ka-Bloom.org Forum

Antarctica or BUST!

Jan

What exciting summertime fun for them both! Antartica must be the only Pap-free continent left so Orlando can let his hair down while he's doing his research/filming/eco-vacationing/?. It's an(other) opportunity of a lifetime.

Thanks for sharing the news, Jan and LoriV. I look forward to hearing more.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for telling us about this Jan and to LoriV for allowing us to talk about it. :hug: I have seen the pictures of him in Buenos Aires, Argentina and reading that he might be going to Antarctica but I wasn't sure if it was true or not. So now that I have read it on here I know it is! :throb:

I can't imagine what he is going to be seeing when he gets down there. I sure hope there will be pictures from it. And I am sure he will be more than prepared for the cold. :cold:

I wish I could tell him just how proud I am of him and I wish him all the best as he goes on this awesome adventure with Sebastian and please stay safe. :heart:

Kim

Good for Orlando! He really is putting his energy where his mouth is, so to speak. Not to mention that it's gotta be the trip of a lifetime. I would love to have the money and the freedom to do this kind of thing. I know he'll be pumped when he returns, and I will look foreward to reading more about this trip sometime in the future.

I'm glad Lori gave the okay to let this be discussed on the board. Thanks Jan.

I remember him saying he wanted to climb to Base Camp on Everest.

I had this flash of him finding the world's longest scarf and wrapping himself from head to toe. I the one that I pictured was the striped one he was wearing everywhere a while back. :shiny:

Good for you, Orlando! :clap:

ZB :innocent:

This is such an exciting and interesting expedition for Orlando and Sebastian to undertake. I love that they're doing it not just because "it sounds fun, dude," but because they want to learn more about and bring greater attention to the global warming crisis. What a terrific couple of guys they are. Can't wait to see what they do with the experience!

I'm so jealous of them! When I was a little girl I used to say that I want to be the woman on a research station [in Antarctic]. (And even though it sounds suspicious, it meant that I wanted to do some penguin research, I just didn't know there could be a female researcher. :teehee: )

Anyway I hope we will see plenty of pictures and maybe even video ( :w00t: ) but even more than that I wish they will have a safe and happy trip to Antarctic!

And finally thank you to Jan and LoriV for letting us know about this! :hug:

Anni

I was just on the phone with my Mom and when I told her that Orlando might possibly be going to Antarctica because of his interest in global warming, she said, "Well, if he goes to Antarctica won't that just heat things up more and increase the problem?"

:lmao:

"Well, if he goes to Antarctica won't that just heat things up more and increase the problem?"

Your mom is a winner, Adrianne ! :clap:

So look out South Pole -- you've got a heat wave (hottie) coming ! :lol:

Seriously though, this is a wonderful opportunity for Orlando for see more parts of the world that few men get to see, and at the same time take a stand for the Global Green cause. He and Sebastian should be commended for their devotion to this cause.

Wish I were going with them. :hug:

Adrianne, your mom cracks me up. :lol:

I wish Orlando and Sebastian as safe trip and hope they can try and keep warm. :cold: :hug: I also will echo the wishes for pictures/videos of this. It will be interesting to see pictures of this whole experience.

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

Aw, he's so lucky!! I've wanted to go to Antartica for years but alas, think I'm going to have to win the lottery first. And even though there maybe a smidgen of official type stuff going on, it's still a fantastic getaway. So nice to see him having holidays! First Hawaii, no this. Course, he would go from one extreme to the other, wouldn't he? :shiny:

Have fun and a safe trip, Orlando! And thank god for all that pirating you've been doing - at least you shouldn't get seasick. :sick:

Cheers

CC :meow:

Personally, I think he's nuts! :lol: But that's just because I would never do it. Hell, I'm sitting here in a heated house, with a fireplace and I'm still shivering because it's 40^F and raining here. I am a compleat wuss.

Orlando's just this wonderful wild young thing with a magnificent sense of adventure. I adore watching him do all the things he does . including his travels to unlikely places to do them. Can you just imagine the tales he will be able to tell to his grandbabies, someday in front of a fire? Take lots of pictures .. get IN lots of Bast's pictures . and share them with us someday. You go, Kiddo! :yess:

Oh wow. :O That is fantastic! Wow. :2thumbs: I'm really excited for him and proud of him to do this type of thing. I'm sure he is going to learn a lot while there. I wonder what all they will be doing while there. Visiting a research station, maybe. I think a boat trip would be so incredible. I saw March of the Penguins, and think it would be so amazing to actually go there. Yay for Orlando and Sebastian. Both of them are heroes to me. :wub:

Oh, for once I am really jealous of Orlando! I, too, have wanted to visit Antarctica. My husband has a cousin who won a $100,000 lottery and guess what he spent ALL of it doing? Yep, he spent it on a trip to Antarctica. I can listen to him tell about his adventures and look as his photos for hours. As I will never have that much money to spend on a trip.I most likely will never see the South Pole. Therefore I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get to see a bit of Antarctica through Orlando's eyes. Wouldn't it be lovely if he used his photographic talent and published a book?

Therefore I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get to see a bit of Antarctica through Orlando's eyes. Wouldn't it be lovely if he used his photographic talent and published a book?

Oh my, would that be an amazing thing to see? I'm so stoked for him. nezisme, if I ever win the lottery expect a phone call. I'll need someone to keep me company on my trip to Antarctica. :shiny:

Oh my, would that be an amazing thing to see? I'm so stoked for him. nezisme, if I ever win the lottery expect a phone call. I'll need someone to keep me company on my trip to Antarctica. :shiny:

I await your call, Adrianne! Perhaps you will be lucky and win. I didn't mention that my husband works for the Georgia lottery (I can't play) so perhaps you will.sending you good luck vibes. While we wait.take your own photos, Orlando, publish a book!

Wow! This is so awesome!! I wish them both a very safe journey! Thanks Jan and LoriV!

I have to comment on the clothing issue. I, for one, am cold just about all the time and can understand someone who bundles up in 60 degree weather. I have been known to wear fleece pants in the summer time (in air condition of course). :paperbag: I get a lot of grief as you can imagine. :whistle:

From one who knows, layer up good hon! :shiver:

Wow. That sounds.COLD. It would be an amazing trip, sure, but incredibly cold. :shiver:

I had to go shopping today for warmer clothes to take when I chaperone the school ski trip next week. The heat wave that's predicted for the area puts highs around 27°. I can't even begin to imagine how I'd prepare for the temps of Antarctica; my new socks are "only" rated to 40° below.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping there will be some photo documentation of the trip at the very least. Video would be even better, but I don't want to ask for too much. :lol:

I hope they have a safe and productive journey.

Thanks Jan for letting us know about this.

I think this is a great thing for Orlando and Sebastian to do. I'd love to go with them, even though I'm not a fan of the cold by hey it's Orlando! As Sebastian is there I bet we'll be getting some great photo's not only of Orlando but of the place as well.

When I read this, I immediately got an image of him all bundled up like an Eskimo, where you can just see his cold little face under all those fluffy hoods. Awwww. :wub: I bet he'll look very :hug: -able. Then my second thought was, " OH, no. What if he gets frost bite and his fingers start falling off! :O " Then my second thought was: " Oh, no what if he gets frost bite and other things fall off :fear: !" I'm not going to go into what others things though. I think this may be one of the only times we have wanted him to not show any flesh!

But I still think he is very brave for doing this and it shows us again what a caring person he is.

You go Orlando! :2thumbs:

PS. Little_green, loved the link! Also, Adrianne, your Mum has a point.