than the tiny DMC ship.

So, I was going to take a picture of the Will figure I bought. But the package is packed with spoilers! After really looking Will over :naughty: I realized he's a spoiler! The back of the package tells spoilers, and shows another figure that ruined something I had been looking forward to. So I don't think I'll post a picture, but I will tell you he is wearing his beautiful burgandy shirt, his hair is down, and he does not have on a jacket or vest. The figure itself is not attractive, but the close up shot of Orlando on the front is!

I was about to put this in the DMC products when it dawned on me that we have all new products to look forward to! If it needs to be moved though, I will understand.

Anar

It's fine, Anar - I posted the photos a few weeks ago (around here somewhere :lol: ), as the toys were for sale on eBay.

And we'll have plenty of toys and other 'stuff' soon enough!

So is Zizzle finally (please make it so) out of the picture? I have seen things on eBay that are both NECA and Zizzle. I did succumb and buy a Will prisoner action figure, (how could I not?), but I am hoping NECA takes over again. They do much better work.

Am I insane or will there finally be a NECA Will 18" action figure this time around? I have room for him between Jack Sparrow, Aragorn, Legolas and Willie Wonka. My goal is to coat the window seat in my studio with handsome 18 inch action figures.

Yes, I aim low in my goals. :cheer:

Spanky

This isn't necessarily AWE related, but our Target had POTC Easter baskets. They were the animated POTC characters, but POTC none-the-less. Candy, pirate toys (eye patches, swords), etc. inside them. But at $14.99, I'll see if they have any the day after Easter at half price!

Walmart has POTC beach towels. I saw two designs: one with Jack and one with WILL and Jack. Even if you never go to the beach, you can find some use for them. Right? :hmmm:

Beth 37

Hmmm, hubby and I will be going to the lake this summer. I think those are the plans. it just so happens that I need a new beach towel. Thanks, Beth. :shiny:

Barbara

Beth37 Ha! I went to the Disney store last May or so & they had POTC beach towels on sale for $6. I bought 2 (wish I'd bought 4!) and I never go to the ocean, lake, etc. My lake is a pool and I made sure we made great use of them. I always say you can never have too many towels and I love big ones.

WW think I might check out WalMart. The reason is above!

Now, if they would just realize that we'd really love to have some all Will items.

Jeep

Our Target was jam-packed with AWE toys. Lots of figurines of "different" characters. Norrington, Cotton, the different Singapore pirates. There were miniature figurines that came in a set of four and were a little shorter than 2 inches tall. No Will in them. There was also some kind of action Will, where he spins and falls off a raft. :blink: Plus, there was a life-sized talking skull.

Nothing was terribly expensive. All under $10, I think.

Well, doggone, we're not going to the lake this summer. So . I won't be needing a new beach towel. However, when I'm at mother's early May I will check out her Target to see what AWE goodies I can find. Thanks, mames, for the heads up.

:hug:

Barbara

I just got back from Walmart where I grabbed purchased a "Prisoner Will Turner" from AWE. He comes with his hair down, wearing that hot red shirt. :hott: Accessories include sword, a chart holder (?), and the pole to which he is tied as seen in the trailer. This is another action figure my nephew won't get. :devil:

I bought "Prisoner Will Turner" too. :O WetWill! When I saw it, I giggled and blushed, and walked around the store with a big stupid grin on my face. Disney must know what they are doing. I'm sure more women like us will buy that action figure than 5-year-old boys (or whoever they are supposedly marketed to).

I saw the new toys at Wal-Mart today too and prisoner Will really made me giggle when I saw it. I also saw the beach towel too. Thanks for the heads up ladies.

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

My badly painted but hilarious "Prisoner Will" action figure arrived a few days ago.

He's securely imprisoned by his poor, stretched into a painful shape arms. He's also hanging off my Legolas figure's sword. Legolas is seated in a bunny bowl containing crystals on our living room table.

It's good to live with a fellow nut who endures my silliness! :hug:

Ladies, thanks for the heads up on Target. field trip!

Spanky

I fallen victim to another "Will". :paperbag: While at Walmart I saw the "Deluxe Will Turner With Spinning Powder Keg Raft". Well, this tells me he is going to be blown off yet another ship. :lmao: It is a rather good likeness of our Will. :shiny:

Oh dear, I've got to stop reading this thread. I don't have any money for new Wills and all these lovely goodies. And since when has that ever stopped me in the past!!! :lol:

"Powder Keg" Will . sounds explosive. And fun. I really must be good. Yeah, riiiiight!!!

WW

I fallen victim to another "Will". While at Walmart I saw the "Deluxe Will Turner With Spinning Powder Keg Raft". Well, this tells me he is going to be blown off yet another ship. It is a rather good likeness of our Will.
I too have fallen victim.but you all knew that already. :wink:

I stopped at Wal-Mart tonight to get Prisoner Will, which I did I am happy to report. But I also saw the Deluxe Will. I held him the package for a time but then put it back. His likeness was much more genuine to Mr. Turner but there was something about Prisoner Will I just had to have. Besides he was about $3.00 cheaper. Thinking about it now I wish I had spent the extra money and bought the Deluxe one. I'm certainly not going back to exchange him :blush: so perhaps I'll skip lunch bring lunch for a few days and pocket the lunch money. :hmmm:

For all you English girls out there, Toys 'R' Us have AWE toys in. Not many yet in my local store but some all the same. :2thumbs: I sadly haven't got anything yet, but I'm hoping to get a few little tings nearer the films release.

Kiddo got some AWE Bubble Bath at WalMart. It's called Mariner's Musk ( :huh: ) and it actually doesn't smell half bad. I'd have chosen Prisoner Will, but no one asked me!

Jeep