Leia

Elizabethtown "special effects"

I am writing a dissertation for school on science fiction movies and how they are created with miniatures, special effects, CGI,..... I stumbled across the site of Flash Filmworks, the visual effects company who apparantly did the "special effects" for Elizabethtown.

http://www.flashfilmworks.com/d-elizabethtown.htm

It's not THAT interesting, really, but I like the Orlando pictures... :naughty:

Be prepared! I'm gonna have to work on this dissertation for another six months, so I'll propbably come up with other stuff like this. :shiny:

Very interesting, Leia. Thanks for finding and posting. And I do agree about the Orlando pictures.

:shiny::hug:

Barbara

One of the interesting things about that, to me anyway, is that you think a movie like Elizabethtown isn't really going to need a lot in the way of special effects, especially when compared with say, POTC. But it just goes to show that in that industry, everything is complicated. I still find it surprising just how much work can go into one tiny little shot.

Nice! Thanks, Leia. It was no special effect getting Orlando to sleep, though. Apparently he was really tired and kind of stressed out, so he fell asleep for real for that scene. :yawn:

Thanks Leia for finding that. It is always enjoyable to look at the precious boy and also interesting to read about the special effects. Look forward to more in the future and good luck with your project.

Take care

Snowfairy

Wow, that's interesting. I would have never guessed those scences were special effects, especially the second one. But I wonder which was harder? Connecting the TV to a VCR and have something playing, or adding it later using computer. Oh well. Thank you, Leia.

Thank you Leia for sharing this with us. :hug: I love the pictures of Orlando, especially the second set where he is sound asleep. :wub:

Looking forward to whatever else you share with us in the future. :)

Kim

Believe me, Leia, anything to do with Orlando is interesting - you should know us by now :lol: .

Thank you for sharing and please continue to share whatever goodies you find.

:hug:

Charlie

Thanks Leia for that cool site. Those pictures were cute of Orlando. :wub: Awesome project, can't wait to hear more about your project.

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

The reason they don't just hook up the VCR to the TV and play something is because the image doesn't show up properly. Try taking a photo of your TV and you'll find that only half the image is there. It's because a picture on a TV isn't a solid still like with a photo. Even putting it on pause won't give you the full image. When I was younger I used to try and take of photos of my TV so I could have pictures of the guys I thought were hot. :blush:

I was always disappointed that it never worked.

Thanks for the link Leia. I'm fascinating by more or less anything that goes into the making of a movie, so I find things like these highly interesting (not to mention the fact it's an unexpected opportunity to ogle Orlando :lol: !). I would never have thought those landscapes to be special effects.

Good luck with your project !

Buttons, I used to do the same thing :lol: - and got to experience the same disappointment alas. Thank goodness for DVD's and screencapping.