MovieImp

54 posts in this topic

For those of us in the USA, Extras is finally coming back on air per Ask Ausiello at TV Guide (LINK):

Question: When will Americans get to see the second season of Extras?— Adam G.

Ausiello: The new season starts Sunday, Jan. 14, and the celeb cameos are out of control in the first three episodes. In the premiere, Orlando Bloom tries to (Spoiler/swipe to read) convince Maggie (Ugly Betty's Ashley Jensen) that he's sexier than Johnny Depp. In the second, Andy (Ricky Gervais) gets into the VIP section of a club and bumps into David Bowie, who ad-libs a hilarious song about how Andy has sold his soul for sitcom stardom. And there's a scene in the third episode involving Daniel "Harry Potter" Radcliffe, Dame Diana Rigg and a condom that must be seen to be believed. Oh, and in case anyone's worried the show will go PC, Andy insults a kid with Down's syndrome and kicks a dwarf. Ah, good times….

It's on HBO. Go here for a video preview including Ian McKellan rehearsing, David Bowie singing, Dan Radcliffe in a boy scout uniform and a few quick clips of Orlando's segment.

I don't get HBO. :shout: Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD's. I wantd to see the one with Ian. I saw Dan Radcliffe's. Diana Rigg was hilarious! He was such a little twit, very un-Harry Potter-like, stress the un. It's sad to say I knew guys like his character for real. :lmao:

I don't get HBO. :shout: Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD's.

I don't get any television cable at all, but my local company will install it and allow you to rent a box for a weekend. It's not that expensive here, about $20 after installation fees, so I might just go ahead and do it for this.

I don't watch television usually, as the things I want to watch are usually all on DVD. :nope: You know, like Kingdom of Heaven, LOTR, POTC, etc. .

:devil:

Beth 37

I saw a sneak peak of Extras when I watching HBO the other night. Although I was planning to tape the whole season, I was wondering when they would air Orlando's. Thanks for the tidbit.

To pump up interest, Yahoo!TV has added a clip from Orlando's episode (no biggie) - BUT when I went to the page to check on it...NEW PHOTOS! :yahoo:

And I figured out how to get the HiRes versions. :teehee:

Oh dear God. :hott: Click away!

TV-ExtrasProd-13hires.jpg

TV-ExtrasProd-14hires.jpg

Jan! :kablaam::stretcher: I think I hurt something.

You might warn a suit slut before your post those pinstripes!

Thanks

Aliza

:stretcher:

SO sad, she never had a chance. Death by pinstripe. :blow:

What a way to go - thanks, Jan. :lol:

:O Backed into a corner. OMG!

Thanks, Jan.

Nice way to warm up on a chilly, rainy night. I'm with Patty: death by pinstripe indeed! :giveup:

Great photographs! I am so looking forward to finally seeing the whole episode, I cannot wait for the DVD to come out! My family in the UK simply forgot to tape it for me, when it was shown on BBC! FORGOT! :O

And I love the suit.

My exact first thought too, Faye! Except I said Unnggghhh, instead of OMG. :shiny:

My exact first thought too, Faye! Except I said Unnggghhh, instead of OMG. :shiny:

:devil: I have to admit that was my first thought too. I'm not going to share any more of my thoughts. Nope. Better not do it. :giveup:

The man is lethal. Thanks for getting me going this morning, Jan. I was having a terrible time waking up. Not anymore. :dbb:

Thanks Jan for the newpics. I have seen the whole episode but did not manage to see the HBO clips. My new computer is still acting strangely and I'm not going to risk more problems. But the new pics were great, definitely hadn't seen them before. Many thanks

Take care

Snowfairy

Okay, that first one is a little bit weird... :oh:

But the second one... Oh my!!! :O That suit!!! :dbb: The look on his face!!! :throb:

Thanks for finding these, Jan!!

Oh my. :OGood Morning! :w00t: Now that's what I call a the perfect start to a new day! Love that second shot. Thank you Jan! :hug: