kathryn

26 posts in this topic

I hope I have put this in the right forum!

I was lucky enough to meet up with my lovely friend Alex last week, who has just moved to a new job

in the publicity department of a publisher. Naturally when she mentioned that this book is on her list the first

two questions I asked her were 'Are there pictures of Orlando in it?' and 'Can you send me a copy?'

The lovely, lovely Alex said 'yes' and 'yes' - and the book arrived in the post today.

The book is completely gorgeous! It has fantastic exclusive behind-the-scenes photos in it. I've scanned the Orlando ones and sent them to the webmaster address - so hopefully one of the PEFIC will load them up for us (I chickened out of trying myself).

It's really, seriously worth putting on your christmas list - only £8.99 from Amazon!

Gotta go - my dinner's ready.

Kathryn.

Thanks, kathryn, and please let your friend know how much we all appreciate the pictures! I love behind the scenes photos, especially the ones where he looks deep in concentration getting ready for a scene, and the ones where he's having fun with the cast.

Wow! there are more pictures than I expected to see. This is great! I will have to add it to my collection. I did check it out a Amazon like you suggested kathryn, thanks for posting it! Now, is it just the angle, or does Orlando look tiny in that last shot? Perfect, none the less. :wub:

:holly: Anar

Wonderful pictures, Kathryn - thank you for sharing!

Anar, Orlando looks teeny in that last photo (amusingly so :lol: ) because he's standing next to co-writer and co-director of Extras Stephen Merchant, who is 6'7" tall! Check out normal-height Ricky in the foreground. That lady on the left is also rather tall!

Thanks Kathryn and Jupiter, for these scans. Me too I love behind-the-scenes stuff. and all the more so if it features Orlando :) ! And you say it's for sale at Amazon ? Okay, that's me off then. my husband is still desperately trying to come up with a few things for my Xmas pressies, so I guess I'll have to whisper in his ear :shiny: .

Don't you just love Orlando's smile in the last pic ? :wub: Can't help it though, that wig gives me the giggles any time I see it :tomato: .

Love that smile in the last one! :shiny: Thank you so much Kathryn for sharing these with us and thank your friend too. :hug:

Thanks kathryn and jupiter for the book and those scans, they are great. :clap::hug: I hope I have a free HBO weekend when it premieres here in the States.

:heart: :rudy:

~Kit-Kat~

Wow, I still remember rolling on the floor watching this clip. Orlando is a natural at comedy. Wonderful pictures, Kathryn and Judi. Thank you so much. And yes, what a smile! :wub:

:candle:

:w00t: These are brilliant, thanks for bringing them over, kathryn. :hug:

The smile in the last one is so sweet. He's standing there like a little schoolboy. :teehee:

:holly: Doris x

Thank you so much Kathryn for bringing these over and thank your friend for us! :snoopy: Orlando looks so adorable in these pictures. :wub: I just played back my clip of it the other day and he had me laughing just as hard as I did the first time I watched him, the beginning with the flowers was so hilarious, I am laughing just thinking about it. :lol: I can't wait to see it again on HBO! :cheer: I also hope he does more comedy like that, he is such a natural. :throb:

Kim :klaus:

Thanks, Kathryn and Jupiter. These are terrific. My fav is the one of Orlando holding the "Sexiest Film Stars" magazine.

:hug:

Barbara

Thanks so much, kathryn and Judi! Adorable pictures - I think this is going to get added to my Christmas list.

:klaus: :ornblue: :klaus: :ornblue:

I'm glad you liked the pictures! Thanks Judi for posting them - I'd just spent an hour scanning them and completely chickened out of trying to upload and post them too.

I apologise for the poor quality of the scans - Orlando's episode is right in the middle of the book

(being episode 1 of season 2!) and it was very hard to get it flat enough for a good scan.

There's also a very small pic of the kiss between Maggie and Orlando that I gave up on as my scanning

programme was complaining a lot at that point, and we have a very similar shot in the gallerie.

I should also mention that the inside covers of the book are covered in the (printed) signatures of the guest

stars from the series, which I thought was a lovely touch! Oh, and the double-page spread of the picture of Orlando and Maggie is far more impressive in reality. :giveup:

And don't forget - you can shop at Amazon through the ka-bloom link.

Kathryn.

Wonderful pics. Thanks so much, Kathryn and Judi! I feel a trip over to the Amazon site coming on.

ETA: Amazon visited, order duly placed!

Jules

Jules, did you order from Amazon US? Because I'm not getting it to come up there. Just asking.

Aliza

Jules, did you order from Amazon US? Because I'm not getting it to come up there. Just asking.

I had trouble too aliza, but I finally found it for pre-order. I think I had a hard time becuase of the extra semicolons. :beatsme: Extras: The Scripts: Series One and Two. Someone please tell me if I have the wrong book!

:holly: Anar

ETA: I posted the link, and removed it because I think it would be better to go through Ka-Bloom's link and then copy and paste this into the search: Extras: The Scripts: Series One and Two

Thanks Anar, I found it. It's on my wish list.

Aliza

I ordered mine through Amazon UK - they said it should arrive by month-end.

Jules

Thank you so much for these scans Kathryn and Jupiter. I particularly like the pics. where Orlando is preparing for a scene.

Fiore I love that wig - it is so fetching. Our Barristers wear the same headgear, like the Brit. system, so I don't find it an oddity. Orlando's wig is new and I think it suits him. I wouldn't mind him being my Defence Counsel, at all, at all.

That pic. with the cute finger to the mouth, is a gem. I like that he's never afraid to send himself up.

As for the book. Well, it is Christmas!

:santacheers:

Semmley

This would make a lovely Christmas pressie. Thank you for the heads up and scans, kathryn, and please give your friend a hug from me. :chim:

Now I am off to find it!

Guest WinchesterCrazy

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for posting! :2thumbs:

Thanks for the great pics, Kathryn and Judi. :hug: It's almost as good as having the book myself.

Looks like it might be a great birthday present for someone I know. :lol:

Kathryn and Jupiter, thanks for the teamwork getting the pictures posted. :hug:

I just went and pre-ordered the book.